Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I had to drive to the office today and reboot the desktop PC I remote into because it wasn't connecting and it's faster than waiting for desktop support.

It was pretty eerie.

this cyberpunk future sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
honestly if there was a place I ate at often enough that did a promo like that I’d definitely get a small one as some filler. 20% or more only

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Captain Foo posted:

it’s cheap to drink if you get free booze

date a bartender (pre Covid obv).

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Jonny 290 posted:

Even better, they're all internet linked with ~aN aPp~ , and some of them are not geofenced, so you can do poo poo like this:

https://twitter.com/HenpeckedHal/status/1206745619030659073

I did this all the time to my wife when she was a bartender and it is hilarious every time

But it would be like kylie minogue or nickelback or something on repeat

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I stayed at a place in japan that had what I can only describe as 'shower room' that was like sauna/shower/giant bathub in one. The toilet was in a separate room to discourage drain making GBS threads i suppose

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Yeah but in the apartment. None of us would have been allowed into a public one.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I think I only really drank coffee when I started "real work" and it was a good way of legitimately skiving off by going to gently caress around with the coffee machine. before then with jobs I could just go gently caress off down into the loading bay or "go and get some tools" but that doesn't fly in an office

I have literally no idea how I managed to complete a masters degree without coffee though.

I was a casual coffee drinker with lots of milk and sugar until my dumbass joined the navy and worked 16+ hour days. I got into drinking black coffee regardless of the quality because we ran out of sugar on our last underway and it stuck. I can drink the nastiest gas station coffee and be like that’s a drat fine cup of joe

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

holy poo poo there were a ton of those when they agreed to ban them

lol bayou blast

swamps stink like rotting poo poo

I’m snakeeyes scotch

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Uptime Sinclair posted:

no anime in the covid/wfh thread!!

watched through most of the last air bender live action movie and it is rough. they crammed 3 seasons of poo poo into expository dialogue. just an awful awful time

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

as a louisianian i have Hot Sauce Opinions (anything above habanero is flavorless jokesauce) but i can't really eat it anymore because it fights its way out of my body

this is the worst way to realize you’re getting old. I love all the hot sauces but fighting its way out is an apt description

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

haveblue posted:

cheese log, cheese log, cylindrical and yellow
pack a cheese log and I'm a happy fellow

holy wow I didn't know anyone else had ever heard of this album. This was my favorite and I tried to get my wife to listen to it and she told me it was trash and not funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UsqmiA0zoI

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
when I was in the navy we had a huge budget to fill so we bought 100 aerons and most of them just sat in an empty room till they got sent to DRMO (defense reutilization materials office?) where they resell the poo poo in like an auction I think. I wish I would have snagged one but I was a poor sailor.

I did contemplate taking one apart and smuggling it out in pieces but was real chickenshit back then. still am in fact

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

The Fool posted:

instead of working today i am constantly refreshing gmail waiting for a response from prospective new employer on my counter-offer

this is a response to the dril tweet about loving on gmail

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1321579472978468865?s=20

Fart Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 29, 2020

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I worked on a dod site with a bunch of old navy chuds that drove off a gay coworker with their repeated homophobic jokes. those assholes reported me to hr for laughing at those gently caress off, Jesus pictures for being insensitive to religions lmao

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

holy poo poo lmbo

i was expecting "oh that's our ~simulated phishing attack~" not "oh yeah this is for reals" lol

man where did the rest of those jesus cartoons go

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/FoEoF

enjoy

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I found my voter ID card today and my precinct is 219 whatuuuuuup :madmax:

not that I’d bother voting in person anyway

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I get recruiter spam every now and then that looks promising but I have a sweet gig right now so I don't bother. It's nice to be wanted tho :kiddo:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I like Trader Joe’s because there is one nearby, and lately Publix has sucked and everything else is overpriced or wal mart.

I had to quit going to Trader Joe’s because there was always a line around the drat store and people were getting real wild with it like taking off their masks once they got in and the stores can be real small and crowded.

then I buy a buncha groceries but I’m a new dad and way too tired to cook so I just eat some raw carrots and hummus and yeah I’ve lost like 20 lbs in the pandemic why do you ask

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

get snipped for your kids first birthday

I got snipped when mine was one month old. not a smart move when my partner was recovering from a c- section and we have stairs. just both of us struggling around the house and having trouble lifting baby.

worth it tho

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
our players' brains are mush because of banging their heads together for decades, let's ruin their lungs while we're at it

i'm just imagining a future now like in interstellar where sports teams are small time again except its because all the top tier athletes end up getting their lungs shredded by da virus and no one wants to pay to watch some weak amateurs try to kill each other

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

NoneMoreNegative posted:

You Gained BroSun

dark souls gettin real weird

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
a few years back I was fresh off a divorce (10 years with that horrible woman... yikes) and had an appt to get a vasectomy because I never wanted kids, but then I met an amazing person who suggested maybe I hold off. now I’m married again with a beautiful kid.

sometimes life just be that way, but I definitely wouldn’t have planned a kid during pandemic times. mine was born in the early lockdown days and let me just recommend not doing that

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

That's old white people everywhere, my trips to gulf coast florida have been eye-opening. happy hours on Anna Maria Island run from 2-4 PM and everyone's poo poo faced every single day. It really is something.

I lived on the panhandle for too many years and all there is to do is go drink so everyone is an alcoholic and every event is centered around drinks of some kind. I fell into it for a while and when I moved away it was like oh wow what a bunch of degenerate alcoholics

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

haveblue posted:

it's time to say weed, on the weed page

weed

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
the church in Mississippi I went to as a kid turned itself into a mega church lately. we used to say six flags over Jesus about the other now-megachurch in town

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

mediaphage posted:

it's really this; stained glass and soaring architecture is loving expensive

the justification is those sinful unchristian Catholics are idolatrous with all their art and architecture, this cheapass warehouse lets us get closer to gawd

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

mediaphage posted:

nah i used to go to a baptist church as a kid that had glorious windows. i’m not saying you’re wrong but it’s ex post facto justification to cover being tightwads

my southern Baptist church started with the nice 100 year old architecture, but in like 2002 they were growing too fast and built a massive “campus” with multiple buildings and expanded to satellite locations so they have presence in like 3 cities as if they were a Fuckin fast food chain.

they’re awful

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
post ur pic I bet I’m in better shape

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I put so much paprika powder in my pea soup it turned brown. Very good though (I also added other spices).

it look like a megadoodoo?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Kazinsal posted:

drinking just made me fat and depressed so I switched to weed

highly recommend wherever possible

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I like a good genmaicha and the second mug on one bag is always the best

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
spent all week chasing an issue with an ibm product where every google search leads to a broken page, ibm links to their own website are broken, and while their documentation is pretty decent, there was almost no troubleshooting or anything. I think I finally fixed it, where my investigation lead me to a reddit post, which linked a guy on youtube, which lead me to try something i havent before, which caused me to notice something interesting, so i googled that, and finally found a fix because of some license issue that was resolved with a very long command that i didn't even read, just slap that bitch in the ssh window and pray.

gently caress i hate my job sometimes

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
when I got married we did a co-bachelor/bachelorette party and just rented a house, invited all our friends, and bar crawled till we went back and crashed in the many beds and couches. the real big party was the hipster wedding in Brooklyn so we didn’t put too much effort in the pregame

and none of my friends have gotten married so I haven’t even been to any others

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

making boba at home is fun easy and tasty

i've got it alllllmost right. it's much easier to buy the boba pearls from a local place and cook them but it's so fun to play with while making it so i keep fuckin trying!

Also gently caress ron desantis and gently caress florida that dipshit said they won't be providing a detailed vaccine rollout plan, giving big "forgot to do my research paper" vibes and literally nothing bad will happen to him and his dipshit gently caress cronies.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
fat southerners love the buffet and that was a staple of growing up. I haven’t been to a buffet since I stopped drinking heavily and the hangovers don’t need to be nursed with greasy food.

I did love breakfast buffets at hotels tho but COVID pretty much nuked any idea of a buffet ever again. just people touchin all the handles and sneezing in the food ugh

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I’m glad I never fell into the yard machismo poo poo. I have always hated lawn maintenance and I always will. instead I stimulate the local economy and pay some people to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
what about the changes in schedules Fuckin with kids and pets because they sure as poo poo don’t know the time changed and get mega confused when things are happening at slightly different times while we all adjust. it’s so stupid and I’m Fuckin sleepy!