Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

The worst is that math post with symbols representing numbers and equations where the last one has order of operations issues. It must be specifically designed to get people to argue and it just keeps popping up with different symbols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

The “what’s the male Karen?” thing is dumb in the same way that conservatives try to force humor with “thing, but conservative”. You can’t just take a thing and say “thing, but male” and have it take off in the same way, because it’s just completely different.

Edit: male version of bbq Becky is George Zimmerman, if that helps.

Faustian Bargain has a new favorite as of 15:48 on Apr 7, 2020

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I can picture this one immediately before or after a meme making fun of Greta Thunberg.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Tony Phillips posted:

Posted a few things from a "friend" a while back. More of a social acquaintance that I added on Facebook before realizing the depths of his poo poo that I keep around for recreational outrage / eye rolling.
This stuff is more or less why I got rid of Facebook. I don’t know who comes up with these knee slappers but I can’t understand the kind of person who actually thinks they are funny/clever.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Dixville posted:

Netflix is not the idiot

I love companies telling these types to gently caress off.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

T-shirt tucked into pants is an alpha look. I'm betting this guy has a cell phone holster.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Midnight Voyager posted:

That's the same thing my aunt did during the Trump election runup when friends/coworkers of hers pushed back on her lovely opinions. "Stepped away" and stopped posting her opinions. Not thinking about them or why she has them, just not listening to other people.
It’s very funny/sad when people tuck their tails and run and don’t ever question their beliefs. Happened to me last night when my libertarian friend was going off about the riots and I asked him why property was more important to him than people dying.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Knormal posted:

This is why I'm always careful to stuff all the semen back in afterwards.
Just pinch the tip so it can't escape.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Isn't Babylon Bee run by that guy who always makes strained arguments against THE GAYS? The only people I've seen share their articles are a libertarian and a marine who unironically shares prager u videos.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

You dumbass. I'm not having sex with a My Little Pony pillow. I'm masturbating with a My Little Pony pillow. Big difference, you absolute moron.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Canned Panda posted:

Same cousin just shared this.

Always replace "thug" terminology with "black" to get a better feel of these views.

You'll never get through to morons like this who think cops are saints who only go after violent criminals vs the reality of brutalizing protesters and killing unarmed black people.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Explain the joke here please. Why yes I'm a programmer

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Someone photoshop this text into a Ben Shapiro tweet.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Ben Shapiro is a tucked in tshirt guy, says a lot.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Does anyone under 50 care about the Oscars?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

“The taliban actually have a lot of good ideas” - a freedom supporting patriot

Seriously how can you get so close to getting it and just not.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Saw this ad on LinkedIn that looked pretty cool, water weight load testing for on site cranes. Then I looked at the 5 comments.

Oscar Goos posted:

Interesting to see how water is used for weight capacity testing. Do you need to know the definition of density to perform a test like this or is it developed to be done by the dumbest of the dumbest.
Okay, so far pretty tame…then he replied to his own post with whatever this is.

Oscar Goos posted:

Well to be honest, I appreciate your response and your work as testing company by using water as a weight, it is interesting to see. I'm one of these conservatives who is fed up with companies with only one goal to make the shareholder happy on the expense of the a society and workers that do the work for them. You know the type of wokacola type of company.
What I hope to say is that companies have to make money to exist and need to compete and that puts employers in a force field of interests. I hope you're one of these companies that always keep an eye on the balance of business goals and social obligations and stay far ways from the poisoned left cancel and woke culture.

I do understand that you are wondered where is this going to your right ... nowhere 😀. Furthermore, I wish you success in your business of testing don't forget to stay away from the "Madness of the crowd" Douglas Murray.
:psyduck:

Even the company is baffled.

Water Weights posted:

Hi Oscar, I'm not really sure where you want to lead this correspondence. Our aim is and always will be, "Everyone goes home at the end of the shift." Safety is always first, then you can list such things as life cycle support, operations, and maintenance of the plant. I hope this finds you well. Best regards.

Oscar Goos posted:

But then you need to read and that requires reading skills is that's what companies don't want nowadays. 🙄. You get where I want to go to how dumb do cooperates need their employees to be.?

Water Weights posted:

Hi Oscar, comes with a load measuring device that tells you the weight in any unit you want. 🙂

What is with conservatives busting into things unprompted with these rants? This guy definitely found some videos on YouTube that made himself feel like the smartest guy in the room and he had to let everyone know right?

Or is it just a bot?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I like how some of the lazy lions appear to have that anime sex face

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Even assuming that nfts are what crypto bros want them to be, what’s the point of these randomly generated pics and giving them “value”? Is it just a naked display of wealth or just a scam? Both?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Haha this guy literally did the Dems: you’re* tweet

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/1465676969622786056

Also mr beast is cool except he shouts out pewdiepie all the time, oops

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Bean Garrison

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Serperoth posted:

49$/subscriber/month to sell them bullshit tips sounds like a good hustle tbh
i know a guy who runs his own “financial advice” consulting business on the side. there’s no way i’m taking advice from a dude who’s been a software eng level 2 (level 1 to level 2 is you have a brain and worked there for a year but have basically zero autonomy)

he also got his house on the cheap because he bought it for about 60% market value because his parents sold it to him. as you can imagine, he’s one of those who believes in pulling oneself up by the bootstraps.

can’t imagine it’s going super well, all his posts on socials are inspirational garbage quotes.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

complains about seeing partial titty is a lol. i assume this guy is from some backwards conservative sexually repressive country run by religious zealots like the usa if he’s popping ragers in public over it.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

“willing to work in a daily wire film” SHOULD immediately disqualify you for working for any other “normal” company.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

HopperUK posted:

She's picking on someone lovely here. Jessie's only fault is that Enterprise is her favourite Star Trek.
i agree. the only correct answer is voyager obviously

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Are there any lesbians in Star Trek
on Picard, yes

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Tiggum posted:

Everyone I know in real life uses Facebook Messenger as their primary means of communication
this is baffling to me. how old are you? i’m early 40s and zero of my friends use fb messenger or even facebook for anything other than marketplace. fb has been the boomer site for years.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Panfilo posted:

Who would say such a silly thing?
https://twitter.com/JimmyPatronis/status/1709634989707440540?t=aq6cQ7Ic6urWlmZuS60G5g&s=19
the Florida state fire Marshall, of course
things that people under 40 definitely use. just do landlines if this is your logic.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

as long as my soros check clears i could give a gently caress less, my posts are too dumb to be monetized

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

chewed on? is this weird aussie french slang too?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

blockchain/bitcoin is a lol

tesla model s is delusional

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

yeah that actually seems to be a good use of the headset, what’s the problem?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

someone i know recently fell for one of those scams for about 20k and it somehow wasn’t a red flag when the scammer had them turn it into bitcoin

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

i don’t have an xtea account, what are the replies like?

e: for that cop tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

why would you eat a chik fil a spicy chicken sandwich when the popeye’s spicy chicken sandwich is better?

that’s the unbelievable part of the story