Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Garrand posted:

Taken at face value they are just pictures of the admin side of twitter from the recent hack/incident. Literally just showing that yes, admins are able to do things to user's accounts, as would be expected.

The control panel of one of the greatest modern media juggernauts in the world looks like the interface to an early Javascript idle game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Monkey posted:

Haha jokes on you, I was only pretending to be an idiot.

No, he’s pretending to be a humorist. Self-identifying as conservative proves that he actually is an idiot.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

Actually true but instead of like a bonafide secret organization it's a bunch of old money and criminally wealthy types with ties to hitmen and their hands in military-industrial pockets who passive-aggressively assure you that they'll win at Shadow War.

Only they say it in terms more befitting a Mean Girls group in a high school.

Humans are loving dumb.

He’s worth $180,000,000,000. He could build a base on the moon and drop canisters of cash into the Atlantic ocean if he wanted to help. No one could touch him. He’s a psychopath, so he doesn’t care.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lol. I wonder if it worked.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lol, wow. Human beings are very dumb.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So Mr. "Not Finishing This Series Everyone Already Soured On Because of How the TV Adaptation Ended" here mispronounced the name of a magazine at the Hugos. This is what he has to say for himself:

https://twitter.com/GRRMspeaking/status/1289587967086870528

That seems fine. I’m not going to bother looking up whether or not Voltaire actually said that, but the sentiment is reasonable. “There’s no point in making GBS threads all over each other for minor mistakes.”

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lemniscate Blue posted:

He mispronounced a lot of names, mostly of authors of color, and despite the fact that a) all nominees submitted guides to how their names are pronounced, and b) it was pre-recorded, so if he had given any fucks at all he would have done it right.

There's other stuff, but he really showed his rear end.
Oh, really? That’s disappointing. I guess he’s at the fat lazy old man phoning it in part of his career arc.

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah that's how a fat man who wrote three decent novels during the second Clinton Administration has ridden goodwill for two decades despite objectively failing at every responsibility handed to him personally and publicly documenting it.

There's always a limit before it gets mean-spirited, but GRRM is a punching bag for a reason. Dude kind-of earned it.
To be fair, he actually wrote a lot of extremely good short stories and novellas going back almost 50 years. A Song of Ice and Fire is just the first of his works to be turned into a hit television series.

Nastyman posted:

Usually when a man posts that it's because he just had to remodel his closet to fit more skeletons.
Fair point.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

seiferguy posted:

LinkedIn is a loving cancer sometimes:

That second guy sounds like a loving chump.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

According to my spreadsheet, I've submitted 11,528 job applications over the last 10 years, have had a little over 500 interviews, and have yet to find a full-time job. Where's my loving job, LinkedIn rear end in a top hat?

Do you still have the photo of that cancerous anal prolapse on your cover letter?

Edit: Lowtax. That’s who I was trying to think of.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Manuel Calavera posted:

E - I try to not use the knives here at the hospital I work at now. I bring my own knives. At least they bought me a new knife roll so I didn't have to. They offered knives, but I just wanted the smaller roll.

That took a swerve. Just so I’m clear, you work in the cafeteria or something, right?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I hear something saying
Gasp (ooh)
Wheeze (ah)
Gasp (ooh)
Wheeze (ah)
Well don’t you know
That’s the sound of Herman
Working on the Cain gang

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I’ve never played a game of StarCraft in my life, and even I know it’s not zurge rush. Too bad, because I was really buying their arguments until I saw that and realized they had to be stupid.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Kobe taught us how to score.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

5TonsOfFlax posted:

It's an occlupanid.

But, yes, I'm over 40.

Holy poo poo did someone put a lot of work into that site.

Also, I really want Cane’s, now. There are two of them in the Cleveland area for some reason. That’s less than three hours from me. Maybe I just picked up a weekend project.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

What was Boseman’s felony? Does it exist?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

Pretty sure they just don't know who Boseman is and assumed because he was a black man in the news it must be related to police brutality, and if he was black brutalized by police he must have been a criminal.

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

They're racists. They assume every black man is a felon.

Got it.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Grimdude posted:

There's just something about posting this, being an avid Trump supporter, and calling OTHER people's critical thinking and memory skills into question that just hits every spot.

(This person posts the most insanely stupid poo poo multiple times per day, most of which insults liberals for "being dumb and so goddamn crazy!" and then expects people like me to want to associate with them at all)

What is the Bubba Wallace hoax? Are they claiming he didn’t drive a Black Lives Matter car, or that he isn’t black, or just that he doesn’t exist?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

What’s a sword daddy? I see an eggplant. Is a sword daddy a dude with good dick?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lol, the scale puts it over the top.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Can we get a summary? That link won’t let me view the video, and is insisting that I “open TokTok,” so it can go gently caress itself.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Bobby Digital posted:

Context: everyone knew the Chiefs offense was going to be good.

https://twitter.com/da_damaga/status/1304382661213945856?s=21
More context: the sun does not rise in the west.

There’s also the fact that we pay cops and firefighters to do that. It’s their place in society. We pay NFL players to play football. Zero cops performed successful open-heart surgeries on 9/11. I doubt any firefighters landed rovers on Mars.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
We had to sexualize the children to save them from being sexualized.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

cage-free egghead posted:

https://i.imgur.com/xvNi1pa

Can't figure out how to embed in the thread without blowing up the proportions

It’s all tiresome boilerplate bullshit, but I did like, “Trump is doing a great job! Blame some other politician for the fact that everything sucks poo poo.”

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

If local legislation has the power to completely overrule the president on everything that matters, to the point they can prevent even our Perfect God-King Trump's efforts, then I guess we don't need the Electoral College after all, right? They're always saying we need it to shield the small communities and rural states from a "coastal elite" style president, but if the president's influence is completely blocked by more local government, there's no need, yeah?

I don’t think we need the Electoral College, anyway, so I’m on board.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
In space, no one can hear you cream.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Can’t they just add green tits in post?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Sunswipe posted:

OP is not the idiot.
https://twitter.com/miniondeathcult/status/1309228090439036928

Between the guns and the spare mags, that guy's gotta be carrying about 120 rounds of ammo. I'd love to know what situation he's imagining that needs all that.
He doesn’t expect to need all that ammunition. With a gun on each hip, plus two more strapped to his thighs, and all worn conspicuously on the outside, he’s just a douchebag who thinks he’s making a point.

OwlFancier posted:

Actually looking at it more it makes perfect sense because you only have two hands so the solution to being able to grab his guns from behind is to have an extra pair of them cos you can't grab all of them at once.
I’m picturing that Jackie Chan gag where two of them grabbed the same staff and fight to get their hands to the top.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

wizzardstaff posted:

There's a trend of "adult coloring books" that aren't anything sexy, just nice patterns and pictures with more detail than children's coloring books tend to have.

But even that has exceptions. :nws:

Seems OK. Those women are fully, if revealingly, clothed. Also, I found those coloring books on my iPad a year or so back, and they really can be quite meditative. Yesterday, I opened one up for the first time in about a year. I could see really enjoying them if I had any clue whatsoever about color, shading, or art in general.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I really like anime girls
They are so pretty
Sometimes if I’m nice to them
They’ll show me anime titties

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Sunswipe posted:

If someone's wearing a necklace of 28 toe bones, they could all be from the same person. The guy wearing a necklace of 28 skulls is letting you know exactly how many people he's killed. That is why skulls are better.

That would be an extremely unwieldy necklace. You can’t possibly be an effective warrior if you’re constantly using one hand to push skulls out of your field of vision.

Edit: I guess, rather than a warrior, you could be a serial killer. Still, —stealth.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Thooooose skulls are tiny. Besides, Shiva has arms to spare.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Well not everyone has a giant goddamn head Willie.

Also that's Kali

With skulls? I thought Shiva had the skulls and such adornments.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

The image in question is the aftermath of the slaying of the demon Raktabija. Kali, drunk on the blood of demons, treading upon the prone Shiva

Thanks! I guess that explains the long hair.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Kali’s hair is far more luxurious and looks like it came from a salon.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
My skull is poo poo, just absolute garbage.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Don’t jerk off on Zoom calls, and learn what Occam’s Razor is.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lobster God posted:

https://twitter.com/nick_forbes/status/1318592962712961030

This is the head of the Labour Local Government Association

He’s right, though.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Dewgy posted:

No, no he is not.

Baron von Eevl posted:

20:20:20 in 2020 will actually have happened 366 times in each time zone before the year is through.

Oh, lol. I thought the day was included. Carry on.

Edit: I’m not sure which month I thought was the 20th.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Monkey posted:

From another thread.

Lol, that last detail is chef’s kiss. I saw this story in some other threads yesterday, but I guess the dad hadn’t popped up, yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Rage McDougal posted:

Medium blogs count as social media, right?

Someone posed a defense of CDPR's crunch for Cyberpunk 2077. I tried reading it this morning as I'm a broken human who likes kicking off my day by getting angry at stupid takes (it's why I read this thread!) but I couldn't even get past the intro:

[CITATION loving NEEDED]

It doesn’t even matter if the claim is correct, because [specific economic niche] != [overall economic health]. Prostitution was going gangbangers during the Great Depression, but it would be difficult to prove the economy was doing well at that time. If there was suddenly an enormous demand for mimes, it wouldn’t necessarily mean all the other jobs weren’t in the shitter.

Edit: It also wouldn’t prove that employees weren’t being treated like poo poo.