Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm not a fan of Harbor Freight normally but this looks like a good deal and won't cut your fingers off if something goes wrong like their other products.

https://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html

Nice. yeah, i would buy something like that from harbor freight, as opposed to something like jackstands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I saw a chainsaw special at Aldi for $29.95 once, wonder how many people that's killed.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I bought a cheap solder at harbor freight once and i'm still surprised I didn't burn my apartment down.

https://www.harborfreight.com/30-watt-lightweight-soldering-iron-69060.html

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

I saw a chainsaw special at Aldi for $29.95 once, wonder how many people that's killed.

lol.Nope!!!

Apr 7, 2003

Honestly, in 2021 buying from Harbor Freight is probably better than buying from the plethora of all-caps weird brand names on Amazon that disappear after a week.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I bought a cheap solder at harbor freight once and i'm still surprised I didn't burn my apartment down.

i'd be okay with that. it's just a big resistor that you plug into the wall.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

trying to get my fat rear end back into shape after a real lazy winter, lunchtime run felt pretty good today

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

jesus WEP posted:

trying to get my fat rear end back into shape after a real lazy winter, lunchtime run felt pretty good today

hell yeah brother, make those gains

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Thinking about buying an ultrasonic cleaner so I don't have to gently caress around with my bike chains after a ride

I like boeshield t-9. It doesn't attract as much grunge as other lubes and it is easy to keep clean. My rides are relatively dry gravel and city stuff though.

I give it a trip through the chain pig when it gets dirty and then apply and let dry overnight.

It's the military industrial complex bringing you your peace dividend.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Kazinsal posted:

the late 1970s were an incredible era for comedy films. Kentucky Fried Movie, Animal House, Life of Brian, Holy Grail, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Up In Smoke

absolutely genre-defining films all within a few years of each other

yeah and then airplane! right after in 1980. drat.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Thinking about buying an ultrasonic cleaner so I don't have to gently caress around with my bike chains after a ride

how muddy are the rides you're going on. that sounds like a lot more loving around than wiping it off with a clean rag

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i use them to clean my glasses

also theoretically they might resurface your potatoes for better fries but i'm skeptical without direct side-by-sides

Apr 7, 2003

Ansible Adams posted:

how muddy are the rides you're going on. that sounds like a lot more loving around than wiping it off with a clean rag

I do rail-to-trail riding, particularly the Great Allegheny Passage, starts out paved and gets muddy and rutted real quick.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

smdh granny lubing, not hot waxing like you should

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I was given a soldering iron like this as a child (maybe 10?) and it didn't even come with a rest.

idk how I didn't burn the house down

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol. same here. thanks, dad.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

PCjr sidecar posted:

smdh granny lubing, not hot waxing like you should
waxing seems like a tremendous pita but honestly if i was on gravel and trails as much as that i’d consider it

Apr 7, 2003

A year ago today

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

how’d that work out in the end anyway?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
like all wars the us gets into, it'll be around forever :xd:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

fart simpson posted:

how’d that work out in the end anyway?

every college town in the country had their rates explode once the kids came back from spring break

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it looks like i'll be eligible to get jabbed in VA or MD before i'll be able to in DC, which is good

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

getting first pfizer jab this afternoon

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The Fool posted:

Nice! We got the first Moderna jab last night because my wife's friend at Walgreen's had two surplus doses because of a cancellation.
My arm is sore.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Ironically enough thanks to gyms staying closed so long I’m still fat enough to qualify for the vaccine in Oregon on May 1st instead of June 1st.

That’s the Biden admin’s “everyone is eligible now!!” day so I don’t expect any sort of scheduling system to survive the onslaught.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Apple CEO Tim Cook is eager for employees to return to the office following the pandemic and in an interview with People, he said he anticipates Apple implementing a "hybrid environment" to return to in-person work.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

Apple CEO Tim Cook is eager for employees to return to the office following the pandemic and in an interview with People, he said he anticipates Apple implementing a "hybrid environment" to return to in-person work.

"hybrid environment" means your managers stay home but you need to go in for "collaborative synergistics."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Honestly, in 2021 buying from Harbor Freight is probably better than buying from the plethora of all-caps weird brand names on Amazon that disappear after a week.

Harbor Freight has a sub-brand of impact sockets and such called Pittsburgh.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

post/username

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

it gets better if it's prop comedy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Guy I know just keeps posting on Facebook about drinking at the bar because while all the bars in the City are closed, the ferries to Sweden leave four times a day and all have several bars and pubs on them.

That's not the problem per se (although it should be). The problem is the reason he's on the ferries all the time: he's a god drat lorry driver.

Apr 7, 2003

We just drove out to pick something up and at 5:00 PM every Olive Garden, Chili's, Applebee's, etc parking lot was full. During a pandemic.

I can handle the closings and restrictions, what really has my brain hosed up is that this is what people are willing to put their lives on the line for. lovely microwaved chain restaurant food.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

The Fool posted:

same, but this morning

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the restaurant across the street is always packed now. restaurant workers still aren't eligible for the vaccine here until the end of the month

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i know we all saw this coming from miles away but it's still extremely disappointing to see it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

We just drove out to pick something up and at 5:00 PM every Olive Garden, Chili's, Applebee's, etc parking lot was full. During a pandemic.

I can handle the closings and restrictions, what really has my brain hosed up is that this is what people are willing to put their lives on the line for. lovely microwaved chain restaurant food.

seriously. its the same here and i can't fathom risking death for unlimited breadsticks and saltless overboiled pasta

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

mass is going from a mandatory two week quarantine to basically fully open to everyone next monday. they will still advise you quarantine, but i think most people are going to just ignore it entirely and it'll be more or less back to normal traffic within a month. cases are still pretty high regionally. seems like a bad idea to me

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Yeah it's wild, the applebees, red robins, etc are always packed when I drive by them. I don't quite understand why it's worth dying for a mediocre $10 burger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Broken Machine posted:

mass is going from a mandatory two week quarantine to basically fully open to everyone next monday. they will still advise you quarantine, but i think most people are going to just ignore it entirely and it'll be more or less back to normal traffic within a month. cases are still pretty high regionally. seems like a bad idea to me

Churches around here were pretty weird too. Half of them were still doing services with packed lots, and the other half had giant signs telling their congregation they were doing virtual service.

I saw a sikh temple with a packed lot too so it's not just limited to churches.