Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

A merry Moon-Christmas to all Sci-fi Wi-fi participants! May the season's Gonkings be with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

josh04 posted:

A merry Moon-Christmas to all Sci-fi Wi-fi participants! May the season's Gonkings be with you.

And a happy moon-year.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Drunk Darth Vader sounds like a sketch.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Yo Cease I don't wanna import drama from another subforum but you've got this all messed up

Cease to Hope posted:

moving the thread to sci-fi wi-fi is an acceptable compromise, and just retribution for josh04's incorrect opinions about the star wars prequels and reignofevil's correct opinions about the star wars prequels

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
satan rules and the prequels do not

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

josh04 posted:

Yo Cease I don't wanna import drama from another subforum but you've got this all messed up

The only thing messed up is that it's not a strong enough punishment for your wrong opinions.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
My "This is retribution for my correct ideas" T-shirt is raising questions that should already be answered by the shirt.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

CainFortea posted:

The only thing messed up is that it's not a strong enough punishment for your wrong opinions.

have you read that thread though

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

have you read that thread though

I mean, I skimmed it. Enough to know it's terrible. But nothing could be terrible enough.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
we need more threads about gandalf hanging dong, it's ridiculous that we only have one

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

we need more threads about gandalf hanging dong, it's ridiculous that we only have one

A storm is coming but the tide is turning

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Cease to Hope posted:

be the change you want to see

also make a Deus Ex thread while you're at it. someone make a Deus Ex thread.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just purchased Deus Ex off Steam after it nagging me about it being on sale for under $2 for the last ten years just to shut Steam the hell up.

Still got the disks for the original and game of the year versions.

Wonder if the SDK works on the Steam version. Made some hella fun mods for the game way back when.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Paul! I thought you were in Hong Kong!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Cease to Hope posted:

We talkin Ian McKellen, one of the cartoons, or traditional art inspired directly by the saga of Gandalf?

If I have to pic, I'm going Bakshi Gandalf.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

We talkin Ian McKellen, one of the cartoons, or traditional art inspired directly by the saga of Gandalf?

If I have to pic, I'm going Bakshi Gandalf.

whatever makes you happy

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
My google search for Big Dick Gandalf didn't get me a lot of results but I did find this.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

reignofevil posted:

My google search for Big Dick Gandalf didn't get me a lot of results but I did find this.

There are older and fouler things than Big Dick Gandalf in the deep places of the web.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
tired: big dig gandalf
wired: big dick galadriel

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Remembering that goon who made lore accurate elf dildos

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

What's up Star Chat, I just finished both Excession by Iain M Banks and Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro. Both good!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This reminds me I really oughta check if we're ever gonna do anything that has to do with the thread title.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I need to reread the Culture books. They're so good

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Culture books good.

I'm finishing up the last Terra Ignota book, I think the first one is still the best (Too Like The Lightning) but Palmer's an entertaining enough writer and it's a book series that presented a bunch of different life philosophies in a compelling way, as in I felt actually compelled to think about if I would want to live those philosophies (would I want to be a Humanist? A Utopian? I think I'd want to be a Cousin). They're also really interesting about gender and religion. Like really really interesting.

That said something that has driven me nuts and maybe somebody else more familiar with the books (and maybe Palmer's philosophy) could tell me - I can't imagine wanting to be a Mason, and I mean fair enough other people want things that I think are weird, but Masons are by far the most populous aka most popular, and I just don't see what the draw is to being a fashy debate nerd. I get that somebody wants to be that but I don't get a view of humanity where that's the plurality.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

reignofevil posted:

This reminds me I really oughta check if we're ever gonna do anything that has to do with the thread title.

Okay I asked about it, it was a test all along! And you all passed! Congratulations!

(seriously tho we might actually get the promised thread action in fall. Thank you for your patience and no I have no idea what it's gonna be!)

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I've been on the edge of my seat for so many months now.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

josh04 posted:

I've been on the edge of my seat for so many months now.

That's not how you use chairs josh. jeeze

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Hi! This is a quick announcement - we are running a game of videogame-themed forums Mafia and looking for players around various subforums!

We are a group of players that usually play down at Trad Games, but this one is being held in Games as a cross-forums event. It's a light game, aimed at new players or people who haven't played much before, and we do have a group of more experienced goons ready to help everyone get settled up and have fun. If you've ever played Werewolf, Town of Salem, or real-life Mafia, it's that... but forums-shaped. Come join us!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

the science-fiction whyance-fiction

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Science Faction

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
That just takes us back to the Culture

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The Siffy Whiffy

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A dark lord of the siffy

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

S'fey wuh'fey

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Gonk

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

RBA Starblade posted:

Science Faction

okay spielberg

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

We're running pretty low on sci-fi; how do people feel about annexing another major genre?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

josh04 posted:

We're running pretty low on sci-fi; how do people feel about annexing another major genre?

Welcome aboard, nautical adventurers!