Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Not everyone is rocking all their utility/ults by the time a retake starts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asema posted:

Maybe I'll record my next session and post videos to it but going aggressive on bind and getting two Q kills in short A and making it a 3v5 while safely making it out just has too much power.

I saw this awhile back and stole it but it's fantastically aggressive while being safe. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/OpdmN5TLQQk

There's no way you are going to get seen from the left side of Short A, and nobody expects you there that early, it's free kills and then you tp to safety and set up to another defensive position and in 15 seconds you can TP again scott free.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I’m actually curious since I haven’t played since the recent patch that buffed Phoenix and adjusted the kayo Molly to not require LOS.

Can the new kayo Molly be thrown up against the opposite side of a wall where the KJ ult is planted, or is it just an adjustment so that you can’t hide barely around the corner of a box?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tetramin posted:

I’m actually curious since I haven’t played since the recent patch that buffed Phoenix and adjusted the kayo Molly to not require LOS.

Can the new kayo Molly be thrown up against the opposite side of a wall where the KJ ult is planted, or is it just an adjustment so that you can’t hide barely around the corner of a box?

I legitimately just posted a tweet about it that shows the answer to this question but it was on the last page at the bottom so here:

https://twitter.com/onoisaxe/status/1547082620785532928

Edit; also in a perfect scenario where everything lines up and you get that super sweet KJ ult off after getting 7 ult points. That's one round. Chamber brings so much more value consistently all of the time than KJ even if you've gotten the perfect setup for her that catches a team by surprise.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Asema posted:

I legitimately just posted a tweet about it that shows the answer to this question but it was on the last page at the bottom so here:

https://twitter.com/onoisaxe/status/1547082620785532928

Edit; also in a perfect scenario where everything lines up and you get that super sweet KJ ult off after getting 7 ult points. That's one round. Chamber brings so much more value consistently all of the time than KJ even if you've gotten the perfect setup for her that catches a team by surprise.

Haha. When I first read the change a couple weeks ago I asked some friends if they thought it’d work this way. I was imagining the ascent scenario, and I was told I was being stupid, it would never work like that. Lmao.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's live currently but I still think it might be a bug but Riot hasn't said anything about it so who knows

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Asema posted:

It's live currently but I still think it might be a bug but Riot hasn't said anything about it so who knows

poo poo BSODed my computer

Edit the patch I meant lmao

i am a moron fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 14, 2022

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kayo knew you called him a toaster

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Asema posted:

Nope, they specifically show the kay/o nade hitting people on other sides of walls in the new patch note video, so it is intended behavior. (Timestamp at 1:12 for specific kay/o change).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkRA0ZrPeKU&t=72s

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Yea it’s an aoe thing now with no los

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kimcicle posted:

Nope, they specifically show the kay/o nade hitting people on other sides of walls in the new patch note video, so it is intended behavior. (Timestamp at 1:12 for specific kay/o change).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkRA0ZrPeKU&t=72s

My only take about this is that those videos are produced by Riot Korea and they've put things out that were bugs before because Riot doesn't communicate with each other.

Btw Pearl is a fantastic map I love it

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

It’s doing what the patch notes say I think

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Asema posted:

Btw Pearl is a fantastic map I love it

It’s really well designed I love the length of B

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I mean the kayo grenade change is super weird to me because it’s not like a brim or viper Molly can go through a whole rear end wall. Or a raze nade. It’s just weird

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

since people are actually posting im going to do my top three most hated maps:

icebox
icebox
icebox

I'm so sad splits out of the rotation I feel like I draw icebox nonstop now :cry:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Icebox has a couple things going for it, the big one being that it's not Fracture.

Listen I love the change up that Riot did with Fracture, it's unique and plays in a unique way and I can respect the attempt. But god do I audibly groan when I see that it's the map for the game.

Ascent > Haven > Pearl > Bind > Icebox || Breeze > Fracture in the current map pool, Split is up there with Bind imo but that's because I love that dumb goofy defense sided map.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
New skins suck except the melee

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Asema posted:

Icebox has a couple things going for it, the big one being that it's not Fracture.

Listen I love the change up that Riot did with Fracture, it's unique and plays in a unique way and I can respect the attempt. But god do I audibly groan when I see that it's the map for the game.

