Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I was just outside walking doggo BYOB Was nice and she liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin

Qwezz posted:

Hey TGO! hope you are doing fine.

How many frogs do you encounter 'out there'? Are they big? Do they Croak? Hit me up with knowledge!

*gently urges own frog colony out of the spaceship to hippity and hoppity*

I saw about 4 toads on my last hike in the mountains a few days ago

Bilirubin

Yay heat advisory is gone!

I'm going to go golfing in a bit. Outside even!

Bilirubin

Goons Are Great posted:

So, my goon outsiders, our journey into the dangerous world of the not inside is getting to an end, space is calling us! The ultimate outside.
Any requests where you want to go next? Where's the next distress call located and what adventure do we want to go on?

Come hang in CSPAM

Bilirubin

FluffieDuckie posted:

Dibs on the white cheddar

I just ate mine. But good news, there is more!

Hoping to see where they keep the nuclear wessels on this here trip

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
Bilirubin

RickRogers posted:

Did Tycho Brahe really lose his nose in a duel, because someone called him a "big space-wuss"?

and did he really die because of a pee overdose?

Bilirubin

So, what do the great space space posters have to say about all that

Bilirubin

a whole lot of great bugs and even spiders ITT, which close up look a lot less creepy and disturbing as I usually find them. Well done photographer goons!

Bilirubin

Prof. Crocodile posted:

spaceship takin off again!

spaaaaaaaaceshiiiiiiiiiiip!

Ahhhhhhhh

Wait photo dudes, my od Nikon D200 is hella old, do I upgrade the sensor or just get a new body?

Bilirubin

Hi car guys!

So my partner has mobility issues, and we have had a Toyota Matrix because it is super easy for her to get in and out of for the past...forever, wow its old. But now its starting to show its age and I need to find another vehicle that is similarly easy to get in an out of. Think, swing your legs over, and stand, voila you are out! No climbing up or down.

What would you suggest?

(Also lol the tilt steering lock just broke, that's going to be a fun one to fix!)

Bilirubin

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

hello yobbos welcome back!

the good news for you is that the trend in cars has been away from low slung sedans, coupes, wagons and such and towards CUVs with high hip points. they're a lot easier to get in and out of. the normal recommendations are things like the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, and Mazda CX-5. Those are readily available both new and used and are basically the go-to recommendations for non-car people. (I assume you are a non car person because you haven't expressed too much preference other than ingress/egress)

Cool thanks for this. Gives me a good starting place. I previously had a Corolla but that was so low to the ground that when we rented a Matrix and felt the difference we bought one like month later. Would the Nissan Rogue/Quashquai or whatever the gently caress they call it also fall out in this range?

I am no car person but my Toyotas have been worry free dependable workhorses that just work. It just needs to be able to fit my mountain bike and skis in it with the rear seats down.

Ventral EggSac posted:

Makes sense. In the early 90s my mom bought a Toyota pickup truck that had been used by a carpenter to haul wood in the 80s. She drove till maybe 2007? I have a 2006 matrix now and was wondering how long I might be able to drive it for - no real complaints so far.

Mine is a 2007 but I am starting to get frame rust that leaks water into the compartment. It got beat to hell on by a hail story some time back. Fortunately it doesn't rain much here B)

Bilirubin

got off on a technicality posted:

maybe consider one size smaller because Matrix? Honda HR-V, Toyota CH-R, Mazda CX-30, etc

oh cool thanks for this too!

Bilirubin

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

are you in Europe or some other place (guessing based on Qashqai)? that changes things considerably if so.

the rogue in the NA market is only worth buying if you need a 84 month note with a really terrible credit score

Canada.

I asked because no one recommended a Nissan and as I recall from searching last time a decade ago they had issues with frame rust is all

Bilirubin

Elmnt80 posted:

Serious suggestion, check out a Kia Soul. The old folks here absolutely adore them because of the easy entry egress and they're a pretty close match in height to the matrix's seating position. The car goons that have been around them will also attest to their reliability.

