Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I would like to go to the castle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ilmucche posted:

I've never played forums mafia before. Is this going to be super complicated or do I mostly just shitpost and fling baseless accusations at people?

As in I'd like to play but don't want to gently caress the game up

Just do whatever I tell you to and you’ll be fine

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Some of us had distant ancestors that lived through that, ok

My grandfather died during the Spanish flu.

He fell out of a guard tower

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

Everyone read the OP or I'll police your face

I’ve been at this for nearly a decade, I’m not going to start reading OPs now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hi everyone ##vote sandwolf

Also add Funny Games to the self aware horror list

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am going to give 120% town effort this game

Sure but how much scum effort will you give?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ilmucche posted:

I'm ready to vote infinitum because history has taught me aussies are criminals

Yeah now you're getting it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

all I know about Australia is chippy, bottle-o, and coopers

All Aussies born after 1995 know is eat hot chippy, bottle-o, and coopers

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

grandi, yami, and retro are probably lurkiest right now, be happy to vote any of them, especially grandi he seems to be the most active usually

Wow nice omgus

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Literally nothing of note has happened yet, there's like one serious vote down and it's gut, why are you trying to do lurker callouts already?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah nah ##vote toal

They make the first and seemingly only real vote in that game, and then less than 24 hours to deadline back off it based in nothing. Feels mad self conscience, like scum moving off a bad kill

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

This looks like a real bandwagony vote to me

Yes a very bandwagons vote, what with me having a unique reason for voting them and all. Definitely not possible that you already suspected me and are now making the facts fit your view rather than the other way around.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Toalpaz posted:

This feels like a fine unvote based on a gut read d1.

I don't think RF is making a real read of the situation. I don't think they're evaluating the content of the posts just other people's movement.

Do you think that town players are nice and scum players are mean, full stop always? Because otherwise this is nonsense

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I also have scum vibes from Sandwolf, and definitely not a fan of Inf popping in randomly to offer Mafia dad advice to the newbie and literally nothing else

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Toalpaz posted:

. I think RF changing his reason is more scummy than Hal suggests, because it shows a layer of rationalization that town doesn't really have d1.

What does any of this mean? Where did I change a reason for anything, where did Hal say I changed any reasons for anything, and what in earth does the end point mean at all?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t think Toal is scummy but I just disagree with this point on Moat. It feels like strong outside meta reasons to not vote for someone despite thinking their scum. The above statement is like “Yeah I dont know I don’t think town Moat would do this??” while also describing it as “too scummy.”

I also think it’s weird that Moat has largely disappeared ##vote Moat

RF also feels like he’s being a bit more bulldoggy, and their case feels forced. I’d vote RF too.

I’d also vote Grandi or Kash for still effectively not engaging with the game, but these are lurkervotes.

Moat last posted like 12 hours ago and it’s morning now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Moatillata posted:

I don't like RF coming to my defense also his long post is off meta for me

That wasn't a defense of you, that was resolving an innacurate statement

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Toalpaz posted:

really feel like this case was rehearsed in scumchat multiple times.

That's a pretty hilarious image tbh. "ok remember grandi, Self conscious , we really gotta hammer that in. Ok I love you good luck"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Out of the current crop I feel ##vote RF

I'd also be ok with Somber

I think dmboogie is alright, not liking that direction

Current crop of what, you're my second vote. Also I think we could be confirmed town masons and you'd still think I was scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh we’re doing the last minute switch are we? Great that’s fun. ##vote hum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Or he just woke up. Most of the votes in me are v lazy do better.

I'm going to relook at yesterdays interactions but I expect I'll still be voting Toalpaz.

I feel a lot better about Sandwolf today

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also moat what the gently caress was that, don't do that, even if it's joking it's not funny

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And nobody should feel very good about the hum kill. Just because the last minute change worked this time doesn't mean it's not stupid as hell. I have years of documented rants about this

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I also find it pretty hard to believe that we have three markers and none of them know how their power works, I'm ok with circl today to see a flip

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Infinitum posted:

I don't need an extended rant, but out of curiosity why do you feel the hum kill wasn't 'good'?

There's a big habit in this community of doing nothing all day, slowly building momentum on legitimate cases, and then all of a sudden a few hours to deadline there's a flurry of activity and everyone pivots to someone new, and it rarely works out.

Secondly, it tends to not be good to kill scum D1. I know that seems counterintuitive, but look at what we learned yesterday; not much. We have no history or solid interactions with hum to look at, whereas if Sandwolf died and flipped town at least we could look at the people voting him and catch a few there. That's also why I don't like the last minute switch, regardless of who it kills it throws out a solid day of work from everyone and at best puts us back at square one the next day.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok I have a theory. Given what we know so far, I feel 2 2 person scum teams is more likely than a 3 plus Third party.

So if that’s the case, last night it was Grandi+? on one side and a solo player on the other. The solo player killed a Grandi but the other team didn’t have a kill. Now there’s possible explanations for that, but going Occam’s razor here I think grandi’s partner was roleblocker. Can’t be a scum roleblocker or they’d be taking 2 separate turns last night, and with sandwolf being a bodyguard I doubt we have a doc or jailer.

So, if there’s a town roleblocker, I’m 90% sure you caught scum last night and you should definitely claim now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Moatillata posted:

Just gonna go with it since by his posting I'm p sure he's not a cop or doc

Inf visited you last night.

Im guessing he rolecopped you

Why on earth would you claim here? Even giving you the benefit of the doubt why not draw it out an see what inf was up to?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do support putting the third mark on me to see if I ascend to godhood or explode.

Also moat is town. No scum would have done something this bone headed and outed two power roles for no reason whatsoever

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

dmboogie posted:

##vote Infinitum

something very off how the ‘doctor’ folded so easily, considering doctor is probably one of the worst roles to be open about

Where did inf claim doctor? I'm not seeing it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ah well, there it is.
Yeah I don't buy a bodyguard and doctor

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote inf yeah he's got to be grandis partner, I don't buy those two roles next to each other

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

##vote RF I don’t buy someone who believes there are two scum teams not believing there could be multiple town protective roles

Unless there's some aspect to inf's role that he hasn't mentioned no I don't see it, unless he's a scum doc which we know he's not or he would have saved his pal. I tend to think more like a mod than a player but theme's what's whats

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##unvote ugh yeah I guess it kind if works if Sandwolf is technically one shot. I guess I was thinking about the BP differently

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

and this feels super self conscious

Yeah that's me, Mr. Self conscious.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I did the "show only posts by inf" thing and it didn't seem to show up on mobile 🤷‍♂️

Not that this will help but I'm town role cop.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah well that's why I said it wouldn't help much.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

I agree though that lunching a watcher with a proven result isn't a thing to be done lightly, especially when we can just lunch RF today instead to give it some more time.

I mean you could kill scum instead

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I pretty obviously copped sandwolf

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Now who's not reading the game. Yeah, he came up a BP bodyguard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Infinitum posted:

Great! (Also you hadn't mentioned this previously)

Why would you need to publicly muse over the number of charges Sandwolf has if you've rolecopped them?
You would privately know this information.

I would be happy with an RF lynch today as well.

I wouldn’t really expect a rolecop to explicitly confirm or deny how many shots a power has or more detail than the name.