Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
i mostly see fried egg sandwiches on old-fashioned diner style menus down here, since most fast food places are egg+meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I've never bought a literal fried egg on white bread sandwich before at a store, but I've certainly made them at home before when I was more poor and had nothing else to eat because that's all I had left from the food bank.

Another day in the life of Randabis...

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Fartington Butts posted:

Double the calories, double the price!

Tbh that's way less perverse than I'd have guessed

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Randabis posted:

I've never bought a literal fried egg on white bread sandwich before at a store, but I've certainly made them at home before when I was more poor and had nothing else to eat because that's all I had left from the food bank.

An egg sandwich is tasty as gently caress, meat is optional but certainly not necessary.

No shame there imo

----------------

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Randabis posted:

No shame in that game.

----------------

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Scrambled eggs, on toast, with mayo and black pepper tastes fantastic.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What should I eat

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

bird with big dick posted:

What should I eat

i just ordered a shitload of Chinese

pork buns
egg rolls
Sesame beef
Salt and pepper shrimp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i just ordered a shitload of Chinese

pork buns
egg rolls
Sesame beef
Salt and pepper shrimp

hell yeah. i did that yesterday. little hole in the wall place that is like 2minutes from my apartment. call ahead, pick up after work.

fried dumplings
crab rangoon
Szechuan chicken

enough left for today.

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I could only make it through the egg rolls and pork buns lol. Gon be eating for days

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

yo why didn’t anyone tell me breakfast hot pockets are actually pretty dece this sausage egg and cheese is hitting the spot

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Nikumatic posted:

yo why didn’t anyone tell me breakfast hot pockets are actually pretty dece this sausage egg and cheese is hitting the spot

I used to really like those compared to other frozen breakfast stuff. My grocery store doesn't carry em anymore tho

i remember when the breakfast ones were half sized and 4 a box

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm thinking Wendy's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i tried dunkin for the first time and it's p good

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Little Caesars pretzel crust pizza is like 80 cents cheaper than just a regular so I gave it a go. It's just their normal pizza crust with a ton of salt on it, which when we're talking about one of the saltiest pizzas on the market, I did not care for it.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Rick posted:

The Little Caesars pretzel crust pizza is like 80 cents cheaper than just a regular so I gave it a go. It's just their normal pizza crust with a ton of salt on it, which when we're talking about one of the saltiest pizzas on the market, I did not care for it.

I'm so looking forward to when we stop selling them next week. They suck to make and are bland salty globs of lovely cheese. Not to say our regular pizzas are that much better...

Another day in the life of Randabis...

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

oh drat i gotta get another one before they go away

it's less about the salty crust than it is the nacho-cheese base really

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Why would you want a pizza with cheese that isn't yours?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Don't do this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Randabis posted:

I'm so looking forward to when we stop selling them next week. They suck to make and are bland salty globs of lovely cheese. Not to say our regular pizzas are that much better...

I like the regular for as much as I can eat while it's still hot, but once it cools look out.

It's a lot better than it was when I was a kid though so at least there's that.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Rick posted:

It's a lot better than it was when I was a kid though so at least there's that.

I don’t believe they’ve offered Pizza By The Foot, the best form of Caesars pizza, in like 20 years. Wonderful pizza and a free month of HBO for ordering.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Szyznyk posted:

I don’t believe they’ve offered Pizza By The Foot, the best form of Caesars pizza, in like 20 years. Wonderful pizza and a free month of HBO for ordering.

we are a culture in decline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTNjqAEK9_0

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"nearly three feet" that's short as hell wtf

----------------

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That’s like 4 subway foot longs that’s huge

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

That’s like 4 subway foot longs that’s huge

Lol

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Reminds me of this guy

We had them cycle through a few times when I worked there. It’s just two square pan pizzas, no cheese, with one end of the crust cut off of each

Like instead of the pizzas being like this:
[pizza][pizza]

They’re like:
[pizzapizza]

then cut into slices and boxed with marinara, ranch and BBQ sauces

it was actually one of my favorite things there since I hated the sauce but boy was it a bitch to get all cut and boxed when it came out of the oven

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

for anyone curious, it's no sauce, not no cheese, but yeah, another one of those things you could almost more or less order the near quivilent off the regular menu, but now it's got extra marketing

at least a few chains copied each other and did that "it's just our deep dish with no sauce, but we put sauce on the side because people like dipping things, but we are calling it something else" gimmick

also:

Chief McHeath posted:

Like instead of the pizzas being like this:
[pizza][pizza]

They’re like:
[pizzapizza]

that's perfect lol

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Went to Steak and Shake for the first time since the pandemic and they completely changed how they do things. Instead of a waitstaff they just have a self serve kiosk where you place your order and then pick it up when they call your name.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I always get Steak and Shake and Shake Shack mixed up which is the one that sucks

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

I always get Steak and Shake and Shake Shack mixed up which is the one that sucks

Shake shack

Well IMO at least, steak & shake was always a bargain and is open 24 hours whereas shake shack is like $13 for a burger

----------------

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It isn't as cheap as it used to be but it is still fairly inexpensive as I got two combos for about $20. I don't think they're doing too good though as they were pretty much dead when I got there which isn't great for a Saturday afternoon.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

UKJeff posted:

Shake shack

Well IMO at least, steak & shake was always a bargain and is open 24 hours whereas shake shack is like $13 for a burger

wish we had a steak & shake on the west coast but we're stuck with shake shack and their million clones that all have ripoff prices

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
My experience with Steak and Shake was at a place outside Joshua Tree and it was expensive, with small portions and not good. It also took like 20 minutes and was ice cold. I probably would give them a second chance since I don’t think any of that was a normal experience. I hope?

I have never had a bad meal at Shake Shack. I wish it was cheaper and I could get it in Arizona without having to go to a lovely luxury mall.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tried out a newer chain place called The Kebab Shop. The wrap was long.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

drat, that sumbitch go all the way down in the foil too? sheeeeeeeesh

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

well how was it??? Looks more like a tortilla than a pita or gyro kinda bread

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

well how was it??? Looks more like a tortilla than a pita or gyro kinda bread

Could be lavash

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

AvesPKS posted:

Could be lavash

Yeah, it was probably this. The bread was good, nice and thin but not too flimsy so that it falls apart. Seemed relatively freshly made.

I picked lamb as my meat, though you could choose from others like chicken, meatballs, steak, or falafels etc. The wraps come standard with a tzatziki (for some reason called Garlic Yogurt on the menu?), lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onions (pickled and/or raw). I added on a cilantro jalapeno sauce. There was also sauce choices of Fire Chili and Dill Yogurt but I didn't want to get it too wet by adding more. I guess their whole thing is customizability so you can make it however you want, adding fries or hummus or whatever.

It was pretty good overall and ended up being about 15 bucks which seemed ok since other places in the area charge about the same amount for gyros and this wrap was decent sized. I don't think I'd go out of my way to go here but its a nice reliable small chain type deal where you know what you're gonna get.

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
absolute unit of flatbread.

----------------