Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Your Personal Muse posted:

I don’t know how much more time I have because worked really picked up so I’m just going to go ahead and say this:

I’m not scum, I’m SK. I got an extra kill last night that was a silent poison on Sandy, presumably as a result of poisoning PQ. If both Sandy and Grandi are town, killing me means town loses. Only chance is for town to hope that I kill scum, and my only chance is to target scum.

You lying sack of scum. I'm the serial killer.

Sorry Grandi, I misplayed killing you and did N2 stabbing so that you would still be around D3. I didn't think it would be interrupted the way you did. My apologizes.

[b]##vote YPM[b]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Leith Maclaine posted:

You lying sack of scum. I'm the serial killer.

Sorry Grandi, I misplayed killing you and did N2 stabbing so that you would still be around D3. I didn't think it would be interrupted the way you did. My apologizes.

##vote YPM[b]

[b]##vote YPM

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

gently caress it,

##vote YPM

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

I don’t know how much more time I have because worked really picked up so I’m just going to go ahead and say this:

I’m not scum, I’m SK. I got an extra kill last night that was a silent poison on Sandy, presumably as a result of poisoning PQ. If both Sandy and Grandi are town, killing me means town loses. Only chance is for town to hope that I kill scum, and my only chance is to target scum.

Well, in light of this it's Leith or bust.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

what'd you do last night Leith

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ok, so killing the SK gives the game to scum. So a scum counterclaiming the SK makes sense here I guess.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

YPM as scum, seeing the writing on the wall, makes a gambit to get the SK to claim so that the other scum(s) can kill them at night?
I think that is where my brain is right now, that LM is the actual SK and YPM is regular scum.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I injected Grandicap. I think YPM is throwing shade about this silent poisoning Sandwolf thing.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

##unvote

we know there's an SK, [u]they honestly would probably counterclaim them at this point/[u], but regardless we do need to lunch sucm today

more suss of Leith here considering I made this post on the last page

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

more suss of Leith here considering I made this post on the last page

Missed that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:pray: god bless the baby angel that gave me a serial killer counterclaim this day

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Still, I think LM is the more likely SK here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mithross posted:

Well, in light of this it's Leith or bust.

Your timing is truly next level.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Somberbrero posted:

:pray: god bless the baby angel that gave me a serial killer counterclaim this day

if you claim SK i will post my role PM i swear to god

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##shoot sandwolf

(this is not real)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Grandicap posted:

Still, I think LM is the more likely SK here.

This is where I am as well. Leith's posting has looked more all over the place in a not caring fashion, while YPM looks more suspicious in a cautious self-preservation way, if that makes sense. Less about staying alive and more about trying to keep info close to the cuff, whereas Leith has just kinda been posting whatever in retrospect.

Who was the backup SK? I totally missed that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PQ

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Yup, Mith/YPM scum. LM SK.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

no no sorry I got confused, someone talking about prior Dark Hospital games and PQ claiming other 3P with SK interactions (he thought he was the SK target or something)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

why would YPM claim SK w/o reason, knowing SK was still out there to counterclaim, as scum? and why the -ish about poisoning me, silently, last night?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

why would YPM claim SK w/o reason, knowing SK was still out there to counterclaim, as scum? and why the -ish about poisoning me, silently, last night?

YPM was about to be the consensus lynch for today. The writing was on the wall. If he was going to go down anyway, why not go down swinging and take out the SK too?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

YPM was about to be the consensus lynch for today. The writing was on the wall. If he was going to go down anyway, why not go down swinging and take out the SK too?

fair, but why the bit about me then?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

fair, but why the bit about me then?

Makes the numbers so we lose if we were to dunk the sk today.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Somberbrero posted:

Somberbrero posted:

Right?

I still think Leith is the vote today, his play has been weird in a way I don't associate with the SK, I'm more inclined to believe YPM.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

interesting, interesting, ok, i'm convinced

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

If we are looking at a situation where there are three scum, YPM claiming SK as scum almost but ensures their victory UNLESS the SK counterclaims. The SK living into tonight would be the only thing keeping them from victory, especially if you lie about poisoning a third person. It essentially forces us to choose if we want to take a scum loss or try to hand over an SK win, which both suck as options.

The question is is there a good reason for SK YPM to claim there other than to save his skin? Outing himself ensure he's the NK, which would let him get another poison off, but that's a delayed kill. But maybe he has a one-shot night kill or something?

