Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anukahn
Jul 22, 2006

My brain hurts
For context, I do some freelance film distribution in my country, thus listed as contact in some pages for filmakers.

Received this mail below and I'm too scared to open the video link myself. It gets weirder and weirder and definitely creepy by the end. (Links not posted unless a mod says it's fine to post them due either Files or... you'll see). Bold mine, not his.

I preventively reported it online in some French Department website (https://www.internet-signalement.gouv.fr/PortailWeb/planets/Accueil!input.action, not the website you expected to be on the forefront of online crime on 2020) due the last paragraph in the mail, but as I'm not going to open the video myself not sure if I should keep finding places where to report this for different polices to look through it or if I'm exagerating and what is written here sounds completely harmless and I'm making them lose time.

Hello,

Last January, I finished the feature film “The Lost Paradise” (96'), with an eminently premonitory title, considering what we have to live now… This film, based on archival documents (super 8, VHS), is in accordance with a feeling, growing stronger among the public, of nostalgia for happier times, definitively lost, as we become aware of in this period of confinement.

When the present crisis is over, it is exactly this kind of film that will bring the public back in theaters, public which will have few interest in films of violence or sex or police. You will better understand after watching the film. It can be very profitable for a distributor because it can be screened week after week.

I had thought of inviting you during a screening at Cannes, but it seems to be fairly compromised… Also, I invite you to watch this film with your family, by connecting the computer to the TV, and discuss about it afterwards, between parents and children. And you will have the "excuse" that it is teleworking ...

Viewing link: (removed), with password: (removed)

To save a premiere at Cannes, I only offered this film at festivals taking place in the second semester. However, 3 festivals have already announced that this film will be selected, and even awarded:

~ Mindfield - Albuquerque (Bronze Award)
~ Royal Wolf - Los Angeles (Best Feature Documentary) (see attachment)
~ Vegas CineFest

Other festivals have downright themselves asked for the film, aware that it corresponds to the expectations of the public…

These archives are all what remains of a happy time when we could still take care of children.

Since the Dutroux affair in Belgium, it is now impossible, and even forbidden…

All my life, cats, dogs, came to me so that I take care of them and love them.
And also tens of children came naturally to me wherever I lived, in houses or boats.
I fortunately thought of photographing them or filming them, but not all of them, far from it.
The meetings lasted from one single day to sometimes more than 10 years!
These images of complicity with these endearing children would obviously be unthinkable today ... This magical era is definitely over ...
Fortunately, there remains us the cats ... until one day it would be forbidden to love them, too!
Moms cats bring me their babies ... and leave them!

But one day I will meet again the little Leon, Michel, Didier, Nadine, Alex, the dogs Mirabelle and Rocky, and all my adorable cats ... In a Next World, where they patiently are waiting for me, and where to love them will no longer be considered a crime against humanity ...

A rare documentary for all the nostalgic people of that time, and for those too young to have known it.

PS: the picture of the teenager imitating a baby on his sheepskin and sent by him to thousands of people to provoke them, can be removed if it is a big problem ...

So, dunno, GBS, can you help me with links where to report this other than the one I found/have you ever encountered somebody this weird exposing themselves to complete strangers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Think you've got a duty to forward it to the police.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Anukahn posted:

So, dunno, GBS, can you help me with links where to report this other than the one I found/have you ever encountered somebody this weird exposing themselves to complete strangers?

*Looks around at the R/eddit tales thread, the Webcomics thread, the Deviantart thread, and every other thread dealing with internet weirdos*

Can't say I have, OP.

E: yes also forward it to the police.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is the creepy guy sending creepy mail the same person that tried doing a genuine 2019 GBS solicitation thread about reddit but with videos and "we DO NOT ban or restrict content if it is legal."?

If you missed it

Anukahn
Jul 22, 2006

My brain hurts

EorayMel posted:

Is the creepy guy sending creepy mail the same person that tried doing a genuine 2019 GBS solicitation thread about reddit but with videos and "we DO NOT ban or restrict content if it is legal."?

If you missed it

That page looks way too much professional for "my" crazy guy.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Reply with goatse, and also report to police

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
please do not ever post the links

Dwarf Named Magnus
Jul 27, 2019
*looks up Dutroux affair*

yeah, inform the police

also

My Spirit Otter posted:

please do not ever post the links

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Images of complicity seems like a good thread subtitle?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

You made a wise move in not opening the video.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

RepeatingMeme posted:

Reply with goatse, and also report to police

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

You made a wise move in not opening the video.

or as it will soon be known "Exhibit A"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm glad you sent this to the police because this guy is 100% an abusive pedophile.

Unrelated:

EorayMel posted:

If you missed it

lol I just checked this guy's site and it's still empty.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
He seems really cool, you should be his friend.

Anukahn
Jul 22, 2006

My brain hurts
Thanks for reaffirming everybody finds this scary, will report back if I ever hear back or the guy appears in Mindhunter season 3. Open for ways to report this other than the french interpol link from the op if somebody was ever in my position, googling "report child abuse online" is kind of miserable experience too.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Consider sending a tip to the FBI. I know this is a French thing but the FBI does a ton of cybercrime work and get called in to consult on international cases so even they can’t do anything themselves they would probably be able to forward the tip to relevant persons.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
"since <this 31-year-old incident> it [interacting 1-on-1 with children] is now impossible"
"All my life... tens of children came naturally to me wherever I lived, in houses or boats."

These two statements are not compatible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Edit: misread the post and then the joke didnt work.