Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I just got my copy in the mail today (from the Best Buy preorder I made over a year ago before they sunset the GCU program) and it also came with what looks like... a set of coasters? maybe also a poster?
Anyone else get this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Farg posted:

i dunno if i'm a fan of the turn order thing but everything else just seems like bravely default as it always was? i'm early on but i'm not seeing any red flags, its fun. also its like a brief intro cutscene and some dialog before you can dig through your settings, it isn't remarkable in that sense at all

Same, all the posts wailing about how different it is had me worried but aside from the turn order thing (which seems like a really surprising complaint given how hand-holdy showing turn order is) it plays very much the same. I'd much rather have on-field enemies than random encounters, they're ridiculously easy to juke if you don't want to fight them.

Is there any other online functionality that shows up later besides the boat quest things? I have to admit it'll be a little disappointing if you can summon someone else's super moves like in the first two games.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

AlphaKeny1 posted:

The "fairy flies" thing was really cool tbh and bravely second not having something like that was kind of a letdown, so hopefully this one does.

You... did finish Bravely Second, right?
The equivalent in that game was super dumb, but then again, so was the rest of the game.

PageMaster posted:

Where do you get these? That first fight is a horrendously unfun slog where I can't kill them but they can't kill me and I have to reset the game to get out and I'd love to just be past them so I can play the rest of the game.

Edit: finally beat it, in think I was less frustrated with the fight and more just with having to skip 6 cut scenes each time I had to redo it.

You can buy two types of "damage all enemies" items in the shop in the first town. They pretty much melt the first asterisk bosses.

Aside from that, they both have elemental weaknesses so if you examine them and make at least two of your characters black mages you should be able to take them down pretty easily.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

stev posted:

Lmao I just gave that character back and it didn't even occur to me to do any of that. Ah well.

How long will it be before I get another job? I don't know whether to just leave Adelle as a freelancer and level the other three on the jobs the game suggested for the time being.

It's not like this game is Dark Souls difficulty or anything so just play the game as intended and give yourself a little challenge your first time through, at least.

You can always just go back to the first wilderness area later and leave one weak enemy alive while your party forages until you have unstoppable murder machines.

I am kinda curious though as to whether the first "you're supposed to lose" story battle against Adam is theoretically winnable though, since he does seem to have a finite amount of HP even if that amount is 99999.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Lord Ephraim posted:

I discovered chain battles and it really breaks the job exp curve since I'm at chapter 3 and staring at multiple job classes mastered. Moves like Pressure Point and Godspeed Strike have no business doing so much damage. Thief never has to worry about MP costs much either. Mastering Vanguard gives it a huge attack boost the more aggro gear you put on and its final skill is just another big damage nuke for only costing MP.

The only disappointing class is Beastmaster because you have no idea what monster abilities do. I used one ability and it missed, and decided that was it I'm not going around catching everything just for a bunch of attacks that don't do anything. Pick up MP Saver and move on.

I destroyed the Thief asterisk boss by capturing a bunch of minotaurs and just Brave x4 slamming those bitches on him one after another, easy 2-3k each.

Is it just me or is Elvis kinda poo poo at everything? His black magic is weak, his physical attacks are weak, he only really seems useful in jobs that don't scale on stats.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

stev posted:

This bard dude is destroying me. I feel like I just have to grind to stand a chance against his triple brave party wipes.

Level a freelancer up until you have the "Square One" ability (which removes all buffs from an enemy) and bravex4 that every time he sings, then make the rest of your party wreck them before he can sing again, and/or get a bunch of stones / other all enemy items from the shop and pelt them into the shadow realm. After they're dead, brave up to max, unload all your attacks on him, rinse and repeat until he dead.

Eopia posted:

Hey, so I never managed to get through Bravely Second and I kinda want to know what happens in it before I play this, does anyone know of any decent Let's Plays for it?

Have you played Undertale? If so, you've pretty much already seen the ending to Bravely Second.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Andrast posted:

Nope, identical stats this time around

(unless you have fed them those permanent stat boosts)

They scale differently with what job they have when they level up, don't they?
Most of the stat boosts I've gotten have been defensive or JP/EXP orbs, I can't come up with a reason otherwise why he does way less damage than everyone else across the board.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Yusin posted:

Do people recommend this game so far?

It is...

good

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

*beats 10,000hp out of boss in a couple of turns with focal blast and body slam*

my party: We're hardly doing any damage! Let's run away!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Wow Godspeed Strike is obscenely powerful, I almost singlehandedly destroyed the Archer asterisk with one character by doing a Brave x4 of it.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Any benefit of having Nintendo Online for this?

