Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Interesting dream Keith. :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Renzuko posted:

Yeah at this point while milidania might seem like a social climber...she's given up on katarina being a good QUEEN.

and so has katarina lmao.

After thinking about this, Katarina is also a Duke's daughter, which means she ranks higher than anybody she could potentially marry except the princes, so "social climbing" doesn't really exist for her family except in the sense where that means "ruthless power politics," which Motherina doesn't seem to be interested in.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Sankara posted:

I thought Catarina might dream about her old life, and that might become A Thing, but no she obviously is too stupid to understand the prompt and just imagines her current existence. Good attitude.

There was a Nintendo Switch, cellphone, CD case, and other things in there right at the start of that scene but they don't show them again after that.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://rabbiteclair.tumblr.com/post/659595320566628352/sailormoonsub-if-i-could-change-anything-about

quote:

“if I could change anything about the world, I would be a girl” KEITH………… THATS TRANS

Keith trans?????

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Also not to be a lesbian but can we have the genderbent dudes replace the original ones in the series

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

skaianDestiny posted:

Also not to be a lesbian but can we have the genderbent dudes replace the original ones in the series

Male-Anne was hot. Keep him.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Big fan of ripped Maria.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Buff Maria reminds me of this from another otome game manga.

That's the "main character" btw

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

skaianDestiny posted:

Buff Maria reminds me of this from another otome game manga.

That's the "main character" btw

name? link? i am suddenly very interested in this.

Menacer
Nov 25, 2000
Failed Sega Accessory Ahoy!

Pyronic posted:

name? link? i am suddenly very interested in this.
Endo and Kobayashi’s Live Commentary on the Villainess

That introduction to Gorilla Finne is in Ch 4.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

skaianDestiny posted:

"This show should be less bi" is maybe the worst take I've heard.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Brutal Garcon posted:

"This show should be less bi" is maybe the worst take I've heard.

It's just a personal preference. I'm not really interested in Katarina x any of the guys as more than friends TBH. The show being a bi harem is really good and unique. Dislike how the game we're getting is just shafting the girls and instead adding another completely original guy instead of any route for a girl.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Menacer posted:

Endo and Kobayashi’s Live Commentary on the Villainess

That introduction to Gorilla Finne is in Ch 4.

Its so good.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

ZeusCannon posted:

Its so good.

It is! It's my second favorite "villainess" style manga after Bakarina. I really hope it will get an anime one day.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Super happy that we got another "dream" episode like we did last season and that it was just as good--except this time with trans feelings.

Also Maria just staring at her hands at the end of the episode was something special.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
Oct 27, 2006

]
Pillbug
ep 8 is about Nicol and it's good! he finally gets to be a person and not just an accessory to Sophia. some interesting talk about freedom & duty & the value of an external goal

still rooting for Mary, history's strongest lesbian, to overthrow the entire Stuart dynasty and claim our girl, but Nicol made a very strong showing here

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Was this another anime-original? A delight, either way. Bakarina continues to be a goddamn warm blanket on a cold day of an anime.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

Was this another anime-original? A delight, either way. Bakarina continues to be a goddamn warm blanket on a cold day of an anime.

I havent watched the episode yet, but from what you guys have said that it seems to be a nicol special, and the title, this isnt anime only.

After the kidnapping arc book they had one that was like, 50% short stories about EVERYONE ELSE, so like, while they might have stretched it out, its not entirely anime only.

edit - so im about halfway through episode 7 and...wow maria's dream sure is a dream.

Also iunno if they did this in the manga, but this episodes content definitely wasnt in the LN.

Renzuko fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 22, 2021

SeanGaffney
Mar 16, 2002
Nomad of the Time Streams

Renzuko posted:

I havent watched the episode yet, but from what you guys have said that it seems to be a nicol special, and the title, this isnt anime only.

After the kidnapping arc book they had one that was like, 50% short stories about EVERYONE ELSE, so like, while they might have stretched it out, its not entirely anime only.

edit - so im about halfway through episode 7 and...wow maria's dream sure is a dream.

Also iunno if they did this in the manga, but this episodes content definitely wasnt in the LN.

Episode 7 was taken from various "what if" manga, which is why Keith thinking he wants to be a girl looks odd... it did not have the "what if I could live a different life" context, it was just a genderbend silliness chapter.

Episode 8 is 75% from a short story in LN 5, which did not name Nicol's partner (but other evidence suggested it was Fray, and the anime confirmed it). The other 25%, the Ginger stuff, was a webnovel-only short story.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah i remembered nicol's marriage interviews, and it was pretty clear that the un-named girl was on the council because like fray does at the end of the episode, she name drops katarina and jeordo.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm starting to think Katarina's mom is also dumb AF.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

The quality of kidnappings in this kingdom has really gone downhill.

Also, Geordo got in a burn so hot this week that I said "oh, snap!" out loud.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Trying to confine Keith in a stone-walled room underground seems ill-advised.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I feel like the only thing they do to create stakes is kidnap people in this show.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This is where I stopped reading the novels so I'm honestly curious if people just keep getting kidnapped forever.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah honestly I'm really glad for the last few episodes because the manga just went straight from "Oh no! Katarina has been kidnapped!" to "Oh no! Keith has been kidnapped!" with nothing in between

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Getting kidnapped is standard stuff for nobility.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Being kidnapped is not great for Keith's rep, in part because people keep telling him that he's been manfully resisting torture and looking straight ahead (off-screen) while on-screen he's mostly just looking scared and apprehensive.

If this was his sister she wouldn't even know she was a prisoner yet (she'd just be complaining about the quality of the food).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mary submitting a formal request for Sora to cockblock Geordo is :discourse:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Dang they hosed Keith up so bad he forgot he was supposed to be some sort of super powerful Earth mage.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
A cool evil dog, and two boyfriends....what else with Catalina gain this season.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

A cool evil dog, and two boyfriends....what else with Catalina gain this season.

You forgot the mascot that hates her.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I feel like I say this every time, but what an adorable episode! Rescued Keith, got an adorable shadow demon puppy, wasn't murdered by a witch, everything is coming up Bakarina!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Keith is a rapey motherfucker with bad ideas about consent.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
MNLaaV movie announced!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA8DRyBfjLc

Also this is old news but I only just realised that the band that sings the opening credit songs made music videos for them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTAFVp-Wc4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8Oa-GGTfQ

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Sep 18, 2021

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

KillHour posted:

Keith is a rapey motherfucker with bad ideas about consent.

Was just about to post this. wtf, dude

Baring that obnoxious moment, very charming finale! Cute next season hook, a new game where she doesn't have a "cheat sheet" so to speak. Unless she keeps having dreams of friend playing it, I guess.

Sankara fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

I wonder if the movie is gonna cover...well basically the entrance ceremony to the magic government offices, cuz that's some pretty big stuff.