Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
So I got the game because of a youtube video series. Loving it so far but making money seems... very difficult? Caravans and workshops seem to make almost no profit at all. Also how important are skills like trade, blacksmith, steward etc for the player character? I'm getting conflicting info from googling and I'd rather have some direct feedback.

I know you can get companions to learn any skill to accompany yours but they need to level up first after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

FrickenMoron posted:

So I got the game because of a youtube video series. Loving it so far but making money seems... very difficult? Caravans and workshops seem to make almost no profit at all. Also how important are skills like trade, blacksmith, steward etc for the player character? I'm getting conflicting info from googling and I'd rather have some direct feedback.

I know you can get companions to learn any skill to accompany yours but they need to level up first after all.

Anyone?
Also how does the game decide which troops to take with you on those "ambush" missions?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Any way to support a faction in the early game? I pledged to one in a mercenary contract and theyre getting their rear end kicked for whatever reason by just one enemy nation.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

LLCoolJD posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/186

Be sure to manually unblock every .dll file. This mod makes most perks actually work.

For money early on, I bet on myself at every tournament I come across. I trade. I max out my workshops. Ransom prisoners. If you are really desperate, you can do as many arena fights as you want.

The money comes easier once you are a vassal and can engage as many enemy lords as you choose. The ransom/loot from those engagements is very lucrative.

As far as perks go, I'd choose riding, bow, some kind of melee weapon (two-handed, ideally) as well as leadership. Trade is a good one to develop also.

I've not tried tactics, so I can't speak to that.

Why the gently caress are so many perks broken if theyre easily fixed by the community in a patch? jeez.

Another dumb noob question, the game says someone wanderer hero (recruitable, right?) is staying at a certain town / was last seen there but I can't find them anywhere, checked all the buildings. I want to recruit them for their steward/trade skills.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Seems like the game has spawned zero companions with the tactics skill in my game... means i cant do any of the bandit camp missions passively? How do you even level tactics for them.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I actually decided to do a bit more of the "main quest" and now i have to raid a bandit hideout to get more banner pieces... except the game crashes as soon as my party is near the hideout. Any fixes? Google shows that earlier versions had a hideout crash related to a trade perk but thats not the case for me.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
So I played around 20 hours of a Khuzait Campaign so far. I wonder, how do you ever catch up with enemies without the massive amount of cavalry / horse archers when playing armies of other factions?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I joined Sturgia this time around. Their infantry is absolutely beastly, I tried Battania but aside from Fians all their units seem INCREDIBLY poo poo?! Terrible armor and offense. Sturgia mainly seems to get its poo poo kicked in because their lands are so spread out and snow travel + forest is slow as poo poo. I managed to patch the worst holes against Vlandia and other areas so far, but my rear end in a top hat leader refuses to hand over any city I conquer to me. As revenge I revoked all policies that help him and enacted one that makes the clan ruler lose influence every day.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Strangely Battania is blooming in this game, they arent at var with Vlandia and just one imperial faction thats getting bullied by everyone. Sturgia has been at war with Vlandia and Khuzaits, but only one at a time luckily. I'd very much like the upper right corner but I can't get the votes to hand over the town/castle to me with influence.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
How do i actually get ANYONE to join my Kingdom? If I pass the talk check with someone 600k denars barely move their bar to 10%. I managed to snag 1 town and 2 castles from sturgia under them by waiting for enemies to take them over then attack them once the sturgians took them back with a tiny garrison in them then bribing my way into peace each time. My 600~ Men with all 4 parties can only go so far though.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I got one to join and they leave the very next day, don't even have a chance to give them a fief. This is just goddamn broken in its current state.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The telepathy mod glitched out in my game, I managed to clone my spouse 2 times so now I have 3 of her in my army. I was confused why she was running a party, was in my party and also a governor in my castle, so I disbanded the party and told her to join my party 2 times.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
How much is the AI cheating anyways in terms of influence etc? I'm trying to dismantle Sturgia, they somehow have the funds/influence to hire 8 minor clans on their payroll with only one city left.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Aserai have the best archer in the game thats not the fian champion, their cav is good and the rest of their line is pretty meh. I think its mostly the cav/archer mix thats an issue.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You gotta be loving kidding me. I can't create my own kingdom and complete the quest because creating your own kingdom unticks the "be an independent clan" requirement.

Happened to me too, I just let it time out.

Speaking of, don't bother making a kingdom without the "clans dont leave" mod. Even if you can persuade anyone to join you they will leave 1 day later because you're so weak on the power scale.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Shear Modulus posted:

lol the new patch apparently has a bug where when you siege any castle or town and start the battle the defenders join your side and you instantly win

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/siege-enemy-army-joins-your-side-from-the-start-immediate-victory.427875/

It's worse. Any miltia troops are side swapped. If you try to defend a village against the deserters the militia will join the raiders in the battle itself. Have they tested this poo poo at all?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Tree Bucket posted:

On this note, my previous run-through had this weird bug where the same three villages would constantly offer the Extortion By Deserters quest. I mean it was a great source of income, but I felt kind of bad for the world's unluckiest peasants...

Any NPC offering this quest will offer it again X days later, its really that simple.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

marshmallow creep posted:

Yeah, when they announced this game, I only had two kids. My third child is 7 now. He may be in high school by the time this is "done."

Will it finish before Starsector or Star Citizen though? Or Kenshi 2?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

TropicalCoke posted:

Is the leveling system still completely broken? I haven't played since march

Levels now depend on xp gained instead of skill points gained, so you basically never run into a situation where you can't level up really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Last time I played was around 0.8, I want to jump back into the release.
Any must have mods that make the core gameplay more fun/interesting? Since I doubt that changed much from EA.