Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also I said I wouldn’t trade my role PM because I didn’t like the idea of possibly getting scum or 3p. I wasn’t trying to hint at having a power role, but good job scum team for killing me anyway.

(I didn’t even get my role PM until after day 1 started)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also I said I wouldn’t trade my role PM because I didn’t like the idea of possibly getting scum or 3p. I wasn’t trying to hint at having a power role, but good job scum team for killing me anyway.

Snitches get stitches

(I knew I missed someone :()

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Mr. Humalong posted:

We... honestly didn't notice that until after. We voted you out for being a good player and because we were fairly confident you wouldn't be watched if there was a watcher. It was dumb luck.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What would infis flavor have been on a power role?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Mr. Humalong posted:

We actually didn't notice it until yuming or PQ pointed it out.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sandwolf posted:

What would infis flavor have been on a power role?

"You walk around and there's no vanilla smell in here, odd. Thank god!". Something like that, ambiguous but able to infer something. But yeah, ideally I'd like it to be either assuming that you can suss out vanilla/power roles OR a hardlined vanilla = scum. Maybe in the future if I add this role in it can be flexible so people don't assume it's the same as it was in this game.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:argh: yuming :argh:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mithross posted:

We voted you out for being a good player

lol my n1 cop was on Steak so let's not say things we can't take back

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Holy poo poo I can’t believe I actually redirected the poison to me.
I thought about it afterwards that it could have been a coincidence and the SK targeted me that night instead of Mithross but ffuuuuuuuuuuuuck
:negative:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also I can’t believe I believed Leiths claim to hammer infinitum but chocolate town sounded so fake to me.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I thought you were just playing to survivor wincon there!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

lol my n1 cop was on Steak so let's not say things we can't take back

I KNEW IT!

lmao i was lowkey theorizing that ever since you flipped

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Good game, friends! Sorry I was absent for so much of it, work from home slammed into high gear the last few days. But I had a lot of fun with this one. Shoutout to Leith for masterminding a lot of the big plays we made :3:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

also somber scum slipped to me when he signed up to coach my GBS game lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf if you ever shoot me again so help me

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mr. Humalong posted:

That's hilarious as he was not scum :v:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Sandwolf if you ever shoot me again so help me

lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

That's hilarious as he was not scum :v:

oh i misread the mod post, oops

scum really were a bunch of degenerate lurkers and leith, wow

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mr. Humalong posted:

oh i misread the mod post, oops

scum really were a bunch of degenerate lurkers and leith, wow

Hey now! Only for like, half the game!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Was I supposed to die N1? Or was the N0 slow acting

loving YPM

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Incandenza posted:

loving YPM

N2

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hal Incandenza posted:

loving YPM

That’s my name

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Humalong posted:

I mean am I wrong?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

loving YPM

I wish I had payed attention better and read your post about being needled before posting my claim. I probably would have sat on it to see if it was delayed a day.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

I mean am I wrong?

this made me think you were scum because of how badly they were rolling town in this game lmao

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Still maintain that claiming such a weird role early was the correct course of action :colbert:

Sorry to tunnel you yuming :angel:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Still maintain that claiming such a weird role early was the correct course of action :colbert:

It was possibly, it was just the way it came out and your interpretation of your results that led to most of the issues around it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Infinitum posted:

Maybe if you had claimed your entire result at once or had claimed the correct flavor (the smell hurts you vs the smell hurts your brain) or had just focused on the result rather than flavor. Maybe! The entire thing just reminded me too much of Hot Lake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Here are my full roll, result, and clarification pms for reference

quote:

Deadbeat Dad wrote on Mar 23, 2020 11:29:
You are Machi Hiroshi, Dispensing Optician, chocolate town. Chocolate Town seems like a cool place to live, but that's exactly your role. Each night, you will be able to visit someone... and.. that's all you're allowed to know. Are you helpful? Harmful? Only I know that, sorry. You win when all evil has perished.

quote:

Deadbeat Dad wrote on Mar 27, 2020 07:13:
You romp around the house a bit.. ugh, it smells like.... vanilla. You hate that smell! You leave in a rush so that it doesn't hurt your brain.

quote:

Infinitum wrote on Mar 27, 2020 22:36:

Can I just clarify, does this mean I successfully visited yuming last night?

quote:

Deadbeat Dad wrote on Mar 28, 2020 05:48:
Yes, you successfully visited her but I cannot specify what the meaning of your role is, it's up to you to infer.

Legit thought I might have a killing roll, but I also had the town wincon so I was super confused N0.

To me the most important factors of that result pm were 'vanilla' and 'hate that smell'
Leaving in a rush just read as flavour, but I agree that if I had posted it it might have lead to a better case against yuming.

It still reads on paper that yuming = bad to me.

Would have liked a 2nd night for results, but here we are.
gg scum