There's an online component that works while you have the game in sleep mode that randomly grants you permanent stat boosting items(which also works offline, but supposedly doesn't grant you as much loot), but that's it so far, they don't seem to have carried over Abilink or any of the other idle minigames from Bravely Default/Second, sadly.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hammer Bro. posted:

How do you even have that much mana?

I can usually only Godspeed Strike twice, maybe three times, a-fore I'm out.

Some accessories (and maybe other gear as well, I'm not sure) gives you a ton of MP, plus one of the job abilities makes you use 20% less MP.
Otherwise toss an ether in there somewhere as one of your actions.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Kyrosiris posted:

Finished off the true ending just shy of 40 hours on the clock. What a game. :allears: The shenanigans you can get up to with the endgame's features are just delightful.

I've been going around doing all the sidequests, identifying / trying to catch every monster, and trying to find treasure chests whenever possible and I'm at like 20 hours halfway through chapter 2, somehow. I guess that's how I'm mudstomping all the bosses so far that people ITT are having lots of trouble with.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Holy poo poo the artist asterisk VA is like no-budget '80s anime dub bad, really jarring considering most of the VA in this game is surprisingly not bad.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Black Mage is undertuned, and, honestly, magic just seems overall undertuned in this game compared to the "physical" jobs which get a wide variety of damaging abilities and status debuffs, combined with excellent stats.

yeah, some of the abilities you get are pretty nice but the job itself is hot trash

White Mage isn't bad and seems to scale pretty well on restorative power (plus useful as attack magic vs. undead), and it's handy to have one at least so you can do Auto-Heal since for some reason that requires a white mage and won't use healing items to refresh your party.

Beastmaster is the best mage by far, if you consider it a blue mage. The amount of murder power Banishra has from Petunias is ridiculous.

raditts fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 6, 2021

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

GreenBuckanneer posted:

OK, two hours in impressions:

So far I'm kind of disappointed but, also I like leveling up and equipping the job classes and the grind so far isn't horrible, I don't think I'm going to cut any more grass in the game ever.

Kinda feels like you spent more time writing this list than playing the game, maybe you should just play the game more.

If it helps, cutting grass is completely unnecessary beyond the first area, and really is only useful there because you might find more money in the grass than you would doing a few fights, and you might find an odd item that is expensive / isn't in the shops yet. Once you progress past the first area and can actually afford tents / inns after one or two battles, there's literally no reason to cut grass except if it's slowing you down to walk through it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Shame Boy posted:

The job abilities are automatically being used when you unlock them as long as you're using that job as your primary and you don't need to use points for it right? Something like Monk's bare handed attack bonus or the berzerker status negation for instance?

No, I think you have to equip the abilities no matter what. I know you do for bare knuckle brawler.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Same goes for the boat thing really.

Think I got less overall from my last 12 hour maxed trip than 2 fights overall.

The boat thing runs exclusively when you're not playing the game, how is that possibly a waste of your time?

... You're not literally avoiding playing the game in order to max it out, are you?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Srice posted:

I've been doing zero grinding and I've found it makes the boss fights challenging in an exciting way, and perfectly doable; at worst I wipe once and reconfigure my team setup to counter what they do.

I've been doing zero grinding except to occasionally farm a few monsters that would be handy for my beastmaster subs to use and I've walked through nearly every boss so far up through chapter 3. I've died to random trash mobs with cheap shot attacks like Thanatophobia more than bosses.

It was pretty funny going back to the gambler asterisk way later than I should have because I thought her BnD battle would be hard, and destroying her with Off the Chain / Off the Leash attacks in a single turn to where she did her 50% health cutscene after dying. Kinda feels at this point like I could just walk through the rest of the game on the power of thief and beastmaster alone.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Ojetor posted:

I've not really run into that problem. Yes, getting to a new area will have monsters glow scary red but then I gain one or two levels and it stops. That's a level curve that is right on point.

Someone mentioned this earlier but you really need one or two characters built for clearing random encounters. Berserker is great for this (strong physical AOEs) as is Monk (Pressure Point only costs BP and oneshots most monsters).

Unless you run from literally every encounter or are otherwise explicitly avoiding it, you should have at least one character maxed on Freelancer by the end of the prologue and all of them by the end of Chapter 1. Which means all your characters should have Body Slam available, which is effective for one-shotting trash mob enemies at least as far as chapter 3, but at that point you should have comparable abilities from other jobs that do way more damage for the same BP cost.

