Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Lets list weird things these idiots do: aside from obviously their day jobs.

- The Hart family calling WCW "The WCW" at every loving turn
- The Hart family
- Sting talking about turning someone straight (???)
- Sting's first fuckin words after winning the title as The Crow

Add more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

teddy hart.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

making GBS threads in things as a goof.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

All ribs wrestlers do are loving insane. There was a story years ago about an arena being renovated or something, and workers found Billy Kidman's gear bag, which some wrestler in WCW hid as a goof.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Dustin and Greg, but I think they're just weird dudes entirely independently of wrestling.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Harts loving cats and piss

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGu4Rs2jfwU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Endless Mike posted:

Harts loving cats and piss

They're OBSESSED

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Davros1 posted:

All ribs wrestlers do are loving insane. There was a story years ago about an arena being renovated or something, and workers found Billy Kidman's gear bag, which some wrestler in WCW hid as a goof.

So, so many ribs involving pretending to shoot each other with guns.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Diesel’s post-title win celebration always stuck out to me https://youtu.be/6AFvk3StVWQ

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerry's magnificent comeback here still kills me every time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYP1Y93xsbE

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1238575894865862665

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Jerry's magnificent comeback here still kills me every time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYP1Y93xsbE

legit one of the most memorable moments of all time. which probably isn't saying much but god that clip rules.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Huntman posted:

legit one of the most memorable moments of all time. which probably isn't saying much but god that clip rules.

Happy for the folks in the crowd going "oooooohhh" and are, apparently, hearing their first joke ever

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Cena's hair

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

TriffTshngo posted:

Dustin and Greg, but I think they're just weird dudes entirely independently of wrestling.

It's weird that out of the combo of Chuck Tayler, Trent?, and Orange Cassidy it turns out that Trent? is by far the weirdest dude irl and it isn't close

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ICHIBAHN posted:

They're OBSESSED

I mean, cats are pretty great. Piss not so much.

Empty Performance Center matches are pretty weird.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ultramantis Black has a weird cartoon gimmick and manages to be even weirder than that in real life. He's just the best. Most other wrestlers are just nerds, which is still preferable to yesteryear when they were all failed jocks who did nothing but piss and poo poo on each other.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Huntman posted:

https://youtu.be/-abUtRbUS_U

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Huntman posted:

HA this was the same raw where road dogg failed to catch cody

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like calling it 'the wcw' too

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I feel like it's probably already been mentioned a few times on the forums, but the Wrestlesplania podcast episode with Trent was a fascinating listen. Dude just has no idea how the world works it seems? But... it's endearing rather than exhausting?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

ICHIBAHN posted:

- The Hart family

CM Punk on commentary posted:

I don't have the words to explain exactly how crazy most of the Harts are. I have a theory about the house being built on maybe an ancient Indian burial ground, or maybe some sort of radioactive meteorite.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The predilection that every male wrestler HAS to wet their hair or douse it in oil has always amazed me.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

super macho dude posted:

The predilection that every male wrestler HAS to wet their hair or douse it in oil has always amazed me.

Tetsuya 2 Belts would like a word

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

hunnert car pileup posted:

You're right. I should have clarified that it seems to be more of a Western phenomenon.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
there's a shoot where lance storm is telling stories about ribs in the calgary territory. he said two guys wanted to make another guy crack on the 12 hour car rides through the Canadian wilderness, so they would fake having an argument, pull over, smash a bottle, dive onto each other and one guy would get color

on the same shoot cornette talks about dynamite kid randomly gimmicking people's drinks in the car, including the driver. loving insane carnies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlx76h60qgc&t=153s

all the stories are great

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
trent baretta goes to the grocery store every single day

I wonder how he’s coping right now

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

hunnert car pileup posted:

nothing about naito's hair should be emulated

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

trent baretta goes to the grocery store every single day

I wonder how he’s coping right now

I actually do this too.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

John Dudebro posted:

yeah it should serve as a cautionary tale

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's weird that out of the combo of Chuck Tayler, Trent?, and Orange Cassidy it turns out that Trent? is by far the weirdest dude irl and it isn't close

Trent wets the TP in the toilet bowl water then wipes by putting his arm through the front of his legs

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Everything Kota Ibushi does.

Including but not limited to: getting lost between baggage pickup at the airport and the exit, and not knowing who Vince McMahon is.

Shine on you very beautiful, very stupid, and very weird diamond.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

John Dudebro posted:

You don't have that many options with a hairline that tragic, man. It's a problem solving measure.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

John Dudebro posted:

nothing about naito should be emulated

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Wrap it up (into a man bun)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

the escape goat posted:

I feel like it's probably already been mentioned a few times on the forums, but the Wrestlesplania podcast episode with Trent was a fascinating listen. Dude just has no idea how the world works it seems? But... it's endearing rather than exhausting?

Trent? goes to the grocery store literally every single day and is straight up baffled that others don't follow his example. When others simply stated that they go once a week or every other week he looked at them like they were crazy for such hubris. When asked why he does this he explained "look man if you don't go to the grocery store every day then you're not at the grocery store" and this was his final word on the subject.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I go to the grocery store almost every day, mostly because it's good exercise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
This was weird

https://streamable.com/2pyb4