Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

I think a lot of the folks complaining about it want to make it important and obvious how you need to be "polite and reasonable" about the illness of someone in charge whereas when they poo poo on the poor and migrants, they should have free reign.

It's hypocrisy, a whole lot of it. Also I have never played any Final Fantasy game through to completion, and never 7 at all, is Barratt an okay character?

Barrett is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cleretic posted:

I haven't played the FF7 remake (and have no real intention to because I have very strong and nerd-rear end opinions about the fact they shouldn't have made it), but I'm gonna say that OP's probably got a very legitimate complaint going on there. Barrett's always been basically 'late 90s Japan's attempt to write a black guy from a 70s action franchise', I'm really not surprised to hear that they weren't able to excise that. Especially since it looked like the black guy they're basing him on to still be one that's several decades out of date.

FF7's remake and Doom Eternal are basically tag-teaming the role of 'big new pop culture thing you're not allowed to criticize' right now. It's kinda fascinating how you get two entirely different types of angry nerd depending on which one you speak out against.

There is in fact a shitton of criticism of both everywhere

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That public toilet seat is definitely cleaner than any door handles you used to go to the bathroom

Andrast has a new favorite as of 20:10 on May 26, 2020

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

GreenMetalSun posted:

I also ban all 'short' races (halflings, goblins, kobolds, kender, kenku, etc.), because if I had a dollar for every time a dude wrote me a six page rape fantasy that went on and on about how 'She looks like a toddler, but actually she's 35!', I'd have seven dollars. I also don't allow tieflings since CR came out, because same thing, only the rape fantasy is about the 9-year-old blue tiefling girl in that one.

uh, I think the problem is something other than hobbits and tieflings here

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

please bring back the creepy hobbit characters instead

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I am neutral on LoB

goodbye

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lobsterminator posted:

Also jumping on the unironically this train. During peak COVID in my country streets were really quiet and it was a joy to bicycle. Now it's back to normal and constant noise and cars. All cars except some necessary supply trucks and public transport should be banned.

Yes a pandemic is definitely the best time to make everyone use public transport, we definitely need more infections

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That thing seems like a giant waste of money since it can only do one small thing while a human is way more flexible

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If I was a military leader I would simply win instead of losing, I wonder why anyone hasn't thought of that

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the Trump approach to strategy

Does that mean I'll be the president one day?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lmao

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

vdarknight posted:

Huh - that makes sense. I've got some friends from South Asia and some from the Caribbean who still have a sense of belonging to there, despite never visited, because to their parents it means something.
I guess my bafflement is that I'm english sub-working class and we don't really have a culture anymore. My cultural identity is a blank, so I have no attachment to something that doesn't exist. But I guess if you actually have a history or culture you can relate to and have a sense of contact through relatives, then it would be a tangible part of your life.
Weird - I live in the purportedly historic UK, but have no history I can claim. But then I'm very low class scum and probably don't count for a drat thing.
All power to your heritage! (as long as you don't get racially odd about it - then go gently caress yourselves)

Every place has a culture, it's often just more difficult to see if you are yourself from the mainstream culture of the place you live.

Andrast has a new favorite as of 09:17 on Sep 6, 2020

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

What makes England the funniest, isn't that its the worst (cos its not, Poland and Hungary have a far worse fash problem than England does) but that it almost all self inflicted. It all happened as a "4d chess" move to quell the strength of the most right wing elements of the Conservative party. And it back fired tremendously.

Yeah it backfired into the conservatives having a massive majority in the parliament

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

turns out literally every single place where humans live has good food

it's almost like people like good food or something

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

you fuckers don't know anything about earth's shape

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

are men sentient?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

There's a streamer safe mode but AFAIK all it changes is what licensed songs play

because really nothing is more cyberpunk than bowing down to the MPAA lmao

copyright cops loving you up when you play the wrong music is actually extremely cyberpunk

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

same way you can be straight or gay with exceptions

so bi?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PetraCore posted:

Specific qualifiers like demisexual are useful jargon in certain conversations about sex and relationships.

So far only thing the term 'demisexual' seems to do is make arguments about the term 'demisexual'

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

oh no a slightly less than ideal photo of a politician

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sorry but racism against the finnish is not really a thing these days and hasn't been a long time

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

The reason I'm here is to optimize factory ratios in DSP.

That really gets me going tho

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bitcoin miners are the ecoterrorists

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

we should ban people aged 0-100 from the internet

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bismuth posted:

languages that use gender outside of pronouns are dumb and I wont hear any arguments on that

Languages that have gendered pronouns are dumb

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

someone please explain pro skub vs. anti skub to me in excruciating detail

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lmao

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Steak is pretty great tbh

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

proudly display your moobs imo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Skwirl posted:

It's hilarious how dumb wizards are in Harry Potter. They all have more power than a nuclear bomb and also never learned basic multiplication. We're gonna teach you how to kill hundreds of thousands of people all at once, we aren't gonna teach you about how to pay your gas bill.

It's almost like the books are for children

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

teens are gonna teen

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

you either stag do or stag don't

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

A high school making kids read Ulysses seems a bit sadistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU