Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

This is bloody interesting mates :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Is anyone still shagging over there?

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Aaaaaaaand thats what Americans think of the UK in a nutshell :)

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

TheAardvark posted:

i feel like it could be an interesting insight in to the differences between the UK and the US. how differently we handle the boredom could have profound and need i even say profitable results

I have zero boredom - but i am so not leaving my house for at least the next two weeks. Too much work to do from home and too many art supplies, books and tv shows. :)
I also have more time to write and exercise and bike. No complaints. just dont wanna get sick or see anyone i love get sick.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

French Canadian posted:

Are chimney sweeps deemed essential?

aww drat.. now that mary poppins song is stuck in my head.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

seriously american football does suck.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Burt Sexual posted:

Now I’m gonna leave this thread for Jose to moderate but drat this is wrong

come on the game goes on for like 10 seconds at a time.

Soccer has more continuous play.

and check out rugby sometime for that matter. American football players only run like a mile per game and only play an average of 11 minutes rugby players play for a full 80 minutes.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

pip pip! cheerio!

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Sekenr posted:

I think he means that American football constantly stops to move flags, gently caress around and get back in positions, so players spend very little time actually playing.

and its true.

also im a girl for the 10,001 time.

Chrs posted:

Fuckin' lol and theres people coming in here saying that American Football is the better one.

exactly.

My Shoes fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 24, 2020

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Weka posted:

Thanks for this explanation I felt like it must be an exaggeration but I have learned never to underestimate America.

and now bow to my superiority :)

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

omg lol

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Couldn't get beans at the shop, had to get spaghetti hoops instead. This has gone too far imo

spaghetti hooops!? see this is why americans give you all so much poo poo.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

why is there not enough corn syrup in there for your tastes

Good one. :P

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Lolie posted:

The text message being sent from the NHS to people who are clinically "extremely vulnerable" tells them they must stay home for 12 weeks.

jesus you can open your window but you cant go outside?! wtf? why?

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Valko posted:

I see the police have already broken up a BBQ now they are telling people to stop sunbathing and go home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9aCKX6awHg

I cant see this happening in US mid sized and smaller sized cities..... maybe NYC or LA

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Shut up Meg posted:

And someone please explain to me why bicycle shops are specifically exempted from the retail outlets closure order?

Its a mode of transportation like cars. some ppl use bicycles alone to get around. hell some folks have to if they have DUI.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

ok american here.... thats why i said they could never do this in the US... i mean MAYBE nyc... i doubt it tho.

thats crazy.... i mean i want everyone to stay safe but woah...

I actually do not plan on leaving my house for the next two weeks or so cuz i have everything i need here and i care but i want the option to leave if i have to.. esp to sit in the loving sun and just relax and soak up vitamin d for a sec.

My Shoes fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Strategic Tea posted:

Yeah there's no risk of virus drifting in on the breeze and it is less survivable in fresh air.

But let people out and apparently we all mob local parks, get too close, and start infecting each other.

drat.. crazy times...