Ascent > Haven > Pearl > Bind > Icebox || Breeze > Fracture in the current map pool, Split is up there with Bind imo but that's because I love that dumb goofy defense sided map.

this is a good list. i still hate icebox more than fracture

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
following the pattern of "absolute banger skin line" followed up by an absolute stinker.

God those doom skins were fantastic

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I hate breeze way more than icebox or fracture. I’ve grown to really like split so I was sorta mad that they removed it to preserve map numbers for pro play or whatever.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Asema posted:

following the pattern of "absolute banger skin line" followed up by an absolute stinker.

God those doom skins were fantastic

I really dislike most Phantom skins which sucks because I'm way better with it. I have Zedd, Prime, RGX, and Ion, but I'm not sold on any of them. A bunch were in my Night Market.

I also have Reaver, SoL, Prime, RGX, and the Prelude Vandal and pretty much love all of them. I've gotten some awesome Night Markets and had to buy the latest (and RGX Vandal which is my favorite skin).

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my phantom skin will always be the arizona ice team variant of the oni skinline and that will never change

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm keeping the typo

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Made it to Bronze 3, first game in we had two golds on the other team and two folks on ours wouldn’t buy for teammates on match points lmao

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Asema posted:

My only take about this is that those videos are produced by Riot Korea and they've put things out that were bugs before because Riot doesn't communicate with each other.

You're gonna have to point out an example because I can't remember any.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/rycoux/status/1547261278812454913?t=WiA9deSivVdzopV-TkK6Ug&s=19

https://twitter.com/rycoux/status/1547415764512083969

Change is at least coming.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Asema posted:

Anybody hit with Fade's ult will draw a terror line which is nasty because then you can terrorize them with the prowler that will automatically seek them out and they won't hear it coming so you can double gently caress them up. That trail is also visible to allies.

Are you implying the enemy team can't see or do anything about terror lines? I figured the downside was it also somewhat could give away your position. And the ULT, does it create a status effect on the enemy they're aware of?

I have yet to play against a Fade or Astra and I'm over a dozen matches, unranked.

In beta and up until Reyna was released I was Omen 80% of the time and Sova the other 20%. I love Omen but until I learn the new maps my ability placements are sub-par. I'd really like to try Astra but I'm not fully understanding her mechanics so I'll mess around in a Custom, but like Cypher, I'm not a huge fan of being exposed while in astral form. I'd assume her abilities are meant to help negate exposure?

Just unlocked Kayo and Neon with the leftover credits I had. Neon seems like she could be a top agent if you can use her abilities correctly (moreso for her, those walls seem easy to gently caress up).

I really enjoy playing a support even in pubs, who would be an ideal focus for ranked? Skye is obvious but I'd let someone else handle her until I'm confident enough to use her wolf properly.

edit: did skins start to suck after beta/Act1 because I'm asked every game to let people use my Guardian, Vandal, Judge, Ghost.. etc.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

96 spacejam posted:

Are you implying the enemy team can't see or do anything about terror lines? I figured the downside was it also somewhat could give away your position. And the ULT, does it create a status effect on the enemy they're aware of?

Everybody can see the lines I believe, but it's from the abilities spawn point to the enemy location and then updates as the enemy moves so it won't give away your position unless you through her haunt at her feet.

The ult takes away all sound for 12 seconds while also giving you the status effect of decay/marking them with terror trails. Which as I said is something you can pair up with your prowler because they will literally not hear coming and once they are hit with them then they are still deafened but also now absolutely blinded too. It's a nice combo.

Neon is a fun agent, when you can perfect the movement and basically Apex slide everywhere it makes people mad.

96 spacejam posted:

edit: did skins start to suck after beta/Act1 because I'm asked every game to let people use my Guardian, Vandal, Judge, Ghost.. etc.

people ask for rare skins because they are rare, there's been a lot of banger skins lately though.

edit;

miss this one:

quote:

I really enjoy playing a support even in pubs, who would be an ideal focus for ranked? Skye is obvious but I'd let someone else handle her until I'm confident enough to use her wolf properly.

get comfortable with each role and try to play the agent that you are most comfortable with. In low ELO's your comfort and capability will outshine any true need for a "right" comp but as you move forward and climb you'll need to be at least comfortable with taking some of the roles over. Picking a third duelist while two 13 year olds instant lock while spamming "somebody play sage/smokes" isn't enough of a reason to pick that third duelist out of spite but honestly just play and have fun and see where you are and decide if you wanna climb, sometimes the competitive nature and skill is worth it in comp over unrated.

Asema fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 14, 2022

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

96 spacejam posted:

I have yet to play against a Fade or Astra and I'm over a dozen matches, unranked.

In beta and up until Reyna was released I was Omen 80% of the time and Sova the other 20%. I love Omen but until I learn the new maps my ability placements are sub-par. I'd really like to try Astra but I'm not fully understanding her mechanics so I'll mess around in a Custom, but like Cypher, I'm not a huge fan of being exposed while in astral form. I'd assume her abilities are meant to help negate exposure?

Just unlocked Kayo and Neon with the leftover credits I had. Neon seems like she could be a top agent if you can use her abilities correctly (moreso for her, those walls seem easy to gently caress up).

I pretty much only play smokes or initiators, even in unranked pubs. Like I can frag fairly decently as almost any character but I feel like I have more impact over the game because the ability to make a stupid play a little bit more advantageous is huge for actually winning games.

For smokes I usually play omen or brim, or viper if it’s icebox or breeze. Initiators I roll with kayo or breach.

The general idea for your smoke placements should be to block off the entrances, one mistake I make and see others make, is placing smokes either so deep on defender side that the enemy can just run through them because nobody’s actually watching the exit, you want to place them so that anyone coming through is suddenly exposed to more angles than they can quickly clear. Same idea on attack, try not to put a smoke right on a bomb site because someone can just sit in there and work the edge of the smoke for cheap kills on people trying to plant. Watching a YouTube video of some good player playing brimstone on like bind or something should give you an idea of what you could do better.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Also the brimmy stimmy is dope as hell

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

i am a moron posted:

Also the brimmy stimmy is dope as hell

Facinating how after 2 years the unranked playerbase actively run around it thinking it's an enemy ability.

The new maps seem pretty good but the one where you spawn on a beach if you're planting is pretty frustrating. I'm sure I'll get used to it the amount of angles you're exposed to at anytime is pretty wtf.

Going to give Kayo a shot now, thanks for the feedback. Is there a goon discord btw?

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Yes Breeze is an assy map. If there’s a good way to play it I’d love to loving know because it feels more random than icebox sometimes

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I can't microadjust for strafe shooting worth a gently caress. I suspect my mousepad is too slow, my sens is relatively average and increasing it makes all other aim feel off. I have no idea how pros do these tiny micro adjustments on a GSR.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I can't microadjust for strafe shooting worth a gently caress. I suspect my mousepad is too slow, my sens is relatively average and increasing it makes all other aim feel off. I have no idea how pros do these tiny micro adjustments on a GSR.

unbind crouch and go into deathmatch for like an hour and you'll do just fine

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Well now my wrist is just killing me lmao. I play at low sens but might be trying to do too much with my wrist.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/JeffLanda/status/1553092800052269056?s=20&t=4lXuvI6l1WUlz8UuSkqydw

It's coming

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

I am interested in what changes they have in mind for "Chamber balance, ability damage breakup" since that entails his headhunter and his op. Will it be minor damage changes i.e .decrease the body shot damage of the headhunter while maintain the long range headshot (which would only raises the skill ceiling i.e. affect more the lower elo rather than the higher elo), or will the damage changes try to affect how he plays i.e. his op only does 145 damage on body shot but has a slow on all damage (which affects giving him a free pick without a headshot)? I wonder how much they plan to tune his "ability damage".

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
That's not Chamber ability damage, it's got a comma between the two. It's different things.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Good Will Hrunting posted:

That's not Chamber ability damage, it's got a comma between the two. It's different things.

Oh that is true. Nonetheless, I wonder how much this will be an undertune or overtune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ValorantPBE/comments/wbis3m/jun_29_2022_valorant_503_pbe_patch_notes_bug/

All seems pretty reasonable to me, though I think making the bullets more expensive is a little much