Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What people need to understand is that this is a hero collector like Star wars Galaxy of heroes or Marvel Strike force. You can get a hero relatively easy but to get the full potential you're looking at 2-3 months of collecting shards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Mugaaz posted:

F2P get out.

Just my 2c, but if you're F2P this is a big skip. You don't have to be a whale, but there is a huge difference between F2P and casual spenders.

AoJ had a video on spending in this. He basically said the same thing. It's playable as a F2P, bit even being a relatively light spender gets you a lot more in this game compared to other gachas.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If you're gonna spend the best bet is buying the 3 weekly xp potion packs(one each day) for the daily purchase bonus. Then fill the other days with $1 energy packs if you can. Then use the paid visore you collected to buy the story awakening packs. imo

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is the guild WaroftheVisa? I can't find it on my alt account.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

waah posted:

I'm still on cooldown from leaving a crappy guild to meet the requirements for challenge. Around 10 PM tonight cooldown should be over and I'll have the guild up. If nothing else, i'll post about it on here.

Sounds good. I'll join it on my alt then.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I app'd to the guild on my second account. ig is Zotics

Zotix fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 1, 2020

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Engel and Mont kind of fill the same role as tanks. Eventually you'll want both for the tower, but for now I'd swap Mont out for another unit

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Mugaaz posted:

They don't compete at all. Mont is easy to get to 99, is one of the best MRs in the game, and costs you very little in terms of resources. Zero reason you shouldn't do both simultaneously.

I think investing in MR damage based chars is a waste personally. Their damage is never competitive with good UR damage dealers. They need to add significant utility or support to be good IMO. I like all the thief stuff on Rairyuu, and I would use him for his thief stuff, but no way am I taking him to 99 anytime soon. Phoebe on the other hand is amazing support with fairly unique and powerful support abilities. She also has a great TMR.

I use Oelde on my team and have parked him at LB 1 / Awaken 3 / Job level 5. This costs almost nothing in terms of resources, but is still good enough to be strong enough to auto FF14 EX3 event on auto. This is where I would park any semi-good character who you want to use now, but don't want to spend a bunch of limited resources on right now.

My bad. You know best as with every gacha.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Some of you need to go into your formation settings and set your companions for friends to use. I was just adding people in the guild and like half the people account level 40+ have Mont as their only companion.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Heh the drop rates at higher levels are kind of trash for a lot of stuff. I ran 4-2-7 I think for a Samurai item earlier, 150 stages w/o a drop. I saw the other jobs items drop occasionally, so I know I just hit a patch of bad RNG, but gently caress. If you don't buy the energy pack and can't spam stages, it's rough.

Also, videos just straight breaking when hitting play and not giving the reward but using the use, OR, having videos available but then you click it and it's just like Error. That poo poo would suck and probably make me quit pretty quickly if I was strictly F2P tbh. Your resources become pretty limited once your account level ups dry up, and if you're F2P you kind of need those video refreshes to have any semblance of progression.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Also why are daily dungeons resetting back to the beginner stage some days? I do them every day on both accounts and today the Gil snapper on my alt account has to start over from the first stage and build back up to advanced.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Flimf posted:

Maybe because the gill snapper dungeon on the weekend is different from the one that's available on weekdays.

That might be it, but it was the only one it happened with. The dungeon below it would be different as well since that's an unlimited run, but my alt picked that up at advanced.

Also of you're hoping for Orlandeau, pull on the simulator here https://altema.jp/ffbewotv/gacha/11

Obtain him a few times to find out what youre likely getting into to chase a limited unit.

It's fuckin scary. He's coming out soon enough that sunk cost fallacy into accounts is a real thing. A lot of people won't want to reroll for him, and a lot will end up quitting if they don't get him.

The real play here is to set a hard limit on what you'll spend chasing and him and stop if you don't get him.

He is also coming out if the schedule stays the same that rerolling if you haven't spent on the game is a possibility. If you reroll 3-5 accounts at a time you could come up with a fairly god tier account in the first few days and scoop up all his shards in the rest of the event.

Or you could skip him all together and go after WoL afterwards

Just for the record these were my successes on pulling orleandu

My hard limit for him is going to be 10k in pulls. If I don't get him I'll likely reroll on the side for a few days and see if I get some beast account. Decided to do another for fun and this was on 16k visore.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 4, 2020

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The damage of a DPS while having the health of a tank. Also the nostalgia for FFT nerds is a big deal.

Plus I don't think there have been are limited banners that have repeated in JP.

Also, I've heard rumors of a possible FF7 limited banners might be coming.

All in all chasing limited units is like to average about $300 or so depending on rng.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 4, 2020

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Yeah. It's basically right in line with what Mugaaz said a few days ago. I just posted the gacha simulator so people could get a feel for what a .8% pull rate felt like in actuality.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 4, 2020

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What you're hoping for if you pull and don't get him is that you don't get shafted on other UR's. If it's a 10k visore drought and you only got 1-2 UR's along the way... gently caress.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Indecisive posted:

Also not sure that sim is super accurate, for some reason it pulled up WoL for me on one of the rolls, isn't he limited on a different banner

It breaks at a certain point and starts including him. I refreshed eacc time I pulled orlandeu

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Or just skip them until you can complete them all with Shadowlynx.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hi posted:

I literally downloaded this morning before work and have played maybe 30 minutes so far so break it down for me, what exactly is Y'shtola exclusive and going away in a few days?

