Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

Why was Sand making shoot requests when he was the one holding the gun :confused:

he was breadcrumbling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

he was breadcrumbling

oh come on it would have been amazing to see Quid try and spin that

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

yuming posted:

Your second point doesn't even make sense-- I didn't claim initially.

You're calling me scummy for being cagey first, and now scummy for having a VT claim to hide behind as a reason for not getting NK'ed.

My perspective in your version of "yuming as scum" is contradictory nonsense.

Which I think makes it sound like you're bending the facts here to make this vote work for you.

Read: I'm calling Sandwolf scummy for his treatment of this situation.

I'm hard inclined to agree with yuming's analysis but this was like three days ago so we'll find out if it's relevant :v:

I probably can't do my normal play by play read so I guess it's time to bust out a spreadsheet

preview edit:

Somberbrero posted:

he was breadcrumbling

That's dumb and I'm gonna be mad when I get to it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

"the guy... who made explicit references... to a vig... was the vig??? no no no, that can't be"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

oh come on it would have been amazing to see Quid try and spin that

Monathan posted:

If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Quid I think you're above your minimum required posts now so you can just hammer don't worry about it :sun:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Anyway Sandwolf now ACTIVELY coming in and baiting me into making stupid posts about this instead of rereading the thread is giving me alarm bells, back to my read~

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Because deadline is in 2 hours and you are inexplicably rehashing poo poo that has been settled.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

Because deadline is in 2 hours and you are inexplicably rehashing poo poo that has been settled.

i dunno, now that i think about it weren't you a little too abrasive when it came to just answering ypm's questions? i didn't think much about it at the time but now that i reconsider... hmmmm :thunk:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

It's not inexplicable, I explicabled it!

I've cooled on you, you are looking more frustrated town than scum to me continuing to dig into this.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

i dunno, now that i think about it weren't you a little too abrasive when it came to just answering ypm's questions? i didn't think much about it at the time but now that i reconsider... hmmmm :thunk:

the amount of speaking for and defending of YPM you have done is ASTOUNDING

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

About halfway through my reread:

-Agree with Grandi that YPM is looking more and more like he's just trying to needle Sandwolf than to actually get clarity.
-Weird vibes from PQ "trying to help Sandwolf," feels like buddying
-Somber and Sandwolf are coming across as the most sincerely interested in scumhunting and discerning intent and mindset

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

the amount of speaking for and defending of YPM you have done is ASTOUNDING

i was kidding... unless... you do seem awfully defensive here .... hmmmmmm :thunk:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah sorry that post was a mess, I was holding an ice cream cone and trying to type around it.
I think it makes more sense that they had a role cop n0 and found out hum was the cop, which is why they killed him. Scum doing that and then this weird gambit the next day doesn't add up.
The only reason to do it as a gambit is to make yuming claim a pr and they could just role cop her tonight if that's the case.

Retro Futurist posted:

Of course it's also possible there was no role cop and they just got lucky, in which case inf could be scum pulling something, which is why I'm not ruling it out yet

This is jumping out as a scummy af backwalk. Opop in two posts here completely negates the point he made. Extremely self-conscious vibes here.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mr. Steak posted:

still catching up from mid page 17, but.... one comment on yuming.

...followed by refusing to claim whether or not she's vt.

i 100% agree with whoever theorized this is a scum leaving the door open for a future action or what have you.

yes, i understand why all vanilla towns shouldn't claim, and why a single vt should be hesitant to outright claim their role. but, i have a couple issues with yuming's stance here.

1) power roles claim vanilla town. it's not that hard. and that specific type of lie is overwhelmingly accepted by the community. hedging about doing so because you're too scared of getting caught in a lie later is entirely based on scummy motivations.

2) you basically already claimed vt when you said you didn't use an action. the only time a town wouldnt use their action on n1 is if they have limited shots, or some unlikely restriction. in either of those cases, claiming vanilla town is even less of a lie, because you're already vanilla town some/most of the time. so point 1 applies doubly hard.

i dont even know what to make of infi's results, but based solely on yuming's response to questioning, she's scum

##vote yuming

This is also extremely good analysis and I agree 100%. Town yuming shouldn't care about outing herself as VT, she should care about outing herself as a powerrole and becoming a NK target. Hemming and hawing about whether or not to reveal yourself as VT is just weird.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah no. Neither PRs nor VTs should claim to defend themselves from weird poo poo like this D2, and PRs should not pretend to be VT for I don’t even know what the reason would be here.
Regardless of yuming’s role and alignment, she handled that as well as she would have.

And here's Opop immediately white knighting her with analysis that makes zero sense to me. Why would VTs not want to claim?

