Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Tolkien invented the word "dwarves." "Dwarf" both as a mythological creature and a term for humans of smaller stature existed previously, but it was always pluralized as "dwarfs" before Tolkien.
Are you calling me stupid?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Seems like they're going entirely based on his neck flaps, which seems like it could change moment to moment just from dehydration or something

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I think most goons are strong enough to carry a printer a mile or so, they should be able to handle a little bit of firewood from the car to the cabin.
I'm Gonna Be (500 Printers) by The Pro-Gamers

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

People getting banned is funny though

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Is that kind of pull-up an actual useful thing? They look like turning a normal strength training thing into a pointlessly dangerous and painful cardio exercise.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Wasn't it like 10% of men in Kentucky or Tennessee or something admitted to loving a chicken?
drat, that must have been one sexy chicken

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Not that I support their debate style or believe their overall point is right, but constitutional law is really big and dumb, and states' rights are very different from the federal government's rights. They may be arguing that this case rests on a power granted to the state in a way that implies that power is not also granted to the federal government. But I don't feel compelled to think about this subject too much because I'm pretty sure it won't be very hard for courts to side with the feds on vaccine passports.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Spacingispointlessjustgetgoodatreadingnoobs

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

My favorite were random yahoo answers questions where the Top Rated Answer would have like 1 vote and be something like "i dunno lol"

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Sorry to shill for SNL, but I loving love Kyle Mooney and I think the Shrimp Guy inspired this and I loved it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVo_6rGSiyI

Martman has a new favorite as of 08:26 on Apr 6, 2021

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

You can replace the "paparazzi" aspect of that post with rapists and it changes absolutely nothing.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Love how he's gotta throw in the "like I profile says I AM a doctor"

Like "I mean, I'm a doctor so.... this must be your fault somehow"

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Why is Johnny Fiveaces telling us who should and shouldn't get paid

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Arc Light posted:

Finally, OP tried his level best to keep the money that had been donated to support his trip, and only gave refunds when his irl acquaintances began shaming him on Facebook.
"C'mon guys, if you think about it the real trip was the friends we made in this thread."

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

This isn't really an idiot on social media, but the "Idris Elba's Luther isn't black enough" take reminded me of this Guardian article: Why Radiohead are the Blackest white band of our times

The author is actually a Black woman who's a professor of African American studies at Yale, but I can't help but lol at the audacity of the headline.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

quote:

Some experts say the dislike springs from the fact that mayo jiggles.
Oh yeah? Then why do millennials eat so much rear end?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Long live the one flesh!!

or, Honey I Cronenberged the Kids

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It's terrifying to think back on a time when people wanted advice on love and sex from the dynamic duo of Adam Carolla and Drew Pinsky.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

I also want to see that person, or anyone else's, bearsts. I want to know what a bearst is.
The bearsts are located on the cherst

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Some solid "older Ken M" energy there

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

To me it looks like he's not wearing a mask and is implying (but very obviously not directly showing) that he was allowed to shop there without putting one on.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I dunno guys, I hate Ben Shapiro and do not think he is some kind of master troll or anything but I really think my no-mask theory is what he's going for. Which to me makes the board thing kind of a successful case of him making a dumb meme image of his "secret message" to go to Home Depot without a mask.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

You know blood emerald isn’t just a cool type of emerald right?
They're like chaos emeralds, but darker and edgier (and featured in my Sonic fanfic)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

...wait. All squirrels are the same age?
Squirrels are like candy corn, they were all made in the same batch a long time ago

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Maybe he's confused and thinks they won't be offering service to customers who are comprised of either meat or seafood

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Also Yang's UBI proposal was a scam that required you give up all other welfare.

I think he was just hoping the middle class would notice that it was actually a handout to people not currently on welfare.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

When touring my new apartment I pointed out to the landlord that I didn't like the round toilet bowl. He agreed, seeming a bit surprised that size had been used, and acknowledged that it sucks when your junk hits the front of the bowl every time you sit on the toilet. And he got it replaced in like a week.

It's a real problem!!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

christmas boots posted:

It's a bug: any fall damage instantly kills elephants
Almost positive that elephants aren't bugs

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Didn't read the response, but I can tell it sucks

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Getting all the parts together to create humans is as unlikely as summoning Exodia. Clearly evolution has been guided by ancient Egyptian deities (or whatever the hell is going on in Yu-Gi-Oh)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Is it uhh too much of a weird downer to share stuff that is genuinely worrisome?

Content warning for possibly dangerous incel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k25GRXTLfA I saw this on reddit, and people are mostly making fun of him for being a creepy idiot bro, but I'm also feeling kinda hosed up about it because he is giving off strong Elliot-Rodger-in-progress vibes. He only has about 15 minutes of content but it seems like he's been ramping up recently, and if you check a few of the other videos it's basically all genuinely mentally disturbed incel poo poo involving him starting insane arguments with dudes or really creeping women out.

It would be funny how stupid he is if it weren't honestly kind of scaring me, but sorry if this is a bad share. I've never been more strongly considering like, looking up how to report someone to the FBI.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

the gently caress is a gymcel?
He's calling himself many mashed up incel things and "blackpilled" in different videos, I guess that means he seems to think he's ugly enough that even hitting the gym can't save him from his incel curse or something

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

biracial bear for uncut posted:

It's Turing, not Turning.
Congratulations, you've passed the Turning Test

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Thank god for people transitioning then, otherwise we might run out of women

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

If we make 20000 bad posts can we convert them into a good post?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Those sound like the kind of posts that 4chan-trained Hitler-loving AI would make

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

And after the ladies explain that, can someone please tell me once and for all if anyone has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/benjamingrundy/status/1417288542749822983
Going full Falun Gong after starting a thread about China being dangerous, lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

To be fair I don't know how the game works, maybe it gets pretty hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

and there's also how lowtax is lazy to actually maintain and upkeep the community
I think you might have missed some stuff, but I don't want to spoil it for you