Just her little character tokens right? I bought the 5x pack and all three of the 40x packs with coins from the market... is there more I should do?

Cause I am def an avid Y'shtola fan and would like to have a max one

Do the FF14 stuff and you'll get more tokens of hers. grab the FF14 tickets in the mog shop and such.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

thuly posted:

If you click the menu button in the top right a home button appears in the top left. It's tiny and dark red.

Charge him, charge him

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Not to mention crafting gear on global lacks the QoL changes that allow you to have customization when awakening your equipment.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It would be nice if there was a setting to remove purchase confirmations for gold/Gil only. Keep it on for visore purchases.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

thuly posted:

Is there a good BlueStacks/archon bot for automating resource dailies and/or autorunning multiquests yet?

We have a cheater! Cheater cheater.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Putting a lot of the grinding behind multiplayer, and the stability associated with it is going to be problematic for this game if they can't get a stability patch out fairly quickly. CPU's, Ram, nothing matters for the stability in multiplayer.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Scoss posted:

Huh, I thought It was just my cheap phone that made the game lock up all the time. That's a bit uh, concerning, if the game itself has been busted for 5 months and wasn't even fixed for global launch.

Apparently it's not as bad in JP, nor is it as bad on global with iOS. Plus a good chunk of the multi issues are server related which are also exclusive issues to global.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

There two ways to unlock a characters potential. One is awakening, the other is limit breaking. Eventually to finish a character you'll need to do both. Awakening can be done with items you can farm along with other items that the game slow drips to you over time, to make you hoise who to progress. Limit breaking requires character shards and is a much longer process without serious whaling. The idea is for this to take a while for 99% of players. This is more of a system like Marvel strike force or Star Wars Galaxy of heroes. They want you to invest in characters to unlock their full potential.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

JP is getting the FFT return banner with some new additions. This is their patch for this week.

> A rough translation of JP server most recent announcement!
>
> 4/22 Maintenance in JP Server:
> FFtactics collaboration part 2
>
> New characters:
> Delita, Agrias, Mustadio
>
> Recurring character:
> Ramza, Orlandeau, Gaffgarion
>
> --------------------
> 1.5.0 Update
>
> Ability:
> - Specific ability ON/OFF setting in auto battle.
>
> - Additional Auto battle setting in quest:
> 1. you can now set target item number and the game will auto play until you get that amount.
> 2. Auto AP Potion, you can make the game auto refill your AP potion (NRG in global). They will add a function to turn this option on/off (The game will automatically prioritize Large AP Potion --> Medium AP Potion --> Small AP Potion in that order).
>
> Guild Battle:
> UI Change on header
>
> Function adjustment:
> Guidance skip function is now available.
>
> Option:
> Low battery mode added in setting for auto quests.
>
> Other adjustment:
> - Auto equip function will be implemented. You can choose specifically, for example, only auto equiping vision card / summon, etc.
>
> - There will be a new button after finishing a quest on top right of your screen. This button will move you to previous page (selecting quest stage page, etc)
>
> - The game will now show unit Defense and Magic Defense number.
>
> - Guild battle and Arena skip button will be shown available on screen.
>
> - You can now sort by "maximum level"

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm sure orlandeu tickets and such will be available but everything will be diluted just a bit more.

I'm curious if orlandeu will still be the prize.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Indecisive posted:

Called it, dumped most of the 38k I saved up into Orlando banner and didn't get him so I am OUT of this garbage game. I did end up with a Ramza and the vision card and a sterne dupe but gently caress it, I have nothing left to spend upgrading Ramza anyway so lol. Using one currency to summon and ALSO needing that currency to buy upgrades for the units you summon is a loving predatory as hell design. I knew from playing FFBE before that this was gonna be crap but I'm sad to be proven right because I was kinda having fun with it.

You pulling all of your currency chasing a unit just because, and not leaving any currency left over to upgrade it was your decision.

This was my first pull.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Iron giant trial is coming this week. Gonna be the first tough content for global. If they keep the mission objectives the same as JP a lot of people will struggle with getting that rainbow rock.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hy_C posted:

Cool, would you know if that reroll guide from the second post is still valid?

Engel, Fredericka, mediena, Sterne, Lucia, are all gonna good choices if you reroll. There are others for sure, just can't think of them w/o loading up the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

He's absolutely right about the character investment. This game is going to be dead as poo poo in a year. This game just won't be able to attract new players if there isn't some FF banner going on. Nobody gives a flying gently caress about Mont, or Engelbert, or Mediena. If that's all that's available to new players outside of a limited banner, most new people won't stick around.

It's loving laughable at the investment needed for characters. Awakenings, limit breaks, the skill tree, leveling skills, leveling LB's, leveling jobs, leveling equipment, awakening equipment, leveling equipment TM's, leveling espers, leveling cards. It's a loving god damned job, plus you need thousands of books. Literally thousands of loving books if you want solid equipment on your characters. Yeah it's not needed to do the current content in the game, but I'm currently in a top 20 global guild, and you better loving believe you need top tier gear in every loving slot. It's a god damned slog. If there's something they can assign levels to in this game, you can be god damned sure they are doing it.

There's zero incentive for people to play outside of the meta due to the sheer investment needed to level up and develop characters. It's too much of a risk investing resources into characters that have a chance of being good, or just might not.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 10, 2020