Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Kibbles n Shits posted:

People who drive for UberDoorInstantGrubMates will see a nice bump for a few months.

Yeah, about that - remember that the people preparing your food (and the drivers themselves) don’t get paid if they call out sick so ordering food you aren’t preparing yourself might not be the best idea.

On the other hand, Amazon and grocery delivery services are going to loving clean house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Dave Concepcion posted:

stocks are getting kinda reasonbly priced

time to buy!

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Oh and by the way, "I'm already a shut-in so my lifestyle is now validated" is not a nice thing to say about Coronavirus, because nothing has changed for you.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Lucavi posted:

I can play the new Animal Crossings all day

(also the americans dying :kiss:)

don't be racist, after all you're an american too!

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

No longer need to buy toilet paper.

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...

maker posted:

Reduced CO2 emissions : )

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

economically it's hard to make any kind of serious case for keeping the boomers alive- retirees that live forever are a black hole. this is just nature making the tough decisions so we don't have to :unsmith:

Lovely Primate
Jan 21, 2011

lots of extremely funny corona-the-beer related humor. I'm probably gonna die from laughing before the virus even gets to me

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

by the time it's over we'll realize that epidemics are the only way to meet our climate goals and the only way to save humanity is smallpox

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain
If I'm working from home for the next ? months I'm sure I'll be spending lots more time at the local dive bar.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

They keep cancelling scoring hours because of the virus. Less time reading awful essays that im "encouraged" to score higher than is deserved.

meat no potatoes
Aug 9, 2019
I don't have to wonder how governments will handle slowly creeping menaces like climate change!

My recent vasectomy is becoming wiser by the day!

My stockpile of junk food and booze, although rapidly diminishing, feels loving awesome!

I'm sure I'll use the imminent lockdown as an opportunity to do lots of pushups and develop a six pack!

All my high school bullies will attend sports this weekend and finally get their comeuppance!

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Im going to a punk show tonight and I am going to drink, smoke, and touch everything i see. I think its a nice virus and i want to hug it.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Now every day is pants-free-Friday

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

It has a chance to lead to actual changes in the United States' piss poor social safety nets since roughly half the country will probably be infected before this is all over.

Also famous germaphobe and pillar of health Donald Trump probably has it, which should lead to some hilarious results.

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

meat no potatoes posted:

All my high school bullies will attend sports this weekend and finally get their comeuppance!

All sports are cancelled but they are probably off doing sex somewhere rn furthering the spread.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

A Fancy Hat posted:

It has a chance to lead to actual changes in the United States' piss poor social safety nets since roughly half the country will probably be infected before this is all over.

Also famous germaphobe and pillar of health Donald Trump probably has it, which should lead to some hilarious results.

Heres hoping it runs rampant through congress (but leaves Bernie untouched)

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

My Shoes posted:

Im going to a punk show tonight and I am going to drink, smoke, and touch everything i see. I think its a nice virus and i want to hug it.

So you're saying punk is not dead.... yet

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

It is spread through respiratory secretions so you can sex all you want. Just wear a mask and no kissing. Best kind of sex!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

my proficiency in loogie procurement is finally justified.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

poverty goat posted:

Wanna come to the show w me? ill bring you a tetrapak of wine that i licked.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

At least beans are a healthy food.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

My Shoes posted:

im going to a folk show at a dive bar on sunday with my crush

im going to spend too much money on overpriced PBR

maybe get to 1st or even 1st and a half base

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

numberoneposter posted:

im going to a folk show at a dive bar on sunday with my crush

im going to spend too much money on overpriced PBR

maybe get to 1st or even 1st and a half base

You should bike there - guaranteed at least second base if she is cool.

also.. how do you overprice PBR? What is it 2 dollars a can?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Able-bodied people finally have to live like the disabled, making decisions based on what truly has the most value and what is actually NEEDED, truly needed vs what is just a desire.

This is how the disabled live everyday. This ruthless budgeting of energy, time, and accessibility. Welcome to the party. Maybe now you'll listen to us a little more.

It's forcing people to realize that certain things we considered valuable are not really, and that everything can be changed, moved, or accommodated if need be. Previous inflexibility is being cowed into social flexibility, by fear.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Able-bodied people finally have to live like the disabled, making decisions based on what truly has the most value and what is actually NEEDED, truly needed vs what is just a desire.

This is how the disabled live everyday. This ruthless budgeting of energy, time, and accessibility. Welcome to the party. Maybe now you'll listen to us a little more.

It's forcing people to realize that certain things we considered valuable are not really, and that everything can be changed, moved, or accommodated if need be. Previous inflexibility is being cowed into social flexibility, by fear.

i remain inflexible

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/vhmichel/status/1238159424180674561

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Came here to post this

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
sexy bodied and proud

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Honestly it feels like history has started up again. Since 2001 (9/11 + wars) it feels like nothing of any significance on a historical scale occurred in the United States. Nineteen years of worthless garbage barely worth a wikipedia article. We were just sitting around in fugue, not getting anything done, wiling away time with petty squabbles and gossip.

Now it feels like poo poo is happening again. Like we're being jolted out of an existential malaise. I'm excited tbh.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Old men and their flexibility has allowed us to make progress on the mythical city on the hill.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
now i'll have an excuse to finally eat all that tinned food I've had gathering in my kitchen cupboard.

thanks coronavirus!

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
With any luck it will kill me.

Pman5000
Feb 4, 2003

"You're so fuckin' money and you don't even know it"

poverty goat posted:

Punk is at risk and probably should avoid group gatherings.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Pman5000 posted:

Punk is at risk and probably should avoid group gatherings.

that would be very unpunk

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Not one epidemic since the 1918 flu came even close to match it in infection rate but drat if scrappy lil' Coronavirus isn't giving its very best!

COVID-19 the little pathogen who could.
:zpatriot:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

My Shoes posted:

You should bike there - guaranteed at least second base if she is cool.

also.. how do you overprice PBR? What is it 2 dollars a can?
its the most expensive dive bar in town

i sent her a message that we should meet before for pre drinks cause i hate giving bars more money than i have to

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

numberoneposter posted:

expensive dive bar

seems like an oxymoron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Spreading disease to boomers is the ultimate expression of the crust punk ethos.