Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
So I played a match on Split and it had an extreme favela vibe and not in a good way. Are the other maps just as bland?

Also, the round start invisible wall mechanic just feels like such a worse solution than the 5 seconds or whatever buy time that cs-go does; all but ensures that firefights happen in the same exact loving spot every round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

hobbesmaster posted:

Uh, so go somewhere else?

it's basically one of three or four spots that you can go, at least if you're speaking for Split.

edit: uh sorry, game good, my hero is op

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

ThePineapple posted:

Opening fights in CS also happen at basically the same spots. On dust2 for example, just through long A doors, long B tunnels, gaining control of mid, then later on fights to take catwalk or push through mid doors. On Haven, guess what? Fights will probably happen long or short A, mid, or long C, and then as the round progresses you'll be fighting in garage or B as part of a take or a split on a site.

I kind of like the invisible walls in that it at least lets you see where your team will be setting up before the actual round starts. In CS matchmaking solo, you could get games where people don't communicate or don't go to defend the right site off the bat, leaving you scrambling to readjust while the clock is ticking.

One consequence in Valorant though is that in the last round of the half it's super easy to buy both an Op and a rifle if you have the cash since you can buy at the actual site you'll be defending or attacking. Don't know how I feel about this yet.

obviously on average the firefights happen in a lot of the same spots in csgo, but there is a certain dynamism in how people can rush to certain spots or decide to hang back in expectation of someone else rushing. The invisible wall removes any sense of taking people by surprise.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Bottom Liner posted:

yep and there will only ever be 4. no more new agents either.

It's actually better if there are only 4 maps that way we try really hard to convince ourselves that the new maps are coming any day

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Bottom Liner posted:

it was a joke. of course there will be more maps and agents.

just trust the videogame company guys

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Bottom Liner posted:

Devs said there won’t be a solo only queue for ranked lol. That’s real dumb.

Valorant is a great game for demonstrating what a great game CSGO is

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Did you read that link? it was kind of a cop-out and leaving the important part unsaid

ie: we still want in-game purchases from the people no one wants to play with

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

fadam posted:

IMO get rid of heal, get rid of res, never put any abilities even similar to them in the game ever.

Even wc3 mod kept it very careful with the heals and res's. I just think the riot pedigree is going to force it in the game no matter what

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Remora posted:

Wrong. I got griefed this way during my last game of CS. Emphasis on last.

so you selection biased yourself

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Everytime I think of this game I just think of that instant wall ability and how unfun it is to have in a cs game

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Womyn Capote posted:

No but my experience was so bad I felt a personal duty to warn people. For the record my team won the match I played and I had a positive k/d. Its just such a bad game I feel personally offended.

It really is a bad, terrible husk of a game. WC3 mod in cs did/does the same thing way better

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Asema posted:

try harder and maybe it won't be as obvious of a bait

or at least don't use the same tactics the dota folks used to poo poo on lol and come up with something original

I'm baiting people into not playing the game

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
One positive thing ill say about Valorant is the anti-cheat hasn't hosed with my system at all and tbqh it's nice to see developers take a more intense approach to preventing aimbot/walling

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Lmao, gently caress any gamer in the face if they think they can insist on me listening to their spoken gaming experience.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Mae posted:

I wouldn’t play this game if I didn’t have friends to play with, and I definitely wouldn’t if I wasn’t planning to play as a team

You are correct that it is an exceedingly mediocre game that basically requires peer pressure to want to play

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

I hope you aren't this whiny to your friends when they peer pressure you to play lmao

Sorry, didn't mean to step on your dick

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Rite Of Massage posted:

if you're unwilling or unable to communicate using your voice, why not just play a single player game instead of a heavily team based fps that relies on cooperation and coordination :confused:

for like any one of a million reasons your malfunctioning brain seems to be incapable of imagining

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Rite Of Massage posted:

if this is the kind of thing you say to your teammates, i understand why you hesitate to speak

i hope whatever in your life is troubling you gets better :)

I'm just here to click on heads bro

vvv Sometimes listening to videogame gunfire for hours on end becomes undesirable so I will occasionally just turn off ALL audio and play to music.

Jokerpilled Drudge fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 11, 2020