Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

TheBizzness posted:

Both JWs are boring and bad but JW2 sucks real bad.

That said, I still voted Jurassic Park because I’ve only seen the original Psycho.

I'm surprised Psycho was even at the bottom since the original you could argue was the best movie in the whole bracket.

Also the bracket has Re-Animator and Reanimator. Is that intentional?

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Mar 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Someone sell me on the original Universal monster movies. I've actually never seen them (or at least not in their entirety, I'm sure I've picked up scenes here and there and they obviously have a large cultural osmosis effect going on). Do they still have any sort of impact today, or is it basically a case where they're classics so people are really valuing them for their historical import? A lot of movies I've seen from that period just have not aged well to me, even compared with some things that aren't that much more modern like a lot of Hitchcock stuff.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

I'm talking about greatness here though. Greatness is memorable, people recognize it and I think it holds a lot of weight when a franchise has multiple GREAT films. Not pretty good or even consistently good, but great.

I think the Halloween sequels all fall somewhere in that range of ok(Halloween 4)/pretty good(Halloween 2)/very good(Halloween 3) but none of them ever break through into greatness. I really can't say that any of the Halloween sequels are better than Child's Play 2, Hellbound, Dreamwarriors, or Evil Dead 2, to name a few. And when we get to the real heavy matchups of this tournament I think Halloween may end up going down because of it.

I easily put Halloween 3 above Child's Play 2 or Dreamwarriors. Although it's somewhat cheating imo since it has nothing to do with the rest of the series and/or Myers.