Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Gonna write in Robespierre because people give a poo poo about protest votes!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

A Bad Poster posted:

I'm genuinely curious what percentage of the national vote Bernie would get if he isn't the nominee.

I'm sure someone in the Trump campaign will let everyone know what the spread was, and will undoubtedly play up how important those votes were in cementing his victory.

It's a nice wedge to keep his opposition divided and angry.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I'm continually impressed at how much people let their egos control how they vote.

All the talk about the greater good really is just noise from most people.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Great, lets get it all out.

The Democrat establishment is largely ok with being a permanent minority party and putting up performative resistance to Republican ideals while simultaneously voting for them for token concessions. Incrementalism was only ever to the right, neoliberalism was just a cover to pass Republican policy when the GOP couldn't get the messaging down to do it and both the Clinton and Obama administrations were abject failures for Democrat policies. The Democrat Party refuses to offer up policies that will substantially benefit the people it supposedly represents, and there is no reason to support them while they continue to do so. Bush is Obama is Trump is Biden when it comes to the vast majority of this country who have been sold down the river for decades by the establishment of both parties.

The 'base' of the Democrat Party is predominantly older conservatives who either due to abortion rights or racism can't pull the level for the GOP. They're fine with tax cuts, cutting social programs, a police state, homophobia, runaway defense spending and evangelism. The Democrat Party and notably the supporters of Biden are fine with Trump's policies, it just his messaging they don't like. As the rich burn down the world for the second time in two decades, the party is coalescing around a guy who not only built his career on one right wing policy after another, but actively opposes tremendously popular policies like Medicare4All. Joe said it himself, nothing will fundamentally change. Well, I heard him loud and clear, and so did many others. We are not the same, I will never vote for Biden.

*farts*

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 7, 2020

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
While living through a pandemic "I'm not really motivated enough to vote for someone who would properly fund and staff the CDC and other essential federal agencies. Like what's in it for me???"

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Hah repeat the process over again? I imagine a Trump directed economic recovery will leave people pining for TARP and it's affiliate programs.

What we are seeing is a pretty severe consequence of the Trump administration. It's been by sheer luck alone that the United States hasn't been dragged into another middle eastern war, not for lack of trying. If you think the next 4 years will even brush up against the competency and consideration of the Obama administration then I have a bridge to sell you.

I supported Bernie every way I could, and it's a loving tragedy that he has dropped out. The reality is that things are bad and poised to get much, much worse if Trump gets a second term.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Are people really trotting back out "the choice between lesser evils is still evil"?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
No one does? Being an adult and exercising the franchise involves making decisions that aren't comfortable or easy?

I'm sure the process of fixing the country after Trump appoints 2 more heritage foundation morons to SCOTUS will be a breeze.

In Louisiana there was an election with a famous bumper sticker. It said "vote for the crook. It's important. " The election was between Edwin Edwards and David Duke.

I guess if my home state was as principaled as half the people in this thread we could have had the privilege of having a real life leader of the KKK as the Governor.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 8, 2020

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
The President of the United States is just a few degrees of separation away from using a global pandemic as a stick to beat states that don't support him. But yeah, I think how Biden presents on camera is the more pressing topic of analysis. I'm brave.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
A reduction of a decision as essential as who is president to "I don't wanna" certainly gives Boomers a run for their money as to who is more selfish. Jesus Christ.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

BurningChrome posted:

Yeah and we deserve it

Everyone who lost food stamps in the midst of a global recession and work stoppage deserved it, says brilliant commentator.

Sounds like you have some powerful insights that you dont hesitate to share. You're definitely not a moron.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
One day, maybe one day soon, all 50 states electoral systems will take note of your disappoinment. They're sure to blink first. How couldn't they?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Do I need to make a separate thread?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
These topics seem to bleed into almost every other thread in GiP and I thought this was the place to address them?

There certainty has been multiple regular derailments in the current events thread on this topic without any type of mod intervention. I thought I was doing my part by keeping my replies out of the CE thread.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Why am I the only person being asked what they hope to accomplish?

The topic of the thread is literally to discuss the value or lack thereof of voting for Biden, per the first post.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

McNally posted:

You're the only person in this thread who is absolutely loving insufferable in every single post they make. Your evasions and deflections can stop now, just answer the goddamned question already.

I don't have some kind of agenda I think I'm working towards by posting, despite what you want to believe.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

McNally posted:

Don't expect a response.

Just do whatever you're gonna do. Having you breathing down my neck for any post I make isn't really a tenable situation anyway.

I can't express that I find the constant whining about the primary process and the decision that the voters of this country have made tiresome?

Jesus it's a constant topic here and it got old over a month ago. People constantly posting about what they're not going to do isn't really ripe for discussion or much of anything other than constant, useless bitchfests where you have to agree or some idiot mod gets on your case. There is a whole forum where wrong think is expressly punished and naturally it's progressed elsewhere as well.

Pardon the interruption, let's get back to it

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

PookBear posted:

you honestly can't see the difference between genuine critiques of the political system that is going to result in a general election between two rapists and whining

I can and do, which is why I have chosen the career I have and volunteer with the institutions I do. I don't continually post about my politics because making the same complaint to the same captive audience on this website doesn't accomplish anything at all, other than generating a really bad thread to read.

Consistently repeating that you're gonna write in a candidate or something like that isn't a discussion, it's a lengthy temper tantrum. And yet that had become the flavor of the month here and elsewhere. A bunch of people continually bemoaning the political procees and stating their intention to do something ineffective in protest. It's not a topic that really requires constant reassertion. Knock yourself out, it's gonna be people other than you that suffer the most significant consequences. But who gives a poo poo right? You have your own bland complaints about how things aren't improving quickly enough for you via the political process.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 10, 2020