Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I know this shutdown has been hard on a lot of people. What are you doing to make money and get by?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Personally, I've started cooking meals for people in my building

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Armchair Calvinist posted:

I work in the travel vertical and just got laid off yesterday with half of our entire staff

If anyone needs an analyst in SF hmu

What's a travel vertical? Is that like flying?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'm planning to take some selfies in a gasmask and find a postapocalyptic dates

Just make sure you actually have filters, or else you're gonna be That Guy from the meme

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Found a new role model:
https://nypost.com/2020/03/30/brooklyn-man-arrested-for-hoarding-masks-coughing-on-fbi-agents/

quote:

A Brooklyn man claiming to be infected with the coronavirus coughed on FBI agents who were investigating him for hoarding medical supplies, the US Attorney’s Office said Monday.

Baruch Feldheim, 43, is facing charges of assault and making false statements to the feds on Sunday outside his Borough Park home where he allegedly peddled and stored massive amounts of N95 respirator masks, federal officials said.

Feldheim is also accused of price-gouging. On March 18, he’s suspected of selling a New Jersey doctor about 1,000 of the masks for $12,000, a markup of roughly 700 percent, authorities said.

The accused fraudster also directed another doctor to an Irvington, NJ, auto repair shop to pick up another order. There, the doctor reported to investigators that Feldheim was allegedly hoarding enough medical supplies “to outfit an entire hospital.”

The materials included hand sanitizers, Clorox wipes, chemical cleaning agents and surgical supplies.

By last Monday, Feldheim was operating from his Brooklyn home, offering to push surgical gowns to a nurse, the feds said.

Two days later, the suspected hoarder received a gigantic shipment at his home of about eight pallets of face masks.

FBI agents then staked out his house, first noticing empty boxes of N95 masks outside.

On Sunday, they said they witnessed “multiple instances” of people approaching Feldheim’s residence and walking away with what appeared to be medical supplies.
Following Feldheim’s arrest, the FBI on Monday night raided a warehouse on Pennsylvania Avenue in an industrial section of Linden, NJ, that housed Feldhim’s suspected stash of 80,000 masks, a source said.

Mask-wearing agents and other workers placed the eight pallets of medical supplies into a box truck.

This guy got hustle

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmNqXaGuo2k

Idk why you guys are so down on him dude was smart, aggressive, and acted fast to capitalize on market trends

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Rad-daddio posted:

Do you have a legit day trading account? Last I checked, you needed like 20k to open one.

20k trades?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Stealing from undermanned shops seems popular. I saw st least 3 people doing it just today