Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

the chuds have returned to their habitat nature is healing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!

atomicgeek posted:

Bean talk has been on the wane, but I have bean wisdom to share. To wit, if you have dry beans, and you just don't loving know how to transform them into hot, tasty fiber, here's what you do:

Get a pound of dry beans, and pick through them. Get rid of beans with broken skins, beans that are shriveled, beans that cry out to you in strange voices, beans that only you can see and nobody else in the room, and beans that remind you of your dead lover. Cursed beans cook just fine but honestly it's not worth having cursed burritos on the other end. Also, the shriveled ones turn into loving rocks and sometimes you bite them and it's horrible.

Put the beans in a really big pot. Cover them with 2-3 inches of water, and bring it to a boil. Boil them for two minutes, turn off the heat, cover the pot, and walk off for two hours. Play a video game that only partly satisfies you. Stare outside. Pet your cat absently and mentally construct a dovecote or a poison garden outside your stale, tiny apartment. Shake off your reverie, write in your journal about what is to come, come back inside, and tend to your beans.

Bring the beans back up to a boil and partially cover them this time. Check every 15 minutes or so; taste your cooking beans, and once they're tender to a level that you like, turn off the heat and get ready for THE GREAT PACKING. Basically you want containers for your beans that contain an amount you'd use in a typical recipe (for most beans it's gonna be dividing your dry pound into 3-4 cooked portions) PLUS room for bean juice. Myself, I mostly cook black beans and divide them in 3. You want room in your storage to soak the beans in bean juice with a little room left over for freezing expansion, plus you're going to splash in some vinegar (it does not matter what kind)(In my case, I do a capful of rice vinegar, which I estimate to be roughly 1 tbsp). Goons will tell you bean juice is what farts are made of, but that's also where nutrition is stored. What's worse to you? Wasting away, pale and sad, or being strong and firm and farting like Hephaestus himself as he works his mighty volcanic forge? I know where I've thrown my lot in.

Anyway, shove those containers in your freezer, they'll take about a day to defrost when you need them, and you will. You'll need beans.

Big thanks for the write-up, and a free bump for you and anyone else who has never cooked with non-pre-hydrated beans. After hearing about the ~6% reduction in the meatpacking industry, I am embracing my future in dry beans and will use this advice. The grocery store nearest to me is a regional chain with interestingly individualized stores, with mine serving a pretty sizeable local latino community (I mention this because I live in a sea of white people), and I haven't seen a shortage of beans/dried peppers like in other stores. We're set to reopen state-wide in about a week, but I won't be going anywhere except work and this grocery store until the end of summer.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Trixie Hardcore posted:

We ordered a bottle of whiskey via curbside and checked the box that said they could make substitutions because hey let's not be picky about brands right now but they substituted whiskey for FLAVORED whiskey and now I have a big rear end bottle of toasted caramel "how desperate are you really" that I paid $40 for.

lmao owned

GovIsLyingBoutCvD
Apr 21, 2020

by Cyrano4747

etalian posted:

Yeah the CBO claiming the unemployment and economy will turn around in 1 quarter / 3rd Quarter looks like a garbage prediction given real world history,

When did they claim that?

GovIsLyingBoutCvD has issued a correction as of 04:14 on Apr 26, 2020

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

GovIsLyingBoutCvD posted:

When ddi they claim that?

lol, wow all in quarter they predict the employment will improve from 16% to 11% when historical records show recession require multiple years to recover.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Inceltown posted:

roni break. Look at this couples happy relationship puff piece get them owned.

#relationshipgoals

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Oneiros posted:

the chuds have returned to their habitat nature is healing

I wonder if that'll be in a future textbook showing how the bad people look like anyone else, like they did with the nazis.

I mean, all white, but that's expected.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

etalian posted:

lol, wow all in quarter they predict the employment will improve from 16% to 11% when historical records show recession require multiple years to recover.

ahahaha this is some magical thinking bullshit

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The economy will bounce back for those that matter. The rich

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
love my idiot town

https://twitter.com/baseballnchill/status/1254170621975486464?s=20

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

2DCAT posted:

When did the forums get a property app? :thunk:

The landlords got tired of their thread getting invaded so they made an app

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
So I don't know if I mentioned I took leave from work at a major drug store because customers are acting stupid (Davenport, IA) and personally it has been wonderful. Normally I don't want to leave the house anyway - not agoraphobia, just nothing I find rewarding out there. I'm getting excited finally cleaning and organizing the house and garage after moving in four years ago, and these are some messy rear end people. Living my best life, at least some good is coming from this.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

ahahaha this is some magical thinking bullshit

Once to again emphasize there has never been a recession in US history that didn't take years to recover to the pre-recession unemployment numbers.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

nature is healing

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

i feel for them. i'm getting super lonely this week, hormones are wack yo
i wanna buy a strange woman a drink and makeout in the bar bathroom

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1254247571276603396

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

:mrgw:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

guys. guys. sources close to my bloodline are telling me we need to build a wall around New York and then reopen the country so people can get their dignity back.

we got em.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

really dislike this guy's reporting, he never ever gives any loving context period. I can understand not on every tweet but he just pastes in the bare minimum every time, never links any analysis or context.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Cithen posted:

beans here! get your beans here!

https://meh.com/

someone already posted it, but didn't include the complicated link

this thread is now linked from their main page as a top referrer because you posted this i hope youre happy

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

someone post that nature is healing animal in the ocean tweet for me

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Pardot posted:

this thread is now linked from their main page as a top referrer because you posted this i hope youre happy

we should post it from the pisstape thread on some other day to drive traffic to pisstape from meh

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1254246504706879489

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Pardot posted:

greetings meh dot com readers! welcome to cspam.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Kim Jong Un dying

the undying

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Cool, just found out my blood pressure is like 155/110 and I'm turning 40 next month.

I was dying before roni was cool

that’s only like a 2% chance to die, according to that article

Although... if you’ve played XCOM...

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

hello thread, any good (hell, GREAT) news today? It can’t be all bad, still?

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

*ghanan dancing pallbearers stroll in, clad in bathing suits*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

that’s only like a 2% chance to die, according to that article

Although... if you’ve played XCOM...

https://twitter.com/fujyno/status/1238155063283142656

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ruggan posted:

someone post that nature is healing animal in the ocean tweet for me

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

new mini x-com is fun for being xeno cops

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

not an endorsement posted:

new mini x-com is fun for being xeno cops

It feels low production / all the asset re-use but at least it's only $10...

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

etalian posted:

It feels low production / all the asset re-use but at least it's only $10...

paid $10 usd for breach mechanic, worth it

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

https://twitter.com/taladorei/status/1243190429283213313?s=20

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If I get a vaccine made from Tom Hanks blood, does that mean I am able to collect royalties on his movies since I my blood would be full of Tom Hanks?

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007

Spinz posted:

Well I don't know what you mean by palate is poo poo. I roasted carrots, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, zuchinni, and onions after sprinkling with olive oil. Whatever they had I bought. Almost doesn't matter with veggies. 375 ish on a cookie sheet on parchment paper, easy clean up

And I sauteed in olive oil kale, leeks, bok choy, onions etc
And put this ^ cold atop lettuces

In addition I ate raw veggies too. The roasted and sauteed veggies are genuinely good and again you can eat a HUGE amount of veggies and not go high in calories. No dip or anything. Ate an avocado a day too for fat.

I'm blessed with loving veggies. Besides this I ate fruit and roasted chicken. We all know how to eat right. I knew that I really really was going to eat a lot (I had quit smoking) so I made sure I had plenty of veggies to eat. It really worked.

Good luck, pm if you want.

I just mean i'm too used to food with shitloads of salt/sugar etc. so a lot of vegetables just taste really bad to me. I'm well aware i'll get used to it after a bit though, so I think I'll power through it when I can get a regular supply of vegetables on the go. Cheers, lol.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I cleaned my office and now I can't stop being happy ugh, we still live in hell tho

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ilovejohnkimble/status/1254235642487332865

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Move to LA county, man. We have free tests that are easy to get, we require masks in all businesses, and we have relatively thorough lockdown

I heard only 1/3 of Anaheim shoppers wear masks, sheesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

This MFer so fat he gotta have a train lmao