Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Social scientists who, as recently as a month ago were telling us that video games were the haven of the recluse, have changed their tunes and are now telling us they are a great way of interacting socially. (unless you are like me and mostly play single-player mode.)

So, What games are you currently devoting your more-now-than-normal-free-time to?

Mrs. Genesplicer goes to bed earlier than me, so I play most of these after she goes to bed.
I'm bouncing around, depending on my mood.

On PC

Borderlands
Borderlands 2
(In preparation for Borderlands 3)

Universal Paperclip

Star Wars: Galactic Battleground (going old school)

X-BOX

Gears of War 1 - 4
(In preparation for Gears 5)

Halo 1-4

Phone

Bacterial Takeover

Egg, Inc.

Terragenesis

(I detect a theme here)

And what are you wasting your time on? I mean, what are you playing to maintain your social interaction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm not playing any but I showed my dad how to play Return of the Obra Dinn so he can do that.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i never played doom (2016) so im starting that. i suck at it but that will change

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer
All the Dooms, hopefully in prep for Doom Eternal. I really like them, I was going to play them in order but I couldn't wait so I've dotted about between them. Going to try and focus on 1 now though. Everything I have is on switch apart from 2016, on PS4.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Subnautica, tablet mahjong, my penjs. In that order mostly.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Final Sexual Fantasy 7

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
tbh I don't really play any video games any more so I get my dad to play them and then tell me about them.

I get far more enjoyment out of my dad explaining the plot of a video game to me than playing it. if you can get your dad to play Death Stranding and then ask "hey dad, so what's that game about?" whatever comes out of his mouth will be some really good stuff

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
there's a man... he's walking... you're holding, you're holding a baby.... gotta make deliveries, but there's ghosts. your little man can talk to some other people, got that Dane on there, you know the one, from the bond movie. you know. the movie, with james bond. not the old one but the new one, crown royale. anyway your little man, he's walking, and if there's trouble, there's going to be like a tuba sound--

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im riding my bike and getting buff as gently caress

im also still working but i have nothing else to do in the evening generally so every day after work i slam it on my road bike at full gas for about 2 hours

also playing

elite sniper
elite sniper II
elite sniper III
elite sniper IV

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Playing through the single player campaign of GTA 5 which is always fun but the state of my life right now makes the end of the game where all the characters relationships begin imploding really difficult to get through.

So... World of Warships.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Russian roulette

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I may be a little bit in love with Kassandra.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Russian roulette

You suck at this. in multiple ways.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I've replayed the first 3 Doom 1 episodes in Doom 3 BFG, completed Phantasy Star Online again on the Gamecube, played through the extra Doom 2 episode that comes with D3BFG, hosed around a bit with both core versions of Resident Evil 1, and completed Keep on the Borderlands in ADnD Unlimited Adventures. I've just started up Tegel Manor in the same thing.

Trad Game wise I've read the rules to Fantasy Trip Melee and put together about 40 Warhammer models.
(If anyone is bored http://www.warehouse23.com/products/SJG30-3452 said Melee is a free pdf so they can hook ya.)

Mostly I've just either gotten or given brain damage on Discord. I humbly apologize for any of the latter.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
I'll soon be playing the remake of the first Resident Evil game, having recently finished and enjoyed 7. Tank controls may take some getting used to.

I'm also trying to decide what should be my Main Fighting Game at the moment. The choice is between Soul Calibur 6, Granblue Fantasy Versus or Smash Bros. I'm leaning towards Granblue since I've played a lot of the other two and I havn't played a fighter like it since SF4.

e: Also I'm playing the original Phantasy Star and keep wondering how they managed to cram so much stuff on a loving Master System cartridge.

a glitch fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Apr 7, 2020

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

By popular demand posted:

You suck at this. in multiple ways.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
New season of hearthstone comes out today, also closed beta of Valarant starts today.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Tropico 1-5

Michaelis
Dec 29, 2019
Underrail, it's a great fallout 1/2 style game with good writing and a very fun turn based combat system. The character creation screen is quite punishing though, you basically need to look up a build before starting.
Also playing Mount and Blade Bannerlord and Doom 2016 in preparation for Eternal

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
A lot of CS:GO and Civilization V.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

poopnanners posted:

A lot of CS:GO and Civilization V.
i play CSGO what rank im west coast and bossy

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Mostly Hearthstone, Zelda Breath of the Wild, and Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Doom Animal Crossing and FFVII like everyfuckin body else

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

FTL - At the beginning of the quarantine I was already playing FTL a lot. Finally unlocked all of the ships, but burnt out trying to get all the achievements (some of them are bullshit).

