Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The wizard governments and societies of Harry Potter are horribly dystopian. A small, select group of people with powers that could solve the world’s problems at large with a flick of their wrists chooses to hoard this power for themselves. They also decide what the people not in their elite group can and cannot know and will alter memories without consent to uphold this, up to and including the cause and nature of deaths of loved ones, treating them as little better than animals even creating a separate name name and category for them as if somehow they are less human than they are. Yet somehow these governments and societies are surprised when groups of their fellow elites take things to their logical end and create magic supremacy ideologies. Even at the end of the Harry Potter series the heroes have done nothing to stop this practice which only insures another Voldemort-like figure will rise in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I can’t believe you would see non-magic people in such a bad way! You must be a bad wizard! Now excuse me I need to wipe these muggle’s minds of what they saw because they are too simple to understand magic which makes them dangerous. It’s for their own protection, you see. I am the good guy of the story

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

How come wizard parents are awful and a-ok with their kids almost always dying? Like the goblet of fire tournament thing. Not only is death expected for the contestants but the water contest they literally kidnap their friends and trap them in a lake surrounded by murderous mermaids and a giant squid and not one loving parent objects

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ugly people with no nose, send ‘me to the moon

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

paragon1 posted:

Oh yeah the Wizengamot kangaroo court is hosed up. Yeah just have parliament put me on trial, gently caress it. Let's just insist the defendant is an incredible liar and send them to hell prison instead of using one of the thirty truth telling spells or potions we have in the back.

The best part is, I’m sure unintentionally by the author, all the low level wizards are assumed they willing went along with Voldemort (again based on ideology created by the governing power themselves) get sent to a prison to have their soul ripped out/driven mad by sadness but all the upper class wizards like Draco’s dad claim Voldemort used a mind control curse on them and got off without any punishment despite having the power to see who actually was and was not mind controlled. The government of wizards is more concerned with upholding a class power structure than having genocidal wizard fascists punished for their crimes

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Abracadabra-make-movius-shitius *flick and swish*

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Welcome to my magic school! We have spells and flying brooms! Also in one of our bathrooms the tortured, crying sprit of a murdered child is forced for eternity to exist inside of a toilet

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hogwarts is incredibly lucky wizards are very unimaginative because normal kids are horribly sadistic crazed animals. If you went into a regular school and thought kids how to levitate things it would be less than an hour before some kid would be flinging their poo poo at people in the hallways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Pick posted:

Ugh Voldemort winning is just like the time that german guy took over the chancellorship

I didn’t know Palpatine was German