Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Flimf posted:

Well you can get shards for them from the next FFT banner thats ongoing on the jp server right now, so it's not a complete loss.

There is 40 for sale in the FFT 2 shop in JP. Orlandu, Ramza, and the FFT1 vision card don't have any banner on which they are rate up. Ramza and Orlandu can show up in the normal shop / whimsy, but they have no meaningful rate up to show up in them. Bottom line, you ain't get any meaningful amount of shards outside of the event we have right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Mugaaz posted:

Not to dump on you, but what is the point in getting both of these guy with zero visiore left. You're just going to get them to LB0-3 and have them sit there forever?

Dump away my friend because I deserve it.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Flimf posted:

Well you can get shards for them from the next FFT banner thats ongoing on the jp server right now, so it's not a complete loss.

I was mostly suprised that it's Delita and Auron you are waiting for and not a certain someone else.

Who is this certain someone else?

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

sephiroth

edit:

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

Was never a big fan of him. I see the appeal but I never had it myself.
okay I feel bad now since I thought you were joking. I was actually referring to Aerith since that is litterally your username. :sigh:

Flimf fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 27, 2020

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Flimf posted:

sephiroth

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
If you are in the guild, do your guild battles. All you havta do is click on a team weaker than you, let it auto battle, then repeat one more time every day between 2pm and 11:59pm PST.

We are losing battles that should be easy wins because people are not participating.

rundxdi
Feb 3, 2004

Soup Of The Day

Just sent a guild request as Slombo in game, been playing this too much

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
This is my first gacha game that's hooked me (though it's only been a day). All the art, what a cool system, sweet! Why'd it get wasted on this :( Please take this engine and make a real game out of it.

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

Well yeah obviously.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
You might want to check out Final Fantasy Tactics if you enjoy the combat - there’s an HD version on the App Store/Play Store and it plays great.

Speaking of Tactics, has anyone beat the Tactics EX battle yet? I have no idea how to do this since on turn 2 a bunch of enemies spawn and completely outflank you.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

1st AD posted:

You might want to check out Final Fantasy Tactics if you enjoy the combat - there’s an HD version on the App Store/Play Store and it plays great.

Speaking of Tactics, has anyone beat the Tactics EX battle yet? I have no idea how to do this since on turn 2 a bunch of enemies spawn and completely outflank you.

Did it with a team of Mediena (lvl 69 - nice), Ayaka (lvl 50), Shadowlynx ( lvl 75) and Yerma ( lvl 65) without any trouble.

Who are you using?

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Flimf posted:

Did it with a team of Mediena (lvl 69 - nice), Ayaka (lvl 50), Shadowlynx ( lvl 75) and Yerma ( lvl 65) without any trouble.

Who are you using?

Yeah the difference in power level when you start maxing everything is unreal. The enemies hit me for nothing and everything dies in 1 or maybe 2 hits.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

1st AD posted:

I have tactics, I love tactics and wish they would make another one. Here they've translated the combat to a new game, just that game is... a weird cellphone addiction generator instead of FFT 2 or FFT: A3.

I requested to joint he guild (as Pila), but it looks like we're almost at max already :(

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Flimf posted:

Who are you using?

Level 60 Orlandeau
Level 66 Ramza
Level 66 Gafgarrion
Level 55 Medienna

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

piL posted:

I have tactics, I love tactics and wish they would make another one. Here they've translated the combat to a new game, just that game is... a weird cellphone addiction generator instead of FFT 2 or FFT: A3.

I requested to joint he guild (as Pila), but it looks like we're almost at max already :(

There is a secondary guild Goon Squad iirc, I'm not sure if they still have spots. I took rundxdi cause he was first to request and also also tell me his in game name.

I'll keep you guys in mind but if you really wanna make sure you get a spot when it opens up, include your in-game name when you apply so I know who is who. Just saves me the effort of having to verify who is who since random pubbies apply (though not as much anymore)

notanewfag
May 13, 2008
Goon Squad has spots.

Doctor Diggs on YouTube is putting together some nice videos. Good Unit and gear combos, plus game mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbULsi43biI

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

notanewfag posted:

Goon Squad has spots.

Doctor Diggs on YouTube is putting together some nice videos. Good Unit and gear combos, plus game mechanics.

Why does the internet insist on calling her Madeena? It's Medi-enna! ENNA, not DEENA!

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Kheldarn posted:

Why does the internet insist on calling her Madeena? It's Medi-enna! ENNA, not DEENA!

FWIW, I've seen that guy's videos before and I dont know if he's trolling or what but he can't pronounce anything correctly. Off the top of my head, Fina as Faina and Siren as Seeren, are you loving kidding me.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I've always thought it was Madeena myself but this feels like a Tide-us or Teedus style situation here.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Tee-dus?What the gently caress?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

notanewfag posted:

Goon Squad has spots.

I requested a spot here as Username: Pila. Had to wait the 24 hours since I joined a different guild for a quest. Thanks much!

Point of advice to other new players: there are multiple pages to the mission page that you need to go through to see all of your rewards!

piL fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 1, 2020

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

overseer07 posted:

Tee-dus?What the gently caress?

It’s canon. And it’s loving WRONG.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

#WhaleLife

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Holy poo poo. How much did you end up spending on buying vision card packs to max out the shards?

