Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

Why'd you kill me Sandwolf?

It was some mixture of feeling comfortably that you were scum or a town PR tryna law low D1. I saw Bif wanted to keep me alive when she realized I was other scum, I thought Solus was last scum, and felt Bif had me dead-to-rights.

After Hum flipped it was important to me to muddle the waters as much as possible, I needed more and more confusing information to be released. D2 starting with people now being aware Hum was not the only scum or was maybe an SK was the only way I could think to distance myself away from EOD D1. Even if no one connected the dots between Hum and I, I was gonna have suspicion again D2, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

so I killed dmboogie for a few reasons.

1) I wasn't really sure how many scum there would be in the game. I acutally mathed it out in the discord with somber where I dumped all my thoughts:

quote:

I'm sorely tempted to kill dmboogie
There are 9 left, I'm assuming 2 of us will die. If 1/3 of the game was scum to begin with there are 3 left
There's a 3/8 chance boogie is bad news. If I'm wrong and 3 town die the it's 50/50 town/scum which I think is a loss
Unless there are 2 scum teams and they have to overpower each other
This was on the assumption of 5 scum, which I thought was 2/2/1 with the 1 being serial killer. So a bit of maths that it wouldn't be the worst thing I could take a punt on. Besides, who would know it was me? This relates to 4. Of course this math was wrong, as I did this debating during night when there were only 8 players left.

2) I was a bit suspicious of dmboogie because I was suspicious of everyone. Obviously boogie wasn't my top suspect, but the only suspect I could directly do something about. We were married in the flavour, and my flavour mentioned my character was scared of them and that "mara" had come to bed with a hammer. I bought a gun to protect myself. Boogie confirmed that he had killed someone in his flavour, and I started to worry that the multiple marks opening up kills was to give scum an advantage late game, or in particular to let a serial killer accelerate their way to victory. Maybe he'd gotten a taste for it and wanted more?

3) This shambled mess of thoughts regarding what boogie was telling me to do that I again sent to somber on discord:

quote:

It's a numbers game entirely. I've been suspicious of boogie, but others seem convinced he's town
Tonight is the first time he's asked me to protect which is really weird
There are still long odds on me going down, short of the fact scum know I can watch, since I clearly don't know what's going on.
Which means I should watch, if boogie is town then I see and snap tell everyone who visited
And because he'd flip mason I can demonstrate from my previous post that I could watch/protect only one person, my mason partner
Protect doesn't do anything because it gives us no clues
I know you can't tell me anything, but it is pretty useful to kind of type it all out I guess
And I guess I can't post this all in the thread because I don't want boogie to know I can kill him, and I don't want the others to know either
Though I guess they could've offered advice on how to play it out. Then again that'd get me killed probably

Basically, it's never a bad idea to watch as I see who kills him. Why would I protect unless he was trying to keep himself in the game for a nefarious purpose.

4) dehumanize and face to bloodshed
Why not? Add some chaos to the end of the game. I guess sandwolf was fishing on day 4, but to see the confusion unfold was definitely part of it. I could always claim because I thought I'd survive, who's night killing the newbie town?

I'd been given the button and by gods on the off chance boogie had a button me I was not going to be second to the punch.

Gun beats hammer, sorry boogie. I voted for sandwolf straight off as you said you would've done. :v:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Boogie killed me so its fair, you were just getting vengeance.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Somber extremely good game flavor was outstanding appreciate the effort

Fun playing with y'all

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also illmuche keep playing that flavor is kick rear end

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Moatillata posted:

Somber extremely good game flavor was outstanding appreciate the effort

Fun playing with y'all

Hey I appreciate you all. I want to reiterate my thanks for everyone playing such a high every game. 37 pages for 3.1 days is impressive and I feel like everyone really contributed in a meaningful way.

I'll do a pull for the raffle either tonight or tomorrow.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Thanks for the game, I really enjoyed many parts of it, despite how I acted. Sorry for yelling and being so caustic everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Toalpaz posted:

Thanks for the game, I really enjoyed many parts of it, despite how I acted. Sorry for yelling and being so caustic everyone.

i think it all worked out okay in the end, i'm glad it was largely enjoyable despite everything.