What was the boss everyone was talking about that some reviewer was saying was too difficult, by the way?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I’m about to start this game (Persona Strikers distracted me)

I’m a big big BD1 fan, but was a bit disappointed with the battle system in the demo - how are people finding it in the full game

I didn't play the bd2 demo but I like it just fine. I might even like it better, because it requires you to engage with the game more rather than just brainlessly setting speedx4/auto-battle, and I can't think of a situation where I would ever want random encounters over on-field enemies.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Srice posted:

In the red mage fight there's also a monster immune to physical attacks but I was able to immediately nuke it down with beastmaster captures. The idea that killing it would take an hour like that reviewer said, is absurd.

I think I know what they're talking about, but I wouldn't have even noticed if those monsters hadn't come back in the next boss fight, lol. I just melted all those things by Off The Chaining Petunias into them, and I think they were still vulnerable to Pressure Point but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Complaints like that are honestly silly when you not only have an easily purchased item to show you enemy stats and weaknesses, it's also literally the first skill you get in the game. Almost as though the game wants you to use it.

stev posted:

What if you actually used the jobs the game gave you instead of levelling freelancer like a drat chump?

I don't know what you think you're accomplishing with this weird attempt at a flex, but in the prologue you scarcely have enough jobs to go around without doubling up (which would be an incredibly loving stupid thing to do) and by the end of the first chapter you should be able to cycle everyone through in between mastering other available jobs. Not to mention that mastering freelancer helps you master other jobs much faster. But then, I'm not the one complaining about how hard the bosses allegedly are so what the gently caress do I know

raditts fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Mar 7, 2021

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

"Hmm, think I'll try cutting this bush in this cemetary and see if I get an item--"
*screen blurs, boss music starts*
*two party members dead before I have a chance to act*
:wth:

stev posted:

Lmao the story just forced me to run away from the beefcake at the beginning of chapter 2 but I was quite easily smashing the poo poo out of him.

Same thing happened to me, I had the sidekick monster down and he was down to half health, if I had another turn I could have killed them both. on my next playthrough I wanna try just grinding everyone to level 99 before the scripted chapter 1 battle and see if I can break the scripts.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

fadam posted:

Minor Chapter 1 spoilers: any tips for a yung hitta trying to beat Shirley in BnD

I've been smashing all opponents so far with these cards that can be obtained from C-rankers
Killer Ant
Wolf (alternately, Flannacotta)
Gelaflan
Vespa
Orc
Horten

Use Gelaflan and Killer Ant to take one / both of the top corners, use Horten to capture opponent squares (since instead of wiping out squares you neutralize, it turns them to your color instead), and use the others to fill in the gaps to make big blocks up against the edges of the board so you can't get flanked, or to flank opponent squares.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Does the Beastmaster ability that increases your stats based on number of monsters captured mean number of unique monsters or number total?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Kinda wish they had an option to turn off voices in battle only, I'm getting kinda tired of hearing the same things over and over, especially that weird "YA-HAR" thing Seth does sometimes. Also my children have started walking about the house randomly saying "WATS NEXT A WUNDAH!"

Seth was enjoying that :420:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

^burtle posted:

My wife was merciless with the dialogue lines from XBC2. She still asks for local snacks.

What is it with JRPGs with voice lines in battle and everyone constantly screaming over one another / occasionally themselves somehow, anyway? I remember Star Ocean 2 being the first game I noticed it in and I hated it so much that I never finished that game.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why would it possibly be implemented like this? :psyduck:

But now I know to check my settings every time I log 12 hours of sailing, at least.

Probably because of the goofy way the switch handles online connectivity, where certain things function one way when and only when connectivity is on and another way when and only when it's off, and ne'er the twain shall meet.
So it probably has to do that in order for your boat trip to continue running if your internet connection gets cut off. That's my guess anyway, since it hasn't happened to me.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like this Beastmaster second specialty was not created with the assumption that people would be giving 3/4 of their party Beast Whisperer. Anyone with Beastmaster maxed is ludicrously overpowered with it (more than double as strong as any other party member who isn't a maxed Beastmaster) and I've steamrolled the last couple bosses I've encountered as a result.

In the (Chapter 2) Archer fight I also noticed that the boss's add was weak to Light, so I looked through my beast collection and found one that casts Banishra. I used Off The Chain with it and it did 8000 damage.

Yeah, that would be the Petunias, they trivialize pretty much every boss in chapter 2. I think they're your only way of inflicting non-healing light damage at that point.
Can you tell if the second specialty is based on unique monsters or total overall captured? I asked a few pages back but nobody answered.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 9, 2021

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

What's up with the battle music change in Chapter 4? It makes it sound like every battle is a boss battle. I don't like it, give me my regular battle music back.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

everyone stop right now, because I've realized something and I might be a huge dumbass

I turned my Switch back on and was greeted with messages along the top of my screen describing exploration rewards, while not on the exploration screen

you can just turn the mode on at a boat place and then leave and it'll run whenever you do put your Switch on sleep mode, I think

I had definitely thought you had to hit the grandma up every time you were done playing

I thought that at first too, but nope, whenever you put the switch into sleep mode, Seth runs off and hops on a boat for some side adventures

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Inflammatory posted:

i've been wondering, do beastmaster monster skills actually scale with your stats? because it feels like they don't.

