Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:sax:🎵 Hello, hello
Say it's good to be back
Good to be back 🎶:guitar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

The...OP? ED? whatever it ends up being, showed kinda how far into the LN they're planning on going and its pretty friggin far lmao.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I hope Catarina and Maria get married.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Renzuko posted:

The...OP? ED? whatever it ends up being, showed kinda how far into the LN they're planning on going and its pretty friggin far lmao.

Yeah though to be fair if they want any kind of main plot for the season there's literally several novels that can be mostly skipped.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Personally, I need more than 12 episodes of Caterina only being incredibly dense. That joke would wear thin long before the season would be over

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Look, Catarina is sweet and dense. Like a good caramel.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

I Am Fowl posted:

Look, Catarina is sweet and dense. Like a good caramel.

Or a good brownie. I need to continue reading the LN's, I stopped after the first one as I switched to So I'm a Spider, So What? but as that's now done until Vol 11, it's time to start back up.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

x1o posted:

God bless the densest object in the universe.

Catarina would definitely break the Z sword

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth

Narrator: Her intuition was not on point.

Cobalt-60 fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 10, 2021

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Sudden Disapproving Keith should be a thing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
More evil Katarina pls

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I just started this city and love it.

Maybe I'm going a bit overboard, though - I get ridiculously hype during any Council of Katarinas.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Bell_ posted:

Maybe I'm going a bit overboard, though - I get ridiculously hype during any Council of Katarinas.

They're a great bit and i was GREATLY disappointed by the fact that they werent really a thing in the LN. it was more just katarina thinking to herself, not herself personified by a council.

also, they're seemingly really rushing through it lmao, the school festival was like, 1/2 of the 3rd book if im remembering right.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Renzuko posted:

They're a great bit and i was GREATLY disappointed by the fact that they werent really a thing in the LN. it was more just katarina thinking to herself, not herself personified by a council.

The manga was the first to introduce the council, and the first to have there be five of them.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It was fun how Nicol's masking coming off took out a good chunk of the audience, men and women.

SeanGaffney
Mar 16, 2002
Nomad of the Time Streams

Renzuko posted:

also, they're seemingly really rushing through it lmao, the school festival was like, 1/2 of the 3rd book if im remembering right.

They usually skip the parts of the novels where the other characters POV the same events we just saw through Katarina's eyes, which is why it's already halfway.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
They can get through the next couple books pretty quick if they stick to the main story beats.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 11, 2021

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Which is good because as I understand it the next couple of books are a bit dull.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

Which is good because as I understand it the next couple of books are a bit dull.

yeah the rest of book 3 was pretty dull. i liked 4 for world building...book 5 was all side stories that'll probably get cut or just done entirely in one episode.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Evil Bakarina was a delight.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sankara posted:

Evil Bakarina was a delight.

She was born to be a villain. Too bad she's a protagonist instead, and we love her for it.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Very joke light episode, focused on building plot. The butler did it! Classic.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I do appreciate Mary's solution to the problem at hand. Broad and indiscriminate violence until those who dared touch Katarina are found and punished.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Mary is obviously going to be the winner when she poisons all of her rivals in their sleep.

As an aside, do we have a running list of character tropes in love with Bakarina? Off the top of my head, I have:
  • Fiance
  • Fiance's brother
  • Her own brother
  • Reincarnation of childhood friend
  • Childhood friend's brother
  • Other childhood friend (chaotic evil)
  • Other childhood friend's fiance
  • Literal harem game protagonist
  • Literal harem game villain
  • Person currently kidnapping her

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

KillHour posted:

Mary is obviously going to be the winner when she poisons all of her rivals in their sleep.

As an aside, do we have a running list of character tropes in love with Bakarina? Off the top of my head, I have:
  • Fiance
  • Fiance's brother
  • Her own brother
  • Reincarnation of childhood friend
  • Childhood friend's brother
  • Other childhood friend (chaotic evil)
  • Other childhood friend's fiance
  • Literal harem game protagonist
  • Literal harem game villain
  • Person currently kidnapping her

I mean...childhood friends fiance and fiance's brother overlap.

Also i dont think sophia wants her, so much as...she wants her FOR her brother.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Sophia does also want her, she just feels Katarina is less likely to pick her and if she picks her brother that means she'll always be in her life.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i love this show and i love mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Mary Must Win.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

VideoWitch posted:

Sophia does also want her, she just feels Katarina is less likely to pick her and if she picks her brother that means she'll always be in her life.

Yeah Sophia wants to be by her side no matter what even if they're not a couple is how I read it.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:hai:

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Sophia is going with the pro strat where she increases her chances of winning by creating a package deal where if Bakarina picks her brother she gets a bonus Sophia. Mary is just going for the "take them all out and I win by default" option.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm still on team Maria

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Maria will win by killing the others with kindness.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