Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Haven’t watched any of it yet, but I loving love the vaporwave colour pallet they seem to be going with for this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Caught up on all 6 episodes last night. I’m really digging this show so far. I want to say I can easily predict where the show seems to be going, but really, I kind of can’t. There’s just so many threads in play all at once and I’m not sure which one’s gonna win out and become the “main” plot. Though I have to say I was a little surprised by them having the ending theme be an in-universe plot point as an excuse to bombard you with it like 5 times during the course of episode 4.

All the side characters are fun as poo poo though, especially Mary the weasel; her whole life seems to just be one long series of interlinking side hustles, and I respect that in a way.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alfredo Jones posted:

Just finished watching the six episodes released so far, and now I'm left wanting more. Any idea when this will hit stateside, either officially or through fansubs?

Episode 7 airs May 20th so probably not before then.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Very, very different show. It's a goofy action-comedy with light social commentary. Think furry Promare, or Zootopia by way of Little Witch Academia.

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly call BNA "insightful" as I would just "fun as poo poo"... yet, anyway. We're only on episode 6 of possibly 12 or more and the Real Plot has finally just started, so who knows, it could pull out a real whiz banger in its back half.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Anora posted:

I thought she couldn't get it back, and the one time she did was a fluke.

They're being very ambiguous about it. If you take Michiru's word at face value then yeah, the first time was a fluke, but she has since figured out how to go back and forth but prefers to stay in her animal form now because what happened at that party kind of traumatized her so she's not in any hurry to change back again any time soon, despite her protests otherwise. It's also possible that she's lying her rear end off and that one time was indeed a fluke and she's just telling people otherwise.

Either way, she's lying to herself on a whole bunch of levels and Nazuna turning out to be a fame-crazed sociopath has hopefully begun the process of dislodging a lot of her own bullshit from her brain.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Gonna have to binge the back half later on. Too bad that it sounds like it couldn't stick the landing, but I wasn't expecting much anyway. Also this is my first (and probably only) Trigger series, so I have no real metric to guage whether it did "well" or not beyond a general content barometer.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LunarCress posted:

Eh, there's enough there that you could definitely put together a queer/trans reading, but I'd hesitate to call it what the show is "about".

Episode 4 can kind of be read as an overt trans allegory and tackling the issue of transition regret/detransition in an extremely metaphorical way, but other than that, eeehhh...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Squidster posted:

I would argue that any attempts at allegory are torpedoed by the final-arc plot twist. You put too many Beastmen in one place and they inevitably become rampaging monsters? Hoooo boy

Oof.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tatsuta Age posted:

You mean the mongoose?

(Loved this show)

Weasel :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Martytoof posted:

Huh, just watched this over a few hours. Really fun if I ignore the plot and maybe the last few episodes. Was a lot more interesting before everything became critical stakes but I guess that’s just the way you gotta do things these days.

Are they planning for another season or was this a one shot?

Studio Trigger usually only tends to do one season shows, however SSSS.Gridman is getting a follow up spin off show from the looks of it, so maybe they'll do something more for BNA too. It seems to be rather popular from what I've seen across the internets.