I don't think they do, but it seems like there's always at least one monster you can farm in the dungeon before each boss that you can OTC to do 9999 damage.

Man there are so many jobs in this game I already completely forgot beastmaster was a thing and I was so excited to use them

Also, I got my thief to level 9, and Godspeed Strike feels like someone left it in by mistake. Why does this do like 5x more damage than everything else I have then it does it again. I like figuring out game winning combos in these games but this just feels like a win button

Godspeed Strike feels like cheating and I love it

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hammer Bro. posted:

It did not occur to me that you could do this.

Of course this is also one of those games where I'll spend all my time unlocking all the various jobs just in case I want to use them and by the time I have all of them fully unlocked I'll be done playing the game.

Imagine if this took the BotW approach and said, "Here are all the jobs and abilities. Go bongos."

Probably wouldn't retain people for as long but man would the discovery period be intense.

if they did that you'd have people in this thread still in the first area of Chapter 1 trying to grind out every job

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm only in chapter 6 so I can't speak to the very endgame, but for me the counter system basically degenerated from a few early fights where avoiding the counters made things easier to completely ignoring them by the midgame. Maybe it will come back for the ball crunching endgame optional stuff, but by that point you would be so overpowered and optimized yourself that maybe not. Counters that do physical damage have a skill that cancels them out (kinda lame it's so mandatory but hey it works), +BP counters are basically just a fact of life, and magical counters can actually put some pressure on you but are also not that common.

Actually designing your party to avoid the counters for any given boss is maybe possible but so arduous in practice (especially when the counters change in each phase) that I just can't see it being what they had in mind for normal play.

It's a weirdly done mechanic to be sure, I don't see how anyone would prefer it over the BD1 style, but it kinda fades as an issue once you accept it

You can guarantee avoiding counters by using the hilariously broken Beastmaster abilities, the only downside is having to farm the monsters you need but it seems like anything that casts either dark magic or light magic can do a 9999 on any enemy. Doing every battle with the aim of capturing as many monsters as possible does mitigate it a bit though, as well as making battles somewhat more challenging and engaging.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Inflammatory posted:

oh my god i found the quest log. go into the travelogue and press x. it doesn't tell you about any quests you might've missed, but at least you can switch the active objectives.

It tells you this all the time on the loading screens

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So I unlocked a job that has Sub Job BP Saver

I haven't gotten the skill yet but... this means 1BP skills are free? Aren't there 1 BP skills that give your party members BP? Also 1BP Skills that do loads of damage?

This seems really good

I'm in Chapter 3 at the moment and really enjoying how it feels my job combos are clicking but there is a LOT of dungeons and combat. Like if you do not want to actively engage in difficult JRPG combat do not play this game. I take a lot of breaks

Reducing 1bp skills to 0bp just means you won't be using an extra bp on top of the one for your turn. So you can bump someone else up to 3bp by braving 3 times but they still results in that character being at -3

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

Something feels tonally strange about how loving awful the villains are in most of the earlier chapters (and maybe latter ones too, but I'm only at Chapter 4). Like the bad guys do stuff that is disturbingly brutal in a way that sort of clashes with a lot of the rest of the game's tone.

Like in chapter 3 Gladys is not even remotely a sympathetic figure; she's basically like a Sonderkommando except arguably worse.

I dunno, I kinda like the aspect of how the asterisks are distributed based on each recipient's needs and desires gone unmet, and twists those character traits to bring out the worst in them. I guess we never see that in the player characters because they're chosen by the crystals and are pure of heart or something.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Kin posted:

I'm still in the early game (just got the bard) and i'm just wondering if there are any broken skill combinations to aim for just now?

Not so much broken skill combinations at that point as there are just plain broken skills. I don't think you have any of them yet if you just got the bard, but you will soon.

quote:

I've just about got everyone to max level for freelancer to maximise the JP gain, so now i'm just looking for general broken combinations now.

Also, is forage the way to make money at the point? So far the stuff i've gotten back from it doesn't really sell for much from what i've seen. Am i just supposed to sit in a fight and spam it until i have 99 of the item to sell or something?

