Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I'm still rolling. But I cant help to wonder, did it really never occur to them when they were testing the tutorial that "Hey, in this part, the tutorial has you press back 10 times, maybe we have too many menus?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Thinking posted:

Rerolled Mediena and Engelbert and foolishly am continuing to play despite the plethora of gacha red flags

You aren't even kidding.

All it's missing is in-game trading and a "top monthly buyer" leaderboard.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 31, 2020

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Still rolling everyday, will apply once I'm in and situated. Though maybe it's not meant to be.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Mugaaz posted:

You could just start a 2nd goon guild ?

There is probably more than enough room overall, but some grinding and waiting needs to happen for guild member tiers to unlock or whatever, so there's really no need.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

HGH posted:

Can someone say what to do with equipment at the current stage of the game? Just level it to 10 and forget about it? This whole equipment crafting event has a good gun I've put to use on Rairyuu.

The general consensus is to grab "N rarity" gear from the shop for gold, since it starts out with level 30 cap and requires no awakening materials. Once you have a bunch of level 30 N gear for every slot you need, it will be good enough for you to use while you start saving and crafting +5 gear, which is actually a longer term project than getting a UR unit to 99, considering the resources involved as well as a hefty amount of RNG.

Of course you CAN put together some decent +2s right now and get them to 20 to progressively make +5 gear, but depending on the BIS item even that may take a while for someone starting out since you will need to farm and most people have too much to farm as it is in the beginning. Also, I believe gear contribution to stats, compared to levels, jobs, skills, and the like is relatively small, so it's not something people prioritize until later.

There are streamers and jp players outright telling people NOT to bother with +5 gear at all, due to their experiences with the system, so there's also that. There's minutae to back this up, like lack of datamining for which items are best at level 50, so youre really gambling even if you commit. The thing about gear in this game, all that matters is getting the item to MAX level, rather than relative level. So for example a max level 1, 1/1 item that cannot be leveled will give 100% of it's stats right away, making it better than a level 50 (you see max level 1 on TMRs which are premium items with their own slot,) which requires 5 awakenings, since there is so little investment. The UR item you get for free it max level 30, the max level 50 and 5 awakenings on MR/R items is actually a downside and does not necessarily guarantee better stats, since it just takes longer and costs more (NRG from grinding and books from arena.)

edit: I did want to add that there is a specific short list of items that you should build, like the Healing Staff and Faerie Ring, but again, don't go crazy trying to craft them into +5 because the costs are ludicrous.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 8, 2020

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
It's important to understand that although Gilg may be tempting right now even for a F2P, there is future content and a difficulty spike (I'm guessing) that will relegate him to mere support. You really have to make sure your team is ready, as far as the traditional roles, none of which he will actually be able to do past a certain point. This is the root of the issue, beyond the basic fact that he will probably be powercrept out of the meta by the time a F2P owner is able to raise him.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 10, 2020

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Just lol if you're not playing multi with 3 alts using only macros.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Hi posted:

Games fun but seems reeeally geared towards whaling. Like it looks like it'd cost 40 dollars to buy items to partially awaken Gilgamesh once, and each character has 3 jobs that all need to be ranked up 12 times, multiple awakenings, like 5? limit breaks.. if you were to pay2win the entire thing Id take hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars for a single character?

I mean I'm fine with paying to play mobile gacha games, but theres a difference between ten, twenty bucks a month and hundreds. Also Im pretty bitter at gumi for what they did with FFBE and the distinction between paid and earned premium currencies in this game is really worrying me.

Every gacha is geared towards whaling, there is no other reason for them to exist.

6 Awakening and 3 limit break takes some time but is doable as F2P and that is supposed to be good enough for everything. All that youre really getting for money is speeding up the process of getting there, prying on people with OCD or just impatient. It's not dissimilar to any other gacha in that respect, though it's hardly commendable.

There is a ton of things wrong with the game however, maybe it's just overwhelming how they drop all these systems on people at release rather than adding in grinds piece by piece like other games do, I dont know, I'm not a gacha designer. But I dont think there is any instance of must-have character or some powerlevel cornerstone that cant be obtained without money (yet anyway.)

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
The term whale does not exclusively refer to waist size.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Got nothing, still playing though for a bit. (Not the first time I busted pulling for Orlandu in a Gumi game.)

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 23, 2020

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
How unlucky! Now you have to spend all that vis limit-breaking them :/

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Kheldarn posted:

Why does the internet insist on calling her Madeena? It's Medi-enna! ENNA, not DEENA!

FWIW, I've seen that guy's videos before and I dont know if he's trolling or what but he can't pronounce anything correctly. Off the top of my head, Fina as Faina and Siren as Seeren, are you loving kidding me.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Don't open it.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Playing 3 mos. For anyone looking to start: content is grinding, there is a bit of grinding. Grinding and some niche outrageous p2w bullshit. I guess they are adding more stuff later but I sincerely doubt it's not going to be one of those. The QOL gear crafting stuff is in, I guess there's that. They really try to gently caress you though.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Nemo Somen posted:

How many openings does War of the Visas have at the moment? I'm interested in jumping ship from Goon Squad.

There's quite a few. We've got inactive Sub-leader and dont even participate in Guild Battle, if they release any actual GvG content we'd drown. I guess that's what this poo poo game deserves, if it was another game I would have guessed WOTV is the less active guild, but no, there should be plenty of room. I think it's all a nice reflection of this game as a whole.

If you're like a serious whale and are actually for whatever reason all-in on this game, you should honestly look elsewhere for a competitive guild, we're relatively casual by this game's standards.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 3, 2020

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I was rerolling and got Agrias, Mediena, Whisper, and Sterne Leonis

my phone account has Lu'Cia, Xiza, Whisper, Mediena

Not sure which I should keep...

You should give more info. If Lu'Cia was available at release and I pulled Medi+Lu'Cia, I would have kept, but that may not be the best choice necessarily.
Particularly this game's accounts seem to be of two types: UR heavy + no Espers and UR average + some Espers.
So that's one factor to consider, what kind of Espers you ended up with.
I speak from experience because I am definitely on a UR heavy account here and it's fine for the pace that I play but I think someone more PVP-minded for example would need a good UR+Esper combo to be really competitive and min-max their best URs.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I went with the phone, and eventually got ramza and agrias and whatever the axe UR is. I didn't play at release

Oh, I see. Well, best of luck getting them to 89-99 before the event end. Still working on mine with a week to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Webbeh posted:

Why the gently caress did I just start up this dumb gacha game.

Joining guild as Webbeh.

How did you manage to do this with the servers down all day?