Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I listen to podcasts when mowing the lawn or shoveling snow and it’s a decent time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

MononcQc posted:

I listen to podcasts when mowing the lawn or shoveling snow and it’s a decent time
yeah same

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

good mourning yos

cars bad, bikes good. trains and walking etc are good too. my point is gently caress cars

*throws a nickel to beep*

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

MononcQc posted:

“I gently caress my wife! I gently caress my wife so good!” I keep posting on the computer forums thread about coronavirus and working from home. “it’s my life’s insight! exercise and gently caress your wife!!”

It’s a good insight to be honest

Apr 7, 2003

I’m gonna go ride my goddamn bike.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I use a push/reel mower so I can silently mow whenever I feel like without noise being a pain in the rear end and last time I got interrupted 3 times by olds who instantly got nostalgic and a teenager who appreciated the retro aspect of it all

Apr 7, 2003

I just pay someone to mow my lawn.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I just pay someone to mow my lawn.

lawns are as bad as cars

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I have an electric mower and the only sound is the whoosh of the blade and my constant grunting. it's cool

Apr 7, 2003

The Fool posted:

lawns are as bad as cars

My lawn is 20' x 30'

Apr 7, 2003

The world as we knew it is over for now, possibly forever. Just go hog wild. Who cares about convention anymore.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I have an electric mower and the only sound is the whoosh of the blade and my constant grunting. it's cool

same. it loving owns. at first i used an old fashioned reel mower but gently caress that thing.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
you need a nice, flat area for those things, and my lawn is bumpy and whatnot.

Apr 7, 2003

I have a reel mower but I haven't taken it out in years. My guy comes every two weeks and trims up the front and the back for $100 a month. Worth it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

MononcQc posted:

“I gently caress my wife! I gently caress my wife so good!” I keep posting on the computer forums thread about coronavirus and working from home. “it’s my life’s insight! exercise and gently caress your wife!!”

that vietnamese ‘just stop drink!’ psa only it’s, ‘exercise. gently caress wife’ on loop for a minute

Apr 7, 2003

Honest to god, riding a bike is the only thing keeping me sane right now.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

My lawn is 20' x 30'

so small cars are ok too?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Honest to god, riding a bike is the only thing keeping me sane right now.

its not doing a great job

Apr 7, 2003

The Fool posted:

so small cars are ok too?

No cars are okay and automobile ownership and usage should be kept to a bare minimum.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

MononcQc posted:

I use a push/reel mower so I can silently mow whenever I feel like without noise being a pain in the rear end and last time I got interrupted 3 times by olds who instantly got nostalgic and a teenager who appreciated the retro aspect of it all

i have one of those and it suck-diddly-ucks and now i use an electric (the dual blade EGO mower)

Apr 7, 2003

power botton posted:

These are trying times

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

No lawns are okay and lawn ownership and usage should be kept to a bare minimum.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

power botton posted:

lol

Apr 7, 2003

This is also true, I’d rather live in a condo building.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
next month we're converting a big chunk of our front lawn into a vegetable garden

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
they call them victory gardens because the conversion is your last and final victory over the lawn and its “””needs”””

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

the automobile and its bastard twin, the suburb, are responsible for a gigantic portion of the problems of modernity

I wouldn't be able to get to the backcountry for hiking and camping without one though, and that's been quite important for me during the roni

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lawns are for planting trees in

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

lawns are for planting trees in

and gardens

any left over space should be used for other local flora

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

lol blaming the burbs when u should be blaming capitalism

“global warming wouldn’t be a problem if you were individually making better choices”

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

PCjr sidecar posted:

lol blaming the burbs when u should be blaming capitalism

“global warming wouldn’t be a problem if you were individually making better choices”

if we all just wear masks in public the government doesn't need to do anything else to fix this whole pandemic thing

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

can you imagine taking integrated action where the government and its people work together to fix things rather than forever framing them as oppositional

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

psh look at this guy who thinks the government should do something besides take my money and spy on me

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

pointing out the atomization, gross misallocation of resources, and social division created by suburbanization is hardly inconsistent with an anticapitalist politics. and for that matter it is ridiculous to conflate criticizing the mass suburbanization of a continent with an "individual choices" argument

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

MononcQc posted:

can you imagine taking integrated action where the government and its people work together to fix things rather than forever framing them as oppositional

“gotta hear both sides”

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’m not owned! I’m not owned! i shout as I slowly flatten and transform into a victory garden.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

dick dorkins, thinking about two heirloom tomatoes 69-ing each other.

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i have one of those and it suck-diddly-ucks and now i use an electric (the dual blade EGO mower)

makes mowing suck much less when it’s reasonably quiet, earbuds as low volume is all you need to listen to podcasts - also one thing I enjoyed about driving alone or just the wife was quiet listening to something.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

reel mowers work great if you keep them sharp and adjusted which people tend not to do

i mean if you've got some huge yard yeah get something powered but for small lawns a reel mower is fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

no way, man. even brand new my reel mower just didn’t work well on my *ahem* low maintenance lawn.