I've got like 60 hours clocked and I think I'm near the end of Chapter 5 and I have never needed nor felt the need to grind for money past the prologue, as long as you're not running away from like every fight you'll probably have all the money you need to get all the items / gear you need, and that will only increase the further along you go and the more battles pay out.

quote:

Oh and do the rewards from the idle ship thing scale? I've had a couple of 12 hour stints with it so far and the large EXP orbs have helped bump a character up a few levels but 10,000 exp probably isn't much from level 98 to 99.

It doesn't seem so, no. What you get seems to be luck of the draw.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Caidin posted:

I mean, Glenn and Martha are right there in line before her and they are functional sane individuals, and dudes like Orpheus or Horten didn't actually need their asterisks to be fuckers. I think guys like Castor maybe were victims of their job but all I think it really gave them was the muscle to get away with being shitlords.

Glenn and Martha weren't given their asterisks by Edna though, Glenn got it from a former Warrior of Light and Martha got hers from... the dragon? I guess? And it seems they both earned them as a result of selflessness and using them to take care of and protect others (same with Elvis and his black mage asterisk, really.)

And Castor was absolutely a self-serving fucker on the level of Horten and Orpheus. I doubt Horten could kick rear end like he did without the Monk asterisk, and Orpheus was just a wandering hobo after he got booted out of Musa. They all wanted to snatch up power through treachery before they got the asterisks though, and the asterisks amplified that part of them.

The only other exceptions were Anihal (who just wanted to protect her animal friends) and Lonsdale (whose actions were honor bound)

raditts fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 16, 2021

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I... may have captured a lot of monsters.
(spoilered for jobs in later chapters)

I've been trying to max out all the classes as I go through incidental battles just to keep things interesting, but I decided to see how this setup with Thief subclass would work against one of the Chapter 5 bosses.
It didn't make it past two characters doing 4x Godspeed Strikes.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Pollyanna posted:

The Berserker has worse base defense and chance of being targeted than the Vanguard, is it really meant to be a tank at all?

What about the berserker class suggests to you that it's meant to be a tank? There's like three tank classes and the game isn't exactly subtle about what they are.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Godspeed Strike is a level 9 ability, it's crazy. That one alone will carry you through most of the game until eventually Ninefold Flurry knocks it out of the park. At no point does magic feel like it catches up, unfortunately... even now when I can do things like chainspell big spells for upwards of 8,000 damage or whatever, a single Ninefold Flurry can deal 30,000+ damage. It's ridiculous how off the scaling is.

It's kind of astonishing how trash attack magic is, like it wasn't great in Default/Second but it was useful for the first few hours while it's basically worthless from the start in this, especially when you can get the same spells from beastmaster captures that will do 9999+ when casted from a job ability. Even in the prologue chapter you're better off using attack items than attack magic, items fall off pretty quick too but at least you can make them useful again later with job abilities.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Personally most of the challenge has come from me trying to beat the bosses while also getting all that JP. Every boss I was stuck on Im sure I could have used my mastered classes to get through easily but gotta be earning JP forever

I spent like half an hour trying to beat Edna with job classes I wanted to level up only to find that that battle doesn't give you any exp/jp/pg at all :rubshands:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Kin posted:

I've barely even used the beast tamer job yet, i didn't know your stats go up by capturing more.

How does it work, like is it based on unique monsters captured or just total volume and is there a way to see what you have or haven't captured?

I'm still just on chapter 2 and having a hard time with bosses like the archer because i've maybe not grinded enough for certain job classes. Plus with so many moves for so many jobs it's hard to tell what i can use to just be consistently godly.

Like from reading the last page, Godspeed strike breaks the game in your favour? I've been using vangaurd on everyone to get the double axe attack for about 300 damage per attack but it's not really cutting it against the general enemies in that forest even at level 22.

It's the secondary specialty ability you get when you level up Beastmaster to level 12, and you need to have Beastmaster as your primary job in order to get the effect. According to someone else when I asked earlier in the thread it's based on total monsters, up to a total of 99 for each unique monster in the game, and it doesn't decrease when you use a monster. Unfortunately, the only way to see what monsters you have, to my knowledge, is to look at the list that pops up when you use the Off the Leash / Off the Chain abilities in battle, which are sorted by the last unique monster you caught and are a nightmare to scroll through.

I know some people have already mentioned job combos that can basically give you unlimited BP, but I'm stomping my way through the game easily enough without going out of my way to make gamebreaking teams. But yes, Godspeed Strike pretty much liquifies bosses through much of the game, the only exceptions being the rare boss / trash mob enemies that have counters that open you up to instakill moves or getting combo'd to death if you run your BP into the negative.

raditts fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 19, 2021