Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

jackie chan fight scenes are actually realistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Wait, there's a way to gain speed while bunnyhopping? What's the proper technique? Did this person actually time an improvement from getting to point B from point A?

Is that just for a short-term over a few hops? Is that something you can do while traversing the map?

I know how to bunnyhop in the old half-life engine and can do bunny-hopping in a similar way in Valorant, but my bhops are slower than running in a straight line if I time it over a medium-long distance.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

What is "perfectly maintain" the bhopping? I do what works in the goldsource/half-life 1 engine and it doesn't work here.

Is it a 10% speed improvement total when moving from point A to point B or is it a 10% speed improvement of the momentum in the air while curving around a lot?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Is there a video of what correct bhopping over a long distance looks like? Do you have to hold W or does holding W make it more consistent? I want to know if maybe I'm arcing too wide or narrow or whatever.

Is there actually acceleration from moving your mouse like in half-life 1 or is there some other engine mechanic in play to bhop? I remember in half-life 1 you get a lot of momentum from just swinging your mouse really fast into the direction you wanted to go to begin a bhop or other movement mechanic.

comedyblissoption fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 25, 2020

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Good Will Hrunting posted:

At the risk of getting "don't try to be a pro" responses I'll ask anyway... watching Shroud and some other players it seems like they use a lot less of their arm and forearm and more wrist than I imagined most low sens players used. It actually looks fairly uncomfortable to bend their wrists like they do? I've tried the videos about finding your perfect sensitivity but I still naturally gravitate towards using mostly my elbow as a pivot point and it was sustainable in Apex/OW/CoD but the range of most fights here seems to be making fights that I don't flick my arm in 1 swipe and click a head either impossible or very, very difficult in terms of micro corrections. If I take some video would anyone be down for some tips?
I tried pure arm aiming and pivot at the elbow for a while and it sucks.

It's better to use your wrist for aiming in a small fov since your wrist is more precise and then use your entire arm for big swings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oehx9OzB1Lc

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I tried it for wrist health reasons, and it definitely helps with that but your aim is going to suck rear end.

Wrist+Arm is fine on the wrist compared to a wrist-dominant aim I had used before. As long as you don't do a shitload of wrist intensive flicks back to back for an extended period of time like on the training range.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Combining them is the tough thing for me. When I'm playing with just wrist (even aggressive flicks for 180ing in my wrist) I feel much more comfortable than combining both. I guess it's all practice range muscle memory grind of swipe arm then correct wrist like the video says?
Yeah swipe then correct.

If you naturally do a hybrid both wrist + arm at flicks just barely past your wrist fov, just roll with it and do that.

What you want to avoid: wrist flick, reset, wrist flick. This is slower than arm flick, wrist flick. Too much wrist flicking is hell for most peoples' wrists. This also lets you have a lower sensitivity since your arm pivot can be used for big movements way past what your wrist can do. A lower sensitivity effectively makes the enemy hitboxes bigger on your mousepad at the exchange of limiting your wrist fov and mobility.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I'm at .53 @ 800 DPI. I guess I need to get better at the arm corrections and get more accurate there so I have to secondary wrist adjust less.
Also I think your sensitivity is still a wrist-dominated playstyle. If you can use your wrist and easily move your cursor well past your fov, I think that qualifies as a much more wrist-focused playstyle.

n0thing's equivalent sensitivity in valorant would be 0.3145 @ 800 dpi. At this sensitivity, most people can't physically pivot at their wrist to aim past their full fov, so you literally have to use the arm to even hit someone on the edge of fov.

Even with your sens, using your arm to anchor on targets before using your wrist is still useful if you're trying to adjust to targets outside your fov.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

An alternative to mouse accel is using a dpi shift button where if you hold it your dpi changes. This is useful if you have a really low sensitivity that makes 180ing or bhopping or whatever cumbersome.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Jeza posted:

e: hey look a random clip of Volcano talking about why corners are so deep:

https://clips.twitch.tv/HardLachrymoseTubersPJSugar
Is it even possible to dry check these deep corners without also getting spotted from behind, or do you need utility to cover a check?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I wonder if valorant has better/more generous hit registration that contributes to more consistently fatal engagements. Maybe 128 tick makes that big of a difference?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

engagements in valorant might be more lethal because of this lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GexxPKwZS5Q

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Valorant has some issues where gunfire can completely mask a stampede of footsteps, so it's possible gunfire mutes omen's teleport too.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I still have no idea what the purpose of the HMGs are asides from heavy wallbang. Spray and hope the rng spread puts a bullet in someone's head?
They might be good against smokes.

They seem to have really terrible accuracy. The first shot doesn't even hit centered.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I would use some combination of tab/caps/shift/ctrl. Whatever is comfortable for you to press simultaneously while using the movement keys.

You can press ctrl using your palm below your pinky as kind of like a sixth digit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

If you want to compare the games, the OP is also a lot less nimble than the awp. The weapon draw time is way longer, the zoom-in to shoot accurately is longer, and swapping to a pistol after a shot is slower.