Man I wish I had been here in real time for all of this, I'm not gonna get any of the answers I want today and this isn't even looking relevant given the state of votefinder :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mr. Steak posted:

though this is just entirely a matter of meta opinion, so lets just drop it.

leaving aside whether we think it's good play to claim vt when that's a lie, the way yuming continued to hem and haw about it after showing no hesitation to claim "i didnt take an action last night" reads very strange to me. i cant really consolidate her stated opinion on role claiming with the rapid claim of her night activity

Mr. Steak posted:

and then, to end up claiming regardless after a little pressure just makes me think she isn't being honest about her opinions in that regard

Mr. Steak is town

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum posted:

- If PQ is truly a redirector, I'd like to request that they redirect actions off me tonight and cop the death from being poisoned. :siren:
- I realise that's a pretty lovely thing to request as well... particularly when I've been calling them scum this game.. but I want town to win and I feel like it would be incredibly risky for a town doc to save a 3P.

I hate this from Inf. Putting this out there to SPECIFICALLY a 3rd party neuters our ability to do anything to confirm Inf is telling the truth this evening. PQ has no interest in serving town at this point, especially if he dies, and so we can't even have the benefit of knowing if he says "nah that's bullshit I ain't gonna do it" that he's telling the truth to the thread. So Inf gets a free pass night to do whatever he wants without any accountability, and we're right back where we start the next day.

Would vote Inf for this, want to finish catching up.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Your Personal Muse posted:

I suppose in the middle of it this was true. At the beginning I really was just wanted to know because it was bugging me, but then he got super defensive so I pushed it to see where it was coming from. At the end, as I said, I think he was more defensive about playstyle then alignment, which is a null.

I have updated my theory to Mith being SK

I don’t like this vote at all. I’m hesitant about Steak because apparently Steak is like this 100% of the time and I haven’t played with Steak at all but I hate this vote.

Steak also seems to suspect people who are loud because they are loud and lurkers because they are lurkers with very little in between. He also placed Hal less scummy than Mith even though Steak’s case on them was the same (they lurked). I also don’t like this fold:

Like I said, this is my first real game with Steak and I got the impression in Cartoon that I should have a different baseline with Steak, so I’ll let others comment to see if I should be concerned.

YPM disappeared into Death Stranding, actually

I will look at Leith right now, hasn’t been on my radar but I think it’s because I got Leith as scum in telephone and I didn’t see the same things this game

I also really dislike this post from YPM. Not only is it the near opposite of all my reads (which is always a red flag to me because I'm the best :sun: ), it's just all meta. It reads like a "I need to pop in and set up that I've been here and following along with ~*~opinions~*~ and then I can buy time to read" post.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey quid thanks for jamming a bunch of posts in right before deadline,not scummy at all.

Here, ##vote leith. Inf, target me tonight, I think I’ll be ready to claim tomorrow depending on how tonight goes

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Extremely good vibes from Quid here

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I can see what yuming was talking about with her third point. Reading the lead up to this vote, it seems like Leith was trying to get a logical reason to vote for Lumpen, if that makes sense.

Also, I’m not going to bold it, but I don’t like this town read on me. My read on Mith wasn’t really earth shattering. I believe in the case, but I don’t believe that someone could find me town based on that case alone. It reads like someone who knows what my flip will be and wants to look good. I think this is actually a stronger reason to vote Leith than D1.

As a side note, I have a bit of a blind spot with yuming. My whole picture of yuming’s meta is that she’s great as town but garbage as scum, so I always expect her to immediately scum slip or something as scum. That’s a long and unnecessary wind up to ask if yuming usually scum hunts based on other people cases of her?

Ah look, another post that hems and haws and says nothing:

-First line is a non-commitment to yuming's case, basically asking the thread if they give permission for his read
-Second line is a decent point, but where's the vote??
-Third line not only relies on a meta read, contributing nothing, but also negates his first two lines. If he recognizes that yuming is a blind spot for him, why is he using all her poo poo as a reason to move towards a vote...he doesn't make?

I would be voting for YPM here.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

Hey quid thanks for jamming a bunch of posts in right before deadline,not scummy at all.

Here, ##vote leith. Inf, target me tonight, I think I’ll be ready to claim tomorrow depending on how tonight goes

Nearly as scummy as you coming in, moving your vote off the voteleader, and throwing shade at me after making a valid point about both you and Inf being scummy af? :allears:

This + the inability of us to confirm who Inf targeted is just :siren: all over the place!!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah well I have a plan for that as long as he targets me tonight.

And I don’t think moving my vote from the leader to someone else when there’s a one vote difference is all that scummy

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote inf
Definitely too much going on here for inf to be telling the truth, and if he somehow is then his flip should show us yuming is scum and we'll get her tomorrow

Yeah, this literally just contradicts RF's vote up there. I would PRESUME Opop would know what his role was before this very minute, and I'm not sure what pondering he did about it that suddenly allows him to clear Inf when earlier he couldn't see a possibility that he was town.

##vote Inf

Inf/YPM/RF scumteam

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah, this literally just contradicts RF's vote up there. I would PRESUME Opop would know what his role was before this very minute, and I'm not sure what pondering he did about it that suddenly allows him to clear Inf when earlier he couldn't see a possibility that he was town.

##vote Inf

Inf/YPM/RF scumteam

That’s not a contradiction, I just figured out a plan, as I do.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Heading to work.

I have nothing to add past what's already been said and nothing will change. If you vote me you're voting town.