Witcher 3 Blood and Wine expansion - I hadn't touched this in 2 1/2 years, my save file was from Nov 2017. I played Witcher 3 from April 2017 to November 2017 before moving on to something else. I always intended on going back to finish B&W, but the longer I'd been away from the game, the more I worried that I wouldn't be able to pick it up again being level 37 and what not.

Nope! Getting back into Witcher 3 was easy. I thought I was near the end of the expansion, but I was actually very early into it. Finally finished it. Even won the ribbon from the little flint girl in a game of Gwent even though I had completely and totally forgotten how to play Gwent.

Plague Inc.: Evolved - Saw a YouTube video of someone playing this and thought it looked interesting because of life right now. It actually kind of sucks.

God of War - I paid the same amount of money for this as I did Plague Inc. :lol: I played all three God of Wars back in the day, and wasn't really interested in the new one when it was released. I just started it on Saturday and it's actually really great. The kid's not annoying, either. Gorgeous graphics, too. A+

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I've been playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider mainly with some Division 2 and Destiny 2 thrown in here and there.

When my 6yo twins are playing, we usually play Grid. One claims to be the "boat expert" while the other is a "plane expert" and I kind of question their definition of expert. They're getting better, though 30 minutes at a time.

It's been nice out the past few days so I haven't been playing as much now that I can work on my Jeep or go outside and do yard work and they can play.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I like civ beyond earth more than V and V more than VI

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Half life Alyx
Assetto Corsa
And oddly, I am finding WoW Classic a really good way to relax at the end of the day.
Hope everyone is OK out there, stay safe and have some fun playing video games

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Control's first story-based DLC came out recently so I played the hell out of that. It's pretty good!

I'm now eyeing the final Battletech DLC (Annihilators!) and considering doing a new campaign with it enabled.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Rocksmith (bass guitar)
Mount and Blade Bannerlord

Also binge watching all of the Classic Godzilla movies.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

there's a man... he's walking... you're holding, you're holding a baby.... gotta make deliveries, but there's ghosts. your little man can talk to some other people, got that Dane on there, you know the one, from the bond movie. you know. the movie, with james bond. not the old one but the new one, crown royale. anyway your little man, he's walking, and if there's trouble, there's going to be like a tuba sound--

This has worked. I am now invested in this little man and his tuba trials.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

Half life Alyx
Assetto Corsa
And oddly, I am finding WoW Classic a really good way to relax at the end of the day.
Hope everyone is OK out there, stay safe and have some fun playing video games

Bullshit, you're playing Star Citizen. Can't fool me.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
The Humble Conquers COVID-19 Bundle has some pretty nice stuff in it, if you'd missed some of these. I always buy butter knife-edge laptops, so I'm a few years behind in PC gaming and my kids totally bogarted the consoles.

Currently playing Hollow Knight and Worms Revolution - I had a cracked version of Worms World Party on the PC at the gas station I worked at way back in college, being holed up with nothing to do is giving me tons of nostalgia for my days working back at the most overpriced gas station in town (we had store accounts and no one else offered them in town, but they were all self-service key pumps, so there wasn't much for a clerk to do. The Boss and I played through Silent Service, Silent Hunter, and WWP several times.)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sunswipe posted:

Bullshit, your playing Star Citizen. Can't fool me.

Define 'playing' :v:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Oh gently caress, you quoted before I edited possibly the worst gently caress up of your/you're ever.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sunswipe posted:

Oh gently caress, you quoted before I edited possibly the worst gently caress up of your/you're ever.

I edited it - you're move

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Nioh 2, Tekken 7, Soulcalibur 6, and DoA6 (PS4)
Chess (chess.com)
Mexican Train Dominoes (IRL)

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Division 2 because the dress-up lootbox aspect of it is really satisfying, and Divinity OS2 in co-op with my mate who’s played it before, and has been bugging me to give it a try: it’s good.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I just bought a PS4 because I have been furloughed from work and have nothing to do and don't want to sit in front of my computer when I have a perfectly good bed and a gigantic television I never even turn on. I bought the Return to Arkham bundle because I remember really liking Arkham Asylum. I skipped Asylum, since I've already played it, and went straight to Arkham City. It's great, and there is so much content. I finished the entire main story line without even figuring out how to use the big green "?" pads, or finding Freeze's wife, or knowing Jervis existed, or doing basically any of the big side quests, and now all that stuff is unfolding as I tool around Arkham getting into brawls.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
Marvel Strike Force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

I edited it - you're move

Y'o'ure a dick.