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

1st AD posted:

Holy poo poo. How much did you end up spending on buying vision card packs to max out the shards?

The cash shop one? No, that is garbage. It wouldn't even put a dent in leveling the card. Here is what it cost. This took 2 weeks of nonstop farming the book dungeon and 1 weekend of the gil dungeon.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Dang, I might have enough time to do that still. I haven't put any time into leveling vision cards at all.

Calsonic
Apr 13, 2008

Have a few friend spots I wanna fill out. I will have a 99 Orlandeau and 89 Mediena.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Calsonic posted:

Have a few friend spots I wanna fill out. I will have a 99 Orlandeau and 89 Mediena.

Just requested you - I’m 191931317

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Been playing for a bit and I kinda dig it. What's the guild to join? Didn't see Warofthevisa on a search, is Goon Squad with Windward as the leader the right one? I'll be requesting as Echo, regardless.

Edit: Sent Goon Squad a request as Echo.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 5, 2020

notanewfag
May 13, 2008
Goon Squad with Tyrista as leader

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

notanewfag posted:

Goon Squad with Tyrista as leader

Huh, is that full? I didn't see it yesterday. Welp, there goes another day after I bail from this guild I joined.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I am totally done with limited characters after FFT. The shop refresh RNG is just such maddening bullshit. I finished Ramza two days ago and still need 60 shards for Cid, which is gonna come down to the wire given how long is left in the collab.

Today I've been offered 40 Ramza shards and 5 for Cid. I just know I'm gonna end up 5 shards short on the last day or some poo poo, what a horrible system.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I wasted all my visiore on shard buying for ramza and cid. They’re still gonna be about a hundred shards shy of max since I only have 1200 visiore left.

But I’m not gonna pull on anything else for a good long while so I should have a big pile when the second round of FFT comes around.

This game is weird huh? It’s such a loving grind. I’m glad I can load up on refreshes before work and just let it grind away in my pocket all day, just checking occasionally for chocobo fevers and whimsy invites ever half hour or so.

GenSpecific
Aug 17, 2005
IT'S IDEAS LIKE THIS THAT GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!!

Slippery Tilde

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I wasted all my visiore on shard buying for ramza and cid. They’re still gonna be about a hundred shards shy of max since I only have 1200 visiore left.

But I’m not gonna pull on anything else for a good long while so I should have a big pile when the second round of FFT comes around.

This game is weird huh? It’s such a loving grind. I’m glad I can load up on refreshes before work and just let it grind away in my pocket all day, just checking occasionally for chocobo fevers and whimsy invites ever half hour or so.

Have you completed everything that gives you shards? Like Limit Breaking SRs and below or one run of every multi and event room?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

GenSpecific posted:

Have you completed everything that gives you shards? Like Limit Breaking SRs and below or one run of every multi and event room?

Yup. I won’t have enough visiore to get them both to the 200 shards they need, especially since there are more and more units’ shards showing up in the shop. I’m not giving gumi any money either, so there’s that.

I’m not sweating it, I mean I played FFBE for three years as a F2P until I quit last fall, so I get it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Scoss posted:

I am totally done with limited characters after FFT. The shop refresh RNG is just such maddening bullshit. I finished Ramza two days ago and still need 60 shards for Cid, which is gonna come down to the wire given how long is left in the collab.

Today I've been offered 40 Ramza shards and 5 for Cid. I just know I'm gonna end up 5 shards short on the last day or some poo poo, what a horrible system.

This is how I feel. gently caress that poo poo. I got Lando and Ramza to LB5 and what a stupid fuckin grind.

That whimsy lady can gently caress right off too.

I’m out of rainbow orbs so Ramza is on the back burner but Lando is LB5 fully awakened.

notanewfag
May 13, 2008

Echophonic posted:

Huh, is that full? I didn't see it yesterday. Welp, there goes another day after I bail from this guild I joined.

We have openings

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Scoss posted:

My shop luck has been absolutely atrocious. I only have Cid to work yet still lack 115 shards. I have to resort to the utter "joy" of forcing Whimsy shop spawns to get more chances for him (and it takes an hour and a half to cooldown between each one). At least this 2x drop in Story Quests event came at the right time, so I'm not really wasting NRG that much.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I've arrived at the point where Vistore income slows waaaay down and, on one hand, I realize I've wasted so much visiore with unfocused purchases. On the other hand this game feels much more managable and I don't have to be running something in the background 24 hours a day. I'm good to just not log on and let NRG collect. Currently trying to finish advancing the kind-of-weak Rare thieves in an attempt to create a team of all thieves + Gafgarion.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

HGH posted:

I have to resort to the utter "joy" of forcing Whimsy shop spawns to get more chances for him (and it takes an hour and a half to cooldown between each one).

No, it doesn't. I tested waiting 2 hours after spawning vs 1 hour and there was no difference. I'm not convinced there is any cooldown at all. I've seen screenshots of people having 2 active whimsys. The only 'cooldown' I see are your NRG pots per day and over the course of the rate up period. I'd set your 'cooldown' period to whatever you can sustain via NRG pots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo Somen
Aug 20, 2013

Really? The subreddit seems pretty sure of the 1 hour cooldown limit, so I'm surprised to hear of people having 2 active whimsy shops open.