So you should really reconsider or give me the opportunity to confirm the role with another night result at the very least

------ final notes

This is scummy as poo poo, and scum want a second investigative role off the board:

I also tend to agree with the Mith = SK opinion as well, but was keeping that in the down-low as they would likely have been my target tonight.

Somber is being combative and has misrepresented my posts on a number of occasions.

I can see the Leith case.somewhat, but my opinion has always remained on yuming; which I have pressed as my case today

That's pretty much it. Nothing I've said has been a lie.

Inf pushing for us to allow him to stay around for a role that, at best, does nothing but give goofy flavor, and at worse is a power-role finder, which he will be outing publicly in thread tomorrow to "confirm" himself?? How are people entertaining this as town posting???

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quidthulhu posted:

Nearly as scummy as you coming in, moving your vote off the voteleader, and throwing shade at me after making a valid point about both you and Inf being scummy af? :allears:

This + the inability of us to confirm who Inf targeted is just :siren: all over the place!!

wrong. inf said that the mod confirmed explicitly that his results were on yuming.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
which, for the record, i strongly think is a lie

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
My favorite part was when quid called me scummy for unloading all my opinions at once

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mr. Steak posted:

wrong. inf said that the mod confirmed explicitly that his results were on yuming.

I'm not seeing how that's related to what I said?

Inf asked PQ, the Nexus, essentially, to target him so that anything targeting Inf would instead target PQ. That means any roles that could confirm what Inf is doing now can't. "But the mod said" coming from Inf is not a confirmation by any means.

What are you referring to as "wrong" here, steak?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quidthulhu posted:

I'm not seeing how that's related to what I said?

Inf asked PQ, the Nexus, essentially, to target him so that anything targeting Inf would instead target PQ. That means any roles that could confirm what Inf is doing now can't. "But the mod said" coming from Inf is not a confirmation by any means.

What are you referring to as "wrong" here, steak?

oh i see. sorry, i took "targetted" as being past tense from our current perspective, not from our theoretical future

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My favorite part was when quid called me scummy for unloading all my opinions at once

No, I called you scummy for unloading opinions that were either grounded entirely in meta reads or were hedgey and then backed away from.

Now I am calling you scummy for popping in to snipe at that point when you're not a viable dunk candidate for the day by any means, riding on the coattails of RF painting me as scummy. :sun:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this is disingenuous cuz he basically called me town for doing the exact same stuff

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Is there an actual case on Leith besides "he's awkward?" I see a lot of discussion about Inf and the validity of chocolate town and not a lot of discussion about the Leith case at all but he's somehow the voteleader atm? This is not striking anyone as odd???

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

Extremely good vibes from Quid here

also, i agree with this very much.

quid, im glad you made it back to thread in the nick of time!!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quidthulhu posted:

Is there an actual case on Leith besides "he's awkward?" I see a lot of discussion about Inf and the validity of chocolate town and not a lot of discussion about the Leith case at all but he's somehow the voteleader atm? This is not striking anyone as odd???
I made a case on him at least twice <:mad:>

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

No reason for this switch other than to avoid Inf being the dunk.

##vote Leith

I thought I already did this

Re: Inf, I don’t get the case. It’s mostly based on the fact that he claimed a weird claim and added to it later on. Basically, we would be voting for the person who is sucking up the oxygen yet again because they are sucking up the oxygen. It’s also the type of case that scum can easily hide behind.

No reason for this switch, just a reason why he CAN'T vote for Inf.

Sandwolf posted:

Don’t like Leith popping up out of nowhere after being attacked. Don’t like Somber doing to Infi the exact same thing YPM did to me.

Chocolate town is some lol-worthy poo poo but I don’t think it’s a fake claim. It’s an insane insane fake claim. Could the scum have a utility role to find vanillas? Probably, but some have concluded a rolecop as the reason Hum died. So a vanilla cop and a role cop? I don’t know, I don’t think so.

Sandwolf posted:

Town Leith would have actually tried to lunch someone by now

Sandwolf posted:

Fair point.

Hey what could Infi just be a rolecop and scum?

Sandwolf posted:

YPM disappearing into the aether, I still think that’s the best lunch candidate for today.

I can see Leith, I think I prefer that over yuming now. But something about yuming peppering every post with “oh no I’m a mislunch I’m a mislunch” still gives me a bad gutfeel.

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Leith

Extremely weird leadup to a Leith vote where he hems and haws on Inf but never really presents him as a valid candidate.

That's three real bad votes, and the other ones are Inf (won't vote himself), PQ (3rd party), and yuming, the only person who's actually made a case. This is not a good dunk.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quidthulhu posted:

No reason for this switch other than to avoid Inf being the dunk.

No reason for this switch, just a reason why he CAN'T vote for Inf.

Extremely weird leadup to a Leith vote where he hems and haws on Inf but never really presents him as a valid candidate.

That's three real bad votes, and the other ones are Inf (won't vote himself), PQ (3rd party), and yuming, the only person who's actually made a case. This is not a good dunk.

my man, you're absolutely goddamn right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quid I was pushing for YPM for a while but no one beyond Grandi was willing to argue with Somber that much about YPM being scummy, so