Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
CV19 has thrown local government into chaos on a WFH basis. Luckily I work for local government, which means my days are spent as follows:

Control (done)
RE3 Remake (done)
Doom Eternal (~2/3 done)
Half Life: Alyx (~1/2 done)
Sekiro (~1/2 done)

Also started:

Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Rage 2
Wolfenstein Youngblood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Sprinkles
Aug 16, 2008

Planet Zoo is pretty fun, plus they are bringing out new updates that (should) make it less horrifyingly maddening

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I still have to go to work (building trades are essential I guess) but I've been playing the new Path of Exile league. Also been slowly working through Doom Eternal.

I decided to commit an afternoon to an incredibly hosed up visnov yesterday. Also spending time messing with Plague Inc and trying to get back in to Terragenesis on my tablet.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I don't remember that game enough to know where you are, guessing you've already upgraded the armor? It was a goddamn bloodbath for me before that.

I have. I noticed that the AI seems to match my research/weapon upgrades in combat which is basically the same thing as constantly leveling up enemies in tandem with you, which makes it no fun at all. Let me blow a bunch of resources and come back and stomp!

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Play posted:

Are there difficulty levels? I don't remember the original game being that difficult, are you playing one of those DLCs or something?

I only remember having to start over completely once, when I got downed by a UFO early and couldn't deal with it. Once you get your guys all leveled up and gnarly it gets somewhat easier. Save states can be abused as well if you need to, so that you don't lose soldiers which is important if you want you guys to be good

I'm on rookie all the way, I'm not using DLC so I think it's naturally an option.

And man, when the ufo caught up with me was not a fun time at all. That mission was BRUTAL.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I've been playing the original ff7 on switch. I'd forgotten how many minigames are in this loving game. It's like a puzzle and cutscene game with the occasional battle.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Just finished God of War, after reading this thread looking at picking up Prey and Control.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Remember when Prey was the game where every door was a sphincter?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a recommendations post hidden in here somewhere, or do I need to just read all five pages to see what people like?

I just finished Uncharted 4, after finishing Arkham City. I’m a bit burned out on intense games that require large time investments. Does PS4 have any good online party games, or things that are easy to pick up and out down? I would lime to compete with other players, but not in shooters.

I also like big-world games where I can tool around discovering things, like in Fallout 3, and New Vegas. How is Death Stranding?

Edit: Man, I wish Apogee would bring their old stuff to PS4. I would love to play all the Duke Nukems (except for that one; you know which one I mean), Cosmo’s Cosmic Adventures, all the Keen games, etc, from the relative comfort of my bed.

Veni Vidi Ameche! fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 13, 2020

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

LabyaMynora posted:

Remember when Prey was the game where every door was a sphincter?

I really enjoyed all the Art Bell broadcasts while exploring the alien mothership, in spite of the sphincters.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Just finished God of War, after reading this thread looking at picking up Prey and Control.

Don't get control. It is very mediocre.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Actually Control is quite good.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Oscar Wild posted:

Don't get control. It is very mediocre.

This is an extremely wrong opinion. Control is fantastic, especially if you play on PC.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Sekiro. Never really played Dark Souls but this is hitting an itch I didn't know I had. The highs and lows of beating a boss and losing a hundred times is thrilling

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Control was boring after the first few environments.

The office level structure is cool for a little but it can get confusing. It's a lot of the same with hidden boxes that contain loot, but the loot is almost never any good.

There isn't a lot of enemy variety outside of the bosses. You had grunts, expoding grunts, flying grunts, and heavy grunts. As you progress, the enemies turn into bullet sponges.

The weapons are boring. Pistol, shotgun, charge gun. They're just there.

The story just really doesn't go anywhere. You can see the beginnings but by the middle its just a knotty mess of half baked plot lines. There is nothing tight about the story, just meandering hints, until you hit a massive info dump.

I don't care about any of the characters, including the main character.

The powers are cool. You should get them earlier.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

George H.W. oval office posted:

Sekiro. Never really played Dark Souls but this is hitting an itch I didn't know I had. The highs and lows of beating a boss and losing a hundred times is thrilling

This is what I'm playing. Its really good. I'm very bad. Where are you? I'm back at the top of the castle for the 2nd time.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Bloodborne
Pokemon Black 2

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

bloodysabbath posted:

CV19 has thrown local government into chaos on a WFH basis. Luckily I work for local government, which means my days are spent as follows:

Control (done)
RE3 Remake (done)
Doom Eternal (~2/3 done)
Half Life: Alyx (~1/2 done)
Sekiro (~1/2 done)

Also started:

Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Rage 2
Wolfenstein Youngblood

How is the FF7 remake?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Parkitect is really cool and a fun spiritual successor to roller coaster tycoon.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

George H.W. oval office posted:

Oscar Wild posted:

This is what I'm playing. Its really good. I'm very bad. Where are you? I'm back at the top of the castle for the 2nd time.

Sekiro is really good and I'm thinking about replaying it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I've been playing a lot of The Golf Club 2. Which is weird, because I don't even play golf in real life but there's something fun and relaxing about it, at least until you start missing putts and cratering your score

Steamworld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech is something I play when I don't want to have to try too hard, it's a turn-based, card-based battle game kind of similar to Slay the Spire but in my opinion with better and more interesting systems as well as better art

Also been playing a bit of Call of Duty: Warzone with some other goons, even though I'm terrible

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
Ive started fishing heavily again. Ill post catches

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
FF7R is really good but the best part is when Cloud tries to pull his giant sword out in a tiny apartment :allears:

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

FF7R is really good but the best part is when Cloud tries to pull his giant sword out in a tiny apartment :allears:
So relatable. The sword is my penis

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Was going through some old stuff my mom had in her storage unit from before I went into the navy and I found an old hard drive I last used in 2010. Plugged it in, poo poo still works. Stepmania's installed on it and its working perfectly, and I have literally thousands of songs on here. Kind of want to buy a DDR pad if I can find a good one online that's not super expensive and play some DDR on my computer again

e: lol its about 7gb of data in the Songs folder for stepmania

Revins fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 21, 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Unfinish3d posted:

Was going through some old stuff my mom had in her storage unit from before I went into the navy and I found an old hard drive I last used in 2010. Plugged it in, poo poo still works. Stepmania's installed on it and its working perfectly, and I have literally thousands of songs on here. Kind of want to buy a DDR pad if I can find a good one online that's not super expensive and play some DDR on my computer again

e: lol its about 7gb of data in the Songs folder for stepmania

if you get a DDR pad you are legally required to try and play Crypt of the Necrodancer on it

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Rutibex posted:

if you get a DDR pad you are legally required to try and play Crypt of the Necrodancer on it

oh gently caress yeah I'm down

danjal
Jun 10, 2009

The older I get the less I care.
Currently playing XIII on the OG xbox, that and Project Zero on the WiiU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
F1 2019 owns. It's a fun, challenging game and my wheel with all the force feedback actually makes it a combination video game/exercise method, which is perfect for this moment in time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I just beat black mesa. It was good but man xen drags on forever. They make you do the same puzzle like 20 times and there's a long section near the end with conveyor belts thats particularly tedious. Still an improvement over the original xen though.