Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

IGgy IGsen

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
hello byob how are you doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen

IGgy IGsen

Goodnight RARITYMANIACS and jabronie marks without a life that don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot,marks

IGgy IGsen

SANADA wears a mask for his entrance but not during the match which, I'm pretty sure, means he's a coward.

IGgy IGsen

Rarity posted:

How does the vibe with BUSHI who wears 3 masks for his entrance and 1 for his match

drat, I forgot how cool BUSHI is. He's got it made and spends his cash on cool gear and masks masks masks. He's the ideal wrestler.

IGgy IGsen

How good is she at Tetris?

IGgy IGsen

more falafel please posted:

my v's are not that consummate sorry

I love it, don't sell yourself short.

IGgy IGsen

a cyborg mug posted:

You gotta fang before you bang imho but you might have a different experience

I agree with this. But it's a pretty old-school way of thinking. I like to stay open-minded so whether the vampire warriors are fanging and banging or banging and fanging ultimately doesn't matter. It's just the new school vs. the old school.

IGgy IGsen

Speaking of great wrestler instagrams I can also wholeheartedly recommend Minoru Suzuki's instagram.

It's a mix of shoes, socks, One Piece merch, coffee, watches and sometimes there's even something wrestling related.

IGgy IGsen

take the moon posted:

pro wrestling is good

no wrestling fan would ever say this.

Not that there's anything wrong with not being a wrestling fan. In fact there's many things right with it.

IGgy IGsen

My recommendation one of my actually favorite wrestlers: Orange Cassidy. I feel like he'd fit in perfectly here as well.

IGgy IGsen

It's just all of the best friends sharing an account.

IGgy IGsen

Some wrestlers of legend have worn khakis, especially in the 2000s. So I'd say yes.

IGgy IGsen

If the last thing I see in life is Minoru Suzuki's killer smile then I can die happy.

IGgy IGsen

kayfabe has 2 shoot syllables but 69 work syllables.

IGgy IGsen

Okay, I think I'll hitch a ride I was headed to the imp zone anyway.

IGgy IGsen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpsbj0OoeNo

IGgy IGsen

I couldn't even get off. Am I now in BYOB forever?

IGgy IGsen

Goons Are Great posted:

We were invited before, I asked their bosses, we wanted to try this and they didn't like us, oh well! It actually went a bit better than what I feared, so this is not a failure. I will, however, not answer their calls again :colbert:

What if they ask real nice?

okay

IGgy IGsen

cruft posted:

I'm going to be completely honest here, this whole thing flew over my head. I feel like there was some sort of back-channel conversation amongst the mods where they were quickly able to determine "this isn't going to work", because from my perspective it was just a few emptyquotes of a funny screenshot on the "oh no what is this" joke.

I'm not disagreeing in any way with how that went down, I'm just trying to express my bewildered awe at the speed and decisiveness.

Yeah, I dunno I'm a bit disappointed. I had video game gifs and everything ready.

I was gonna make a joke about sticking the landing with this here once things had settled.

Oh, I guess it still kinda fits.

IGgy IGsen

Just roll the dice, imo.

IGgy IGsen

The poor folks in CQS could need some good times right now. They've been yelling at mods in a single thread for over a day now.

But they'd probably yell at us too.

IGgy IGsen

Rarity posted:

Isn't this what they do every day?

Yeah. But not this loud.

IGgy IGsen

Loving all the progress we're making on drugs.

IGgy IGsen

Oh nice LP! Another one of my home forums

IGgy IGsen

Fun fact: for a long time I posted only in LP and I probably got like 9000 of my 4000 posts here.

IGgy IGsen

nut posted:

In another life, I posted in LP. I even may have done an LP :twisted:.

LP is cool and good and i will still never forget the og Geop dark souls lps or MDickie wrestling LPs which were also incredible

Geop's Dark Souls LP is an LP of legend. He's actually been doing Dark Souls II for the last five years. I'm not even kidding. That's how long it's been going.

IGgy IGsen

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I heard that way back when dark souls was new someone tried to do an LP and they were doing some yet-unheard-of speedrun strats, running past enemies, dashing for specific weapons, etc, and the LP thread got closed for not doing it right. Is that real and if so does anyone have a link because i want to see

I think that would have been celebrated more than anything.
Unless it did some of the arbitrary things you were not allowed to do at the time for no other reason than some ancient goon decree'd so.

The LP Forum has become much more open minded over the years.

IGgy IGsen

frankenfreak posted:

I remember watching that for a long time, onion and all. :psyduck:
Well, it's active again now, so if you need something to watch you'll probably have a couple of hours worth of videos. They're currently going through the DLCs.

IGgy IGsen

Jossar posted:

Hello, BYOB visitors!

I think over the years we've gotten more chill about most of the rules for doing an LP, though I spent a lot of that time lurking, so I can't confirm from first hand experience. Unless you count being able to get away with hijacking someone else's LP thread to finish an LP of the game (with their permission) as "experience."

Hijacking LP threads is a proud tradition of LP, even the grandmod of LP Dawn, slowbeef, did it.

Yeah, LP definitely got more chill over time. There were a lot of arbitrary don'ts in the rules not too many years back but there were much more in the beginning. At the time there was a reason to do it that way but some of these conventions remained for longer than they needed to.

Now LP is one of the few sane subforums on SA.

IGgy IGsen

cruft posted:

These folks seem a lot more chill than the Imp Zone.

I still want to know what we're gonna play, though. Unless... we're already playing it? :iiam:

If you're here you're already playing because LP always be playing.

IGgy IGsen

First time I posted in the sandcastle they told me I suck even though I ruled.

IGgy IGsen

Rarity posted:

The one time I tried to make an LP everyone in the sandcastle told me it sucked and I never tried again :(

I remember these dark days too. Today they mostly just go :justpost: almost to a fault. But I prefer that to discouraging people from doing a thing that's supposed to be fun.

IGgy IGsen

I never made a single edit in my LPs it just magically arranged itself that way after uploading.

IGgy IGsen

Which one is the floor with the plants and birds? That one seems like I'd be nice to just hang out in.

IGgy IGsen

I could go for a taco right about now.

IGgy IGsen

At least slowbeef re-uploaded his stuff from Google Video to Youtube after a few years. Which is good because he made one of the five legendary LPs and otherwise it would be lost to time forever.

IGgy IGsen

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

what are the five legendary LPs

The Oregon Trails one that started it all, slowbeef's The Immortal LP because it was the first proper video LP and then three others. But one of them is probably Minesweeper

IGgy IGsen

Dip Viscous posted:

i still refer to one that missile tank in super metroid as the "good luck missile"

Me too. One of the single best moments of that Super Metroid LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen