Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Italy was my first win!
I don't have time to commit to playing, but I will follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

silvergoose posted:

Gonna take a chance and guess France

That was my first choices as well, so instead I'll pick Austria

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
If we're doing victory betting, Italy will win.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
France and Austria have both made good (though standard) opening moves. England's opening is standard and not aggressive.

Germany keeping units in Berlin and Kiel is questionable unless they really, really distrust Russia. Similarly, Turkey moving its fleet to Eastern Med or Aegean and army to Con is, in my opinion, a stronger opening than what they went with, unless they also thought a Russian attack was imminent.

Italy has some options here. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I also question Russia holding two units in place. Given Germany's and Turkey's moves, this suggests some missteps in negotiations, but not to the point of outright hostility. Or maybe they are solidifying an alliance? Fall 1901 will tell.

One thing is clear: there have not been any obvious blunders or backstabs yet, and it's still anyone's game.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

GuavaMoment posted:

They can't though, the fleet starts in Ankara.

Derp, you're right.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Maybe it's all a ruse. :tinfoil:

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Germany's move into Kiel would bounce a supported move into Kiel by France and Russia (Ruh S Den-Kiel or Den S Ruh-Kie)

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Austria is gonna get carved.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Italy and Austria are best friends for life.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
I'll take a different tack and say Germany is next out. Austria will limp along with one SC, probably Venice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
This is hilarious.
Also note that Austria and Italy were IRL friends and decided to ride or die together. All's fair in love, war, and Diplomacy.