Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

xopods posted:

I don't see any difference between them and his earlier posts. He seems like a Townie who lost interest in the game on D2 when he decided he was for sure getting lunched, except then he wasn't and now he can't motivate himself to get back on the horse.

Dude reading this was EERY because this is *precisely* how I feel but I’m trying to engage because I’m a poo poo townie if y’all kept me alive only for me to sorta drift around.

Because of this, I think we should lunch flerp today. His posting this game has been very snipe-y, very drive-by like, very forgettable. He’s also been pushing for me since I claimed but like someone mentioned seems to have NO conviction behind it other than “this is a safe opinion to hold.”

Scum ##vote flerp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Monathin posted:

Ehhh alright, I felt that was weird but I'm not gonna push on it.

I'll ##vote flerp for now since I still feel weird about them and continue to feel weird about their constant driveby and only showing up when Ic case them, even poorly.

this literally happened one time in this game because it just so happened that i woke up in the middle of the night and couldnt fall asleep so i decided to check the thread, which also seems like the case where everyone gets active in this game while im asleep since i just woke up to like 20+ posts while the game was p quiet throughout the day

and again, youre just working backwards from the conclusion of flerp scum

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

xopods posted:

I think Mona's making too little sense to be Scum.

what the hell is this post

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

speak of the devil

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
sry for waking up

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Flerp I forgive you I also woke up extremely recently

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

flerp posted:

what the hell is this post

What I mean is that the Mona/Infi argument seems like a Town slapfight to me. Mona's thoughts seem incoherent but also like he believes what he's saying. IMO sincere gibberish is harder to fake than insincere logic.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

xopods posted:

Having re-read both of them, I think I'd rather vote flerp than slord.

(1) Questionable call-out of Grandi very early in the game. Grandi hadn't voted anyone yet but he had been commenting on cases and it was still early enough to be entirely reasonable for him not to have reads of his own yet.

not at all what i was doing, i voted him because he was very active doing theory gametalk, but when it got to scum hunt time, he was absent. i didnt rly think he was scum, but i wanted to put some pressure on him so he would post and get him to post on who he thought was scum

quote:

(2) Seemed a bit self-conscious about unvoting. Also had hopped on and off Squiggly very quickly earlier in D1.

i dont rly know how this is self-conscious and i said what i thought squiggly d1, thought his posting was fake involvement early on in d1, but then his later posts felt substantial and genuine later on in d1.

quote:

(3) Made his only effort post for most of the game in order to vote Sandwolf and has subsequently claimed to still have this opinion of Sand's alignment, but hasn't pushed very hard for it or tried to establish other reads despite the fact that there are still a dozen players and probably 4 Scum in the game.

i dont like to theory craft around who the entire scum team is because im incredibly dumb and never right, so i rather stay focused on one person vs trying to peg everyone all at the same time. im not a mafia superstar. i think wolf is scum, i know there are other scums around, but i could also be wrong, and id rather (ideally) get my lunch, see wolf flip scum, and then use that info to then try to peg new scum. thats just how i play

quote:

(4) Finally makes a second effort post, but only once his name's being mentioned as possible Scum.

bro can i just post w/o it being every time "flerp is posting because someone talked about him!!!!" like man this is so stupid and you dont even engage w/ my idea u just say "well, he made an effort post because he had to" like gently caress off bro. hell, this isnt even ACCURATE because i made a post 3 minutes after u talked about me a bit. the only other post that might possibly mention me being scum is wolf vague posting about "hrm maybe we should lunch a lurker" and then i (ME!!!!) made a post about how that's a setup for him to vote me but i asked him about who he meant by that. like, the two people who mentioned me being scum d3 was you in vague, uncertain terms and then MYSELF, and then my post about mona came later passed that. the idea that this post was born out of some need to fake engagement because pressure was on me is not founded on what actually happened in this game.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm starting to get bothered by the fact xopods keeps calling me incoherent when "if I flip town, who is scum who has been clamouring for my head" is AN ENTIRELY loving REASONABLE ARGUMENT TO PRESENT

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Like legitimately what the gently caress, I have never had this much trouble with that argument and now I'm starting to feel like I'm losing my loving mind

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Someone call me incoherent one more loving time, I loving dare y'all at this point

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
tbf ur the best vote on me (altho it still sucks)

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Monathin I'm not sure what your point is you're rambling incoherently

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

god gently caress it

##vote xopods

you have been undermining me all game but somehow when our interests actually align you are more than willing to let me take all the heat for this bullshit

you've been leading town to wrong lunch after wrong lunch and YES FINE THIS IS PARANOIA BUT gently caress IT

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
If you flip town, some of the people clamoring for your head MAY be scum

But it's most likely not everyone that finds you scummy, which seems to be the tact you're taking

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

xopods slord sandwolf inf

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Can we instead vote for Jen, the scum that got away yesterday?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Squiggly posted:

If you flip town, some of the people clamoring for your head MAY be scum

But it's most likely not everyone that finds you scummy, which seems to be the tact you're taking

that is LITERALLY why i asked inf who might be scum on my push and he refused to engage

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Amnistar posted:

Can we instead vote for Jen, the scum that got away yesterday?

?????

what is even the case on jen

also hi amni glad of you to join us

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Squiggly posted:

Oh no the people who I think are scummy are now calling me scummy

What a surprise

See: this post I made earlier

It doesn't mean they're scum. It's a natural reaction but not a particularly good or substantive argument

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Monathin posted:

?????

what is even the case on jen

also hi amni glad of you to join us

I've been playing animal crossing. Sorry.

Give me a second to go find the posts on Jen.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I mean inf's case is also based on the fact that 1) i scumslipped and 2) my meltdowns have been fake, neither of which are true, but I'm ~~~~~~~~~incoherent~~~~~~~~

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Monathin posted:

I don't think Jen or flerp is happening today, but maybe tomorrow.

Found this during my reread...why am I having to explain the Jen case when you seemed onboard yesterday?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
If I'm gonna be real I've kinda tuned out monathin and flerp arguments as white noise because nothing gut wise has made them seem like scum

I'll give a re read but it seems clear that sandwolf is just coasting because you all are going to let him. Hasn't contributed any meaningful opinions and is actively just looking to bandwagon someone else

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Amnistar posted:

Found this during my reread...why am I having to explain the Jen case when you seemed onboard yesterday?

That was more a retaliation of you trying to start a lunch at the 11th hour, tbh

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Monathin posted:

I mean inf's case is also based on the fact that 1) i scumslipped and 2) my meltdowns have been fake, neither of which are true, but I'm ~~~~~~~~~incoherent~~~~~~~~

I dunno about point 2 because I've largely ignored all of your posts

But point 1 is loving stupid and I'm not lynching you based off of that especially when we have scumwolf actively scum slipping

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Monathin posted:

That was more a retaliation of you trying to start a lunch at the 11th hour, tbh

I wasn't even voting Jen at that point!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah I can work with that

##vote Sandwolf

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Squiggly posted:

If I'm gonna be real I've kinda tuned out monathin and flerp arguments as white noise because nothing gut wise has made them seem like scum

I'll give a re read but it seems clear that sandwolf is just coasting because you all are going to let him. Hasn't contributed any meaningful opinions and is actively just looking to bandwagon someone else

i literally gave wolf the perfect oppurtunity to vote (or at a minimum, case) me but then he decided to wait for some other people to make the case so he could jump onto it

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Blegh, no not gonna get into this. I dont see mona as scum, arguing over pedantic things is gonna sidetrack me.

Okay, Jen's post count is higher than many, but contributions are low.

When they became a viable target for the cuddle yesterday, suddenly activity dropped.

Nightkill was one of the predominant town voices leading the thread, towards a Jen cuddle.

Vote Jen.

Vote scum.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The way he tried to foist knowledge away from the whole bit of me saying spell drain still sticks in my goddamn craw

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Amni how do you feel about sandwolf

Make my dreams a reality

Kill scum 2020

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Monathin posted:

The way he tried to foist knowledge away from the whole bit of me saying spell drain still sticks in my goddamn craw

I cant see scum claiming that as a role when the next night we would all be forced to draw and the power could be used again for optimum effect.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Amnistar posted:

I cant see scum claiming that as a role when the next night we would all be forced to draw and the power could be used again for optimum effect.

Please go back and read slord quoting me to ask sandwolf a question and the resulting fuckup on Sandwolf's part, tia

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I saw that. And I was confused because we talked about it day 1, and sandwolf had cleared it up that he didnt get the spells that were drained.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah but he notably flipflopped on whether he drained or not and thought I got hit by a spell-stealing thing where I didn't

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Monathin posted:

Yeah but he notably flipflopped on whether he drained or not and thought I got hit by a spell-stealing thing where I didn't

Okay...either I missed that or didnt read it that way, let me go reread.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Monathin posted:

I'm starting to get bothered by the fact xopods keeps calling me incoherent when "if I flip town, who is scum who has been clamouring for my head" is AN ENTIRELY loving REASONABLE ARGUMENT TO PRESENT

It's not that one specific point I'm talking about. That's one of the few things you've said that I follow. But you do these bursts of manic short posts that all refer back to other things you've said as if everyone's keeping track of what you think about everything, in a game that still has 11 other people in it... despite interacting with you a lot I find it hard to remember what it is you believe because you're jumping around a lot. Not flip-flopping on issues but moving from one to another and back.

Which gives me the sense of a worked-up Townie since if Scum are going to say anything at all, they're going to make an effort to make sure their "thought" process makes sense and that everyone can follow it so they don't have to answer a lot of follow-up questions.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah interesting i thought someone had accused me of stealing spells, I can’t steal spells, I can just block anyone from drawing them. So it sounds like maybe someone targeted Mona for a spell steal.

Is this the scum slip? I'm not seeing what you are saying happened mona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If I seem manic it's because I've legit given up on this game in some form and am just posting whatever comes to mind in the moment because it seems like literally everyone has decided to tune me out or keeps talking about how loving incomprehensible i am

I had an entirely solid defense of why infinitum's case on me was stupid horseshit and I'm still getting the incoherency treatment, I WONDER WHY I FEEL LIKE NO ONE IS LISTENING TO ME