Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
interesting, no one really does that here. well until they’re 45 and they get a free one anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Flying back to the UK before the weekend I was the only person I could see wearing a mask. Now on the flight home I have seen one (1) masked person and she was wearing it the wrong way up. Great job guys!

Several people back in my office have got it this week. itshappening.gif

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
just passed my neighbours from across the hall in the stairwell. she had a mask on, he didn't. if they have covid and they got my immunodeficient rear end sick, i'm going to piss on their doormat until the cops come

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
Oh boy. I gotta weigh my 100% remote job against finding a new job: "Covid is over now, but you can have two days a week to yourself. As a treat." and other "Yes we're fully remote now. Must relocate to San Francisco." jobbos.

Half way through interview loop I took a day off for:
Interviewer: "Why do you want to work for us?"
Me: - "The job description says you're doing micro services in Rust. The only other companies that use it are firmware places or other companies that want ten years of C++. I'm a web and services developer."
Interviewer: "Ah, I think Fred wrote that. We'd like to be doing that, we're primarily Node shop with a bit of Ruby."

The angry dad voice in my head goes
:clint: "Son, you shoulda been Senior By 30, Principal By 40. If you're submitting resumes for your new job instead of just being a Known Name in The Industry and being offered jobs- do you even know how to wipe your own rear end without getting poo poo on your hands?"

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 9, 2023

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

if you figure that out let me know, i never got the hang of it and it’s why i got a bidet

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

fart simpson posted:

if you figure that out let me know, i never got the hang of it and it’s why i got a bidet

you already solved it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
it's march 13th and you know what that means

year 5 crew

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

does it count as wfh still if u go to the office 2x/wk

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

does it count as wfh still if u go to the office 2x/wk

of course. looking fwd to heading in tomorrow

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

graph posted:

it's march 13th and you know what that means

year 5 crew

at the end of november will be my 5 year anniversary at my current job

I'm not sure how I feel about that right now

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Fool posted:

at the end of november will be my 5 year anniversary at my current job

I'm not sure how I feel about that right now

at the end of nov i think i'll be at 15

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

this is right at two years in my current gig after 17 in the one before it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

2 years direct this next month, 5 years total

4 years of it has been wfh :getin:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

i did 4 in my last job but 11 in the job before that

that was 6 or 7 years too many

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

just coming up to 6 years at this place. I got an extra week annual leave from this year onwards which is pretty cool.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
9 years in nov and have been fully remote for the past 4

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

after I got covid for the first and so far only time by going to the office for no reason other than to get my days in [95% of the people I work with aren't in this area] I talked my boss into classifying me as full time remote and I'm very happy about it because senior management is turning up the temp on the office days frog pot. meanwhile the office and surrounding area keep getting worse and they don't even have lockers or any other kind of secure storage yet

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
they tried bumping up the office days requirement here but half the office can't even do it because there just aren't enough desks lol

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I've been back at the office full time for a couple of years. I have somehow never caught COVID as far as I know, but I also work in an environment where 95% of the people I work around were vaccinated and masked during the worst of it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
it's Finally Over

quote:

Of note: As of March 2024, individuals no longer need to submit positive COVID-19 test results to [Health Services], and a five-day period of isolation is no longer required for infections with COVID-19. Instead, [everyone] should follow the guidance below for any respiratory virus, including COVID-19 and influenza.

If you have symptoms of any respiratory virus (fever, chills, fatigue, cough, runny nose, headache), you should stay home and away from others. You may return to your usual activities (including school and work), when, for at least 24 hours, both are true:

Your symptoms are improving.

AND

You have not had a fever (and are not using fever-reducing medications).

COVID-19 tests will remain in the wellness vending machines, and they should be taken when you have such symptoms.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
gonna close this thread on my 15 year work anniversary next month. we did it folks.

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

gonna close this thread on my 15 year work anniversary next month. we did it folks.

mentally i'm still at the march 2020 "I built a standing desk out of beer boxes" phase
thanks 4 the thread

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

:patriot:

i will gold or goodmine it because it's a relevant time capsule

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
can’t believe it’s already been 15 years since covid

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

the real anniversary for me is when the US/Canadian border closed because that's when I got trapped on the opposite side from where my apartment was :whitewater:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
happy coronaversary :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
oh poo poo, it's my 17 year work anniversary gently caress.

well anyways we did it folks. coronavirus was solved, and no one was harmed in the making of this episode.