Oh heya Elmnt80! Grooon shirts!

We rented one of those one time when my car was in the shop (got hit by a boat in the middle of the prairie--long story) and I recall she mentioned it was no problem getting in and out! thanks for reminding me. Payload might be a tad small but its on the list!

Bilirubin

There is always something new with every watch

Bilirubin

Twenty Four posted:

This truck probe was super cool to me because a Toyota truck was my first car/truck.

Oooo first cars. I had for my first a 1973 Chevy Caprice Classic. Coup, beige with a white top, 2.25 tons of steel and it was like 3.5 feet longer than my dads '84 Ford Fairmont 4 door station wagon. Thing drove like a boat on low idle. Loved that thing until the oil pan gasket blew on the highway and welp

Bilirubin

Raluek posted:

putting a sedan or coupe in places normally accessed only by hardcore offroad vehicles is cool as hell. ya done good

FB friend has been posting pictures of him off roading in the west in a Prius, you do you OP

Bilirubin

UnknownTarget posted:

What's BYOB stand for?

Bring your own BYOB

TRUprt

Bilirubin

Bilirubin

Free Last Girl

Also lmao I forgot about the peaches

Bilirubin

Flavius Aetass posted:

Tito was DIY

Trotsky was Coupons

Would this make Che QCS then?

Bilirubin

Flavius Aetass posted:

Please don't post horny itt, the C-SPAM boys become... unmanageable

Bilirubin

ArmZ posted:

how many times a day do you say PRUMT and how loud do you say it

I say it LOUD 2 hours every day including warm down

Bilirubin

Ventral EggSac posted:

I was asleep in the vents so I missed all that, I'm down for qcs or imp or anyhting

not driving angry

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Bilirubin

wait if this is a war ship did it recently travel to Coupons & Deals?

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Bilirubin

sigs

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Bilirubin

Posting pals

Bilirubin

:tinylue:

Bilirubin

one one oh one

Bilirubin

take the moon posted:

drat if u spell EVOL backwards u get love

its a conspiracy

its true, I do love that album, just listened to it last week!

Bilirubin

Whoa hey UFO I was just in here askin about where I can get a nice leather knife sheath made for this antique I have had forever, can I get a ride home from you?

Bilirubin

Cyrano4747 posted:

I mean, you can, but I think these BYOB people are just kinda hanging out now.

If you really need a ride home I can phone a couple other subs I know and see if I can get you a lift.

Post in A/T much?

Yeah from time to time.

I'm in no rush though, I can chill until whenever

Bilirubin

Rarity posted:

Yes my orb, pull up a chair and join the chill zone!

:yayclod:

Bilirubin

nesamdoom posted:

While we're still chilling in TFR(such gracious hosts:cheersbird:) I wanna ask an open question for people of what is the most ridiculous or strange thing you've shot? I suppose that could be the target or implement.
I've shot a bunch of household appliances but other than that it's been animals or targets/cans. Pretty standard midwest poo poo shooting rifles, shotguns, and a few handguns the weirdest is a 25 which just didn't really feel like anything.

Not shot and not strange and not me, but a chipmunk/gopher. A teammate on the golf team got it in his head to chuck a pitching wedge at one, and actually hit it. I still feel bad for it like 35 years later but it was an impressive one in a million toss, and even got good backspin on it.

Bilirubin

oh hey hi spaceship!

Bilirubin

cruft posted:

Hi, Bilirubin, I had a Navajo taco for dinner. Have you ever had a Navajo taco?

I have! Although I have usually had fry bread with pemmican

Bilirubin

just poured a nice tall glass of Talisker, and now I am about to savor the wonders of Skye

Bilirubin

lumpentroll posted:

does the ufo thread know about this?

the UFO thread is all knowing

(an Admin posts there)

Bilirubin

sup Yob? Sorry I've not been posting lately but *waves generally at everything*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin