Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

clearly we need to make banjo mod at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Shine posted:

I'm the wrestling mod now. Who wants to wrestle?

I'll bring in The Great Falkonetti from The Board if I dont have buttons within the next twelve hours.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they should make the wrestlers face each other on FirePro and broadcast that, like what NASCAR has been doing.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder how much stuff AEW has on tape before they run out.

Four supercards, two of which can probably be spread out over two weeks and a back catalog of Dark matches.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

roman will pull into the parking lot of undisclosed venue in his 2003 toyota camry, in gear. as he takes his seatbelt off, a big yellow hummer parks immediately to his left, so close he cant open his door and he's trapped in his car!!!! he's uselessly beating on his window and shouting as braun strowman exits the hummer and leaves the parking lot.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TriffTshngo posted:

I wasn't posting here around then but I remember the common sentiment with a lot of fans being "yeah he sucks in the ring but he's such a good talker" and none of the stories had come out about how much he loving sucked as a person yet. I think that Simon Gotch interview everyone had in the recommended slot for like 2 years came out around that time, maybe a bit afterward.

that thumbnail still haunts me

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tonight was a fine card considering the circumstances. I thought it was a good show and outside of a couple matches everyone clearly tried very hard. I especially dug the trash talk between bryan and zayn along with seth and owens. Better than wm11 and 9 so it's not the worst ever like i feared it could be

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Yeah but AJ is the heel

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Shayna isn't the best choice to beat Becky. The best choice is Bianca.

yknow bayley and becky have never had any significant feud.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Where does Shayna go from here? She's done.

ah i see you are not familiar with shayna's run in nxt. you see, if she is in a championship match, and loses, her next feud is...*reads notes* ah, with the champion.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

Feels like its been 3 or 4 consecutive years of "You know who'd be the best for the main roster women's title feud? An NXT chick"

I don't get how there's 2 entire main roster women's divisions that are 95% jobbers. Like how did EVERYBODY lose that much. Like even accounting for feeding Alexa Bliss and the horsewomen the math still doesn't work out.

i will not take the bait

i will not get probated

no matter how correct the post would be

BLAISE330 WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO DO THIS TO ME

WHY WOULD YOU MAKE ME POST IT

IM NOT GOING TO

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

Feels like its been 3 or 4 consecutive years of "You know who'd be the best for the main roster women's title feud? An NXT chick"

I don't get how there's 2 entire main roster women's divisions that are 95% jobbers. Like how did EVERYBODY lose that much. Like even accounting for feeding Alexa Bliss and the horsewomen the math still doesn't work out.

:cry: :cry:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bradzilla posted:

I didn't watch Wrestlemania and the results looks pretty bad. Good luck with the next 7 hour deathmarch tonight, friends

last nights card was decent. all the wrestlers worked really hard.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

which would be the more jarring visual, randy orton in long tights or edge in trunks?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

get in the loving ring cena

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

John Cena plays a real good Shinji Ikari

*John Cena gives Rey an Attitude Adjustment, screaming*

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

John Cena plays a real good Shinji Ikari

i worked way too long on this

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Idk I always wanted a sting card

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Stripping your champ because he legally can't come to tapings in the country due to a plague

https://twitter.com/RealKingRegal/status/1247910430229626881

Just TNA things~

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm excited at the prospect of WWE buying up japanese promotions tape libraries. Would add a ton of great stuff to watch in high quality.

They wouldn't be buying the libraries, just the promotional assets, rings, copyrights, contracts, merchandise etc. All of the glory years of All Japan's tape library is owned by NTV, not AJPW.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean if DAZN would have made a push to license various promotional libraries as part of their package the same way many streaming services do for movies it wouldn't have been the worst or most monopolistic thing in the world.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Can you imagine Michael Cole & Corey Graves doing commentary on 9/6/95 Holy Demon Army vs Kobashi & Misawa? Maybe we get really lucky & have Maggle Cole & Sam Roberts doing 18/7/05 Kobashi vs Sasaki?

Yes, I also agree that, as a consumer, there being one big service with all the wrestling on it would be great & more cost-effective than subbing to 3 or 4 different services. But as a wrestling fan I like the existence of a variety of promotions who have different styles & presentation & are different sizes. Especially as modern WWE is already the opposite of what I want from a wrestling company. I like grimy indie wrestling featuring green as grass talent, some of my fondest memories are of watching IWAMS shows where guys like Jimmy Jacobs, CM Punk, Tyler Black, Matt Sydal, Ricochet, Chuck Taylor, Chris Hero all got regular work to just do whatever the gently caress they wanted in a small high school gym (often in front of a couple of dozen people because Ian is the worst promoter in the world) and they got to learn to be wrestlers. Talking about people 6 months, 2 years into their careers. It's not "good" per se in the way that a Tokyo Dome main event is but it's exciting & raw & there's value in that. WWE will literally never give you exciting & raw & built on promise mixed with fat guys bleeding everywhere, everything has to be polished so much. I'm not saying there's no place for that, that's fine, but I'm glad that's not all that wrestling is.

If anyone is going to be the overseer of all the wrestling content I'd really rather it not be Vince & family.

kassius ohno and vic joseph did commentary on undertaker vs hakushi from SWS for one of the later undertaker collections so that may be the chosen pair for anything involving japan and mexico, which is probably a really good duo.

im just now remembering the conversation me and massrafter were having where i was trying to convince him to buy the IWA-MS tape library :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

How much of WCW's video archives have WWE put up on the Network?

All of Nitro and Thunder, only a smattering of Saturday Night, and almost zero Pro/Main Event.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Benne posted:

lol I forgot they signed Hijo del Fantasma

Talk about people falling off the face of the earth the moment they join the fed

Raechel Ellering has been signed for *looks at calendar* three years.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

If anyone hasnt yet, track down the latest Dark Side of the Ring. Whitehall and Allentown PD look absolutely blatant in their corruption on how they handled the death of Nancy Argentino.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hawkins release sucks because it probably means no more wrestling figure vlogs

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MONEY ON THE loving TABLE.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Accident Underwater posted:

Is NXT already taped tonight? Is that why Drake is saying he's still on the show?

NXT is live to honor the contract they have with USA.

Peyton Royce and Kairi Hojo gone as well.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CVagts posted:

Wasn't Kairi's contract due soon anyway, and the scuttlebutt was that she might not re-sign?

turned down an extension in january.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

No Way Jose gone

no way

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I sincerely hope that Ryder did not blow all his money on action figures and was smart enough to put a substantial amount in savings.

he claims that he actually profits from his collecting when it comes to flipping pieces and actually made ~$30k+ when trying to complete the collection of hasbros

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

impact has released bram

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

For reals though get Rusev in the G1 cause he is starving for BEEF :stwoon:

rusev vs shingo
rusev vs ishii
rusev vs EVIL

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alaois posted:

rusev vs yanu

o;h my gOD

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Coaaab posted:

would have a worse g1 than cobb

cobb had a good g1. the issue is everyone else had a great g1

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

pray for robert fish

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

so i guess this is the final official tally of main roster releases today, according to the main website. this should probably be placed in the OP.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he's karrion kross because when he goes to the main roster and vince sees scarlett, he's dead meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

I wonder if Xavier will have to change things on UUDD - especially the battle of the brands - due to all the releases.

probably not until they debut on aew.