Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
The shift in tone over the series (from Dahlesque children's gothic to YA urban fantasy) means the Dursleys retrospectively go from broad comedy grotesques to straightforward child abusers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
https://clickhole.com/the-saga-continues-j-k-rowling-has-revealed-that-afte-1828684595/

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

VanSandman posted:

Jesus christ

A lot of the Clickhole Harry Potter articles are good: https://clickhole.com/tag/harry-potter/

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Remake Lemmings but with house elves

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
The show Charmed had a shoehorned-in Hogwarts knock-off around 2003, except it was literally just called "Magic School". (sidenote: there is a much bigger Charmed fanbase online than I would have expected!)

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Maybe she meant to say Oberlin

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Which world leaders do you think are Slytherin oops trick question it's all of them

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Hermione already memory wiped her parents, so she's pretty comfortable crossing boundaries to win family disputes

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

https://clickhole.com/the-saga-cont...-have-sex-with/

rollick fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 16, 2020

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Let's not forget that Hagrid does unquestionably buy into the whole "use magic to... help the muggles? That'd be nonsense!" so he's probably internalized that his failure to complete Hogwarts classes makes him an unperson.

I guess Wizarding Britain is a shame culture.

Maybe all the other countries are more advanced and don't keep slaves and view Britain as like a weird backwater with Voldemort as some local warlord.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

Barudak posted:

I think thats why I don't like Book... 4? 5? Who even loving knows but the one with the Wizarding World Cup which implied other countries would visit or give a poo poo about the UK.

I guess in my mind until that point I could pretend blue hatted wizards from the Unseen Nations deployed as peace keeping forces could help stamp out the VA rebels that the fledgling democracy was too weak to handle

I mean, here in the non-wizarding world, FIFA clearly don't give a poo poo about ethics and exploitation when it comes to choosing world cup hosts, so maybe the quidditch federation is equally corrupt.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
I remember being convinced that Hagrid would sacrifice himself to kill Voldemort in the seventh book, for alchemical reasons (Sirius BLACK, ALBUS Dumbledore and RUBEUS Hagrid).

rollick fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 15, 2021

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Those pics take me back to the days of browsing Elfwood on dialup and wishing I could draw as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Is heaven real for everyone or just wizards? I can't remember religion ever coming up in the series, except hearing there was at least one Jewish pupil maybe?