Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

to be clear, you always have access to your primary class skills, right? so once you have a second job, there's no reason to ever have the first job equipped on that screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

lol wow you hit the progress wall FAST in this game

so insanely thirsty for something resembling fft, but the fact that so little of what you need to advance is grindable is a massive bummer for me. played for about a week and i'm already at the point where there isn't much i can to improve, even with stamina pots, beyond logging tomorrow and knocking out dailies.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

BabyRyoga posted:

You can grind the PVP and multiplayer quests endlessly. The only multiplayer quests that are really active right now is farming awakening materials (you should do level 1 and level 3 until you have 50 of the elemental mats for each of the units you are using right now), but usually there are gear and event quests to grind.
hm, maybe i don't understand the gear grind, i'll have to do some research. i am in a position where i thought grinding for xp/jp and (seemingly insanely low drop rate) job upgrade mats from story quests were all i could really do. i wanted to try and wait another weekish before i started grinding the event so i could do a higher level of ex for better value, but maybe i'll do that for a change of pace.

i've been doing the awakening mat multiplayer stuff but only did the manual pvp battle twice, are the rewards for the latter good?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

oh bummer, daily purchase bonus got switched to 300 viziore per day like japan. was looking forward to good value for 5 bucks a week.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hopefully someone who played jp can give me some insight.

my core right now is Engelbert, Mont, and Y'shtola. i've worked a little bit on Fina and Owe just to get cheer/meditate going. i want to start putting resources in Rairyuu, since i need ranged dps. i also have xiza, so i'm making the choice to focus on Rairyuu first. i got super lucky with my initial pulls so i'm also sitting on Robb and Oelde, but they're gonna be sitting on the backburner while i work on Y'sh and Engelbert.

my question is about a potential fifth for an Engelbert/Mont/Y'shtola/Rairyuu team. really want to pick someone who's element i'm not focusing, and people have talked up mug, so i am leaning towards Vadim. i have phoebe, but she's competing with Engelbert for mats. are there any other diamonds in the rough at SR or R that are worth focusing on? the only other off-element MR's i have are ramada and meriluke, and i haven't heard great things about either.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mugaaz posted:

I think investing in MR damage based chars is a waste personally. Their damage is never competitive with good UR damage dealers. They need to add significant utility or support to be good IMO. I like all the thief stuff on Rairyuu, and I would use him for his thief stuff, but no way am I taking him to 99 anytime soon. Phoebe on the other hand is amazing support with fairly unique and powerful support abilities. She also has a great TMR.

I use Oelde on my team and have parked him at LB 1 / Awaken 3 / Job level 5. This costs almost nothing in terms of resources, but is still good enough to be strong enough to auto FF14 EX3 event on auto. This is where I would park any semi-good character who you want to use now, but don't want to spend a bunch of limited resources on right now.
would you recommend i start working on Xiza instead of Rairyuu sooner rather than later? i thought people were saying to only pick one UR and focus on them before moving on to another one, but now that i'm playing it seems like it would be fine as long as they are different elements.

oelde is probably a good fifth for engel, mont, y'sh, and rairyu/xiza, i just gotta start buying the chapter reward packs so i can get more fire awakening mats. i have a real hard time not going in 100% on a character once i've started working on em.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

did the game this game ripped off have some sort of side story thing where events would eventually come back permanently in a slightly different form? i would hope for something like that eventually.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

that all sucks, i'm just gonna stick to people with farmable shards and never spend my viziore

cams
Mar 28, 2003

applied to guild as cams

cams
Mar 28, 2003

well i guess i should probably re-join a pubby guild in the meantime for my dailies then

cams
Mar 28, 2003

would it be worth it to spend a bunch of awakening mats on someone like gilgamesh when i'm an almost f2p-er who won't be able to even LB1 him for weeks? i don't have anyone at ice at the moment, but is a lot of investment for a dude who's shards i get one of a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

applied to war of the visa as cams, looking forward to watching everyone slowly quit