This is a lot of WIFOM :psyduck:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh ok. so things are back to how i expected.

##vote ypm

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

If we are looking at a situation where there are three scum, YPM claiming SK as scum almost but ensures their victory UNLESS the SK counterclaims. The SK living into tonight would be the only thing keeping them from victory, especially if you lie about poisoning a third person. It essentially forces us to choose if we want to take a scum loss or try to hand over an SK win, which both suck as options.

The question is is there a good reason for SK YPM to claim there other than to save his skin? Outing himself ensure he's the NK, which would let him get another poison off, but that's a delayed kill. But maybe he has a one-shot night kill or something?

This is a lot of WIFOM :psyduck:

If there are three scum and a sk and a survivor in this game then poo poo is hosed anyway.

One of the options if clearly better than the other.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Somberbrero posted:

This is true

##vote Leith

Under Leith’s claim, the town might not lose if you kill the sk depending on what the scum numbers are. Under my claim, you WILL lose if you lunch me. Therefore, you have to vote Leith, whether you believe me or not.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

This is true

##vote Leith

Under Leith’s claim, the town might not lose if you kill the sk depending on what the scum numbers are. Under my claim, you WILL lose if you lunch me. Therefore, you have to vote Leith, whether you believe me or not.

yah if we believe whatever bullshit you just said then I guess we're hosed

... unless 😳😳🤔... ##vote ypm

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is true

##vote Leith

ummm? citation needed.

lmao

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no seriously, if that was your plan when claiming, you seriously made a big oopsie

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah I ain't buying it

##vote YPM

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

##vote YPM

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

:redhammer:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Hammer, do not post!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

In an unexpected scenario, YPM and Leith both claimed to try to stop scum from clean sweeping yet another Dark Hospital game. "The Killing 3" got their nickname for a reason -- they were cunning, cutthroat, and most importantly, elusive.

YPM threw the cards out there on the table. "I'm Inugami, yeah, but you at least have a chance of winning if you don't lynch me. Lynch anybody else, you're hosed". Leith threw out an Inugami counterclaim, and the rest was history. YPM died, Quid would block the doctor, Sandwolf would die in the night, it all unfurled right in front of Somb, Steak, and Grandicap's eyes (who miraculously didn't die on N3)!

Your Personal Muse (Inugami), Serial Killing Injector, has been lynched D3.

Sandwolf, Amaya Koichi, Phlebotomist, town vig, has been shot in the head N3.

Somb (vanilla town), Mr. Steak (vanilla town), and Grandicap (town doctor) have been endgamed.

Quidnose (scum roleblocker), Mithross (inject-proof on non-kills scum), and Leith (scum godfather/1 time lynch/day vig BP) have swept the game!

Scum win!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Fun game to mod! Thank you guys for being mostly active. Some notes:

1. PQ was not a backup SK, he was exactly what he said he was, and sort of functioned as a town-adjacent survivor. He existed to gimp the actual SK, his own vengeful spirit. With PQ alive, the SK's kills could not go through the same night (SK was the only one to get a n0 power), and the SK couldn't kill someone the next night in a row two times in a row. Meaning if on N0 he targeted someone to die on N1, then his N1 target can only die on N3.
With PQ dead, the SK had those killing limits unleashed but he didn't get to use it on N3 since you guys lynched him! Also unbeknownst to the SK, there was one downside of killing PQ -- he was bulletproof, but with PQ's death, he lost it. You give something to gain something.

2. Infinitum was able to suss out who was vanilla or a power role basically by inferring the vanilla-chocolate flavor correctly.

3. Mithross was inject-proof unless he was doing the kill, which is exactly what happened N1.YPM targeted Mithross who was doing the kill for the scum, however, PQ redirected any action that happened to Mithross to himself and injected himself. Yikes!

4. Sandwolf would've killed YPM on D1 or D3 if he didn't shoot him D2. Yikes!

5. Town was unlucky and sort of bad, (sorry!)

6. yuming wasn't a "nonsensical kill", she was killed because she figured them all out basically.

7. If the doctor stopped any kill, he would've gotten a serum for the illness to inject anybody with it.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
uggghh. well at least i was right to basically act as if i was confirmed masons w somber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

See Grandicap, I saved you.