Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

Shifty Nipples posted:

Yeah that is pretty accurate for me too.

Hope you get well soon SweetWillyRollbar

A few things got pushed to next week, so my day has improved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

Maybe you can at least schedule a phone call or something? Just to talk how's it going and if there is time, a little help in these times can change a lot

We don't have universal medical coverage.

xcheopis

Saturdays are housework days and I was puttering about doing chores when I noticed pain and stiffness in my right foot. I put it down to not-great sandals at first but then noticed a large bruise across the top of the foot! wtf!?
I eventually had a vague memory of dropping something quite heavy on that foot Friday but it seemed ok in the moment.
That's how weird everything is for me right now. Not remembering dropping heavy objects on my feet less than 24 hours later.
Foot still stiff and bruised but improving. Cat cooperating by taking my shoulder hostage, instead.

xcheopis

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Feeling a lot better today but went to the doctor just to be safe and got some meds.

Yes! That's great news!

xcheopis

Complaint!
God drat, I am so tired.
Yay, I'm helping.

xcheopis

Aw, geez PSP. I'm so sorry.

xcheopis

But we didn't have those things. :(

xcheopis

Our local government is doing pretty well; my job is related to healthcare for the homeless (and other vulnerable people), so I'm familiar with a lot of the work being done.
(Also very stressed and on edge, working on ways to deal with that!)

I am angry that our federal government (and sooo many state/local ones) are being actively malicious.

It's quite nice to hear about things going well!

xcheopis

Rather a sweet way to be remembered:
"It's that nice white lady! With the masks!"

xcheopis

google THIS posted:

Nobody cared who I was until I started handing out the masks.

So true.

xcheopis

:sigh:
I comfort myself with the knowledge that at least our management absolutely has our back on safety and time off to destress.
But, yeah. :sympathy: from a non-hugging person.

xcheopis

HUSKY DILF posted:

I just got done doing a trach/PEG on a COVID patient which isn’t exactly a big deal but my allergies are making me want to rip my eyeballs out because they continually weep and itch and I’m going to give myself it for sure

also I got into a screaming match with my boss because I’m leaving my current job and he is resentful that I want a couple of days off to move to my new house and help out my 27 week pregnant wife with my two kids while me move, while he takes two weeks of vacation and mine got wiped out by the pandemic

My housemate's boss is cutting hours because he just has to get his third vacation home redecorated. Very important!

xcheopis

Kief Richards posted:

i almost ragequit today

i am not busting my rear end with cut hours AGAIN doing twice the workload in half the time for less money anymore, i cannot loving do that in normal times and i cannot loving do that in a pandemic anymore.

Come to California and I will buy you high cbd gummies.

xcheopis

I'm sorry, GaG.
We need a PPE-hug smilie.

xcheopis

Protests in my area start early this afternoon, so I am being ordered home, effective as soon as I finish this task for my boss.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

xcheopis

owlhawk911 posted:

hell yeah on both fronts

to GaG, i realize this is a lot easier to say than do but try to focus on the connection that all those people trying to get ahold of you implies rather than the isolation of their not being able to be physically present. they're still out there and they still care about you as much as ever and are using the tools they have to show it. that means a lot

Looking at the bus "real time predictions" and it's a sea of red cancellation notices for the afternoon. Did get all my shopping done, which is a relief.

xcheopis

Kief Richards posted:

It's poppin off here

Protests?

xcheopis

Goon livestream in Oakland
https://m.twitch.tv/whiskytangomedia

xcheopis

Nope!

xcheopis

We do need it, though. Nothing else has worked.

xcheopis

:sigh:
Sorry.

xcheopis

Best After-School Special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Working today.