Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

muscles like this! posted:

Just saw a commercial for a new lightsaber toy that makes Chewbacca sounds.

I don't understand the reasoning behind that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Now with dying wookie sounds built right in!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Two great tastes taste great together

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

muscles like this! posted:

Just saw a commercial for a new lightsaber toy that makes Chewbacca sounds.

Saw the same one while watching the Steven Universe finale.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Nobody has reported anyone in this subforum for the past ten days, keep it up everyone! We like to run a tight ship around here!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

istewart posted:

:eyepop:

Yes, I never ranked one of the train sets. I had a couple of badass castles and I think one of the pirate ships, but any of the Lego train stuff was just on another level. And if you want to get ahold of a monorail set now... :laffo:

Since this is general SF forum now, tho, I wanted to highlight some of my old faves from Lego's original space stuff. I feel like a lot of it is genuinely more creative than much of the licensed stuff they're cranking out these days.

This one was a lot of fun to play with. Not only did the little guy on the buggy drop out of the middle pod, the two outer pods also detached as separate ships to zoom around. A really cool toy design, especially because kid me was obsessed with how the Enterprise-D's saucer could separate.

Check this dude out, cold chillin' in his supermaneuverable spy saucer with thrusters on each corner! Romulan sunglasses commodore, eat your heart out.

I think this is one of the biggest space sets I had, and it was one of the only Lego sets I remember that was held together with magnets. I think the central saucer popped out separately, and I want to say you could actually break up all 4 quadrants into separate ships...

And then of course they had totally hog-wild poo poo like Time Cruisers. Mid-90s Lego was probably their creative golden era.

I had those two saucers and they owned hard as a child

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Time for a change of avatar

Kangra
May 7, 2012

A few weeks ago I had a dream in which a reporter was talking into a microphone and describing the sequels (it was happening off to the side in the dream). She was saying, "based on a white woman's account of her vacation..." and when I woke I was amused briefly by the thought of Rey talking about what a rough time she had at the start, then she went off and met this guru on an island, and then the last part kind of went bad.

Then it hit me that it actually made some sense, even if it was a dream.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Hey everybody we got a new icon! Well, actually it's the icon we've already had for the reports section of the website but nobody can really see it in there so I expect it's pretty new to most of you.

Also, we've had exactly 0 reports in the entire time since I've become a mod. Great posting everyone! Keep it up!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

reignofevil posted:

Hey everybody we got a new icon! Well, actually it's the icon we've already had for the reports section of the website but nobody can really see it in there so I expect it's pretty new to most of you.

Also, we've had exactly 0 reports in the entire time since I've become a mod. Great posting everyone! Keep it up!

Actually 1, but I took care of it :c00lbert:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Consider my compliment retracted then subforum! You all need to get your act together and I'm definitely not just compensating for being asleep at the switch!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's pretty unimaginative. Should've been the gonk droid.

Gonk

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

reignofevil posted:

Consider my compliment retracted then subforum! You all need to get your act together and I'm definitely not just compensating for being asleep at the switch!

Then perhaps new leadership is needed. I call for a vote of no confidence in reignofevil’s reign of evil.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Let you seat the council we shall, but grant you the rank of master we shall not.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lol what the gently caress i got all the reports

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
We have a new subforum title everyone! I think it's super duper neat and I hope everyone enjoys!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
woo!

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The Last Jockey

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

reignofevil posted:

We have a new subforum title everyone! I think it's super duper neat and I hope everyone enjoys!

Do Eurogoons pronounce it "Cee-Fee Wee-Fee"?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

A Neigh Hope

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Some Goon posted:

Do Eurogoons pronounce it "Cee-Fee Wee-Fee"?

i pronouncy it "Siffy Wiffy"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dash Rendar posted:

i pronouncy it "Siffy Wiffy"

I pronounce it "That forum where we talk about all the sex Emperor Palpatine has all the time."

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
and you're a monster for it!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It's a subforum for every strata of the forums. The elf dick historians, the sheev dick historians, the Harry Potter People. We're truly one great mixed melting pot of sticky fluid.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

thread idea im considering: pyf andrew probert concept art

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Squizzle posted:

I am extremely in favor of this

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

reignofevil posted:

lmao cushy! niiiice

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Squizzle posted:

check it:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

you can actually record whatever you want with it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Bojack Spaceman

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Lmao

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

How would y'all feel about a Sci-Fi Wi-Fi discord?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I like sci-fi.
I am ok with wi-fi! (I prefer cables)

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

VideoGames posted:

I like sci-fi.
I am ok with wi-fi! (I prefer cables)

hosed up if true

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

As a cosmic horror series, Kirby is sci-fi

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
There is a certain feeling of security that comes from having a physical ethernet cable coming out of one's computer, even if it would have been fairly impractical for me to actually do that for most setups I've had in recent years. My newest laptop doesn't even have an ethernet port. drat kids these days with their gizmos

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Angepain posted:

There is a certain feeling of security that comes from having a physical ethernet cable coming out of one's computer, even if it would have been fairly impractical for me to actually do that for most setups I've had in recent years. My newest laptop doesn't even have an ethernet port. drat kids these days with their gizmos

I've punched holes in walls to run cat5. gently caress wifi.

This sub forum is cool tho.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The Hard Sci-Fi Hardline subforum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Some Goon posted:

The Hard Sci-Fi Hardline subforum?

That'd be better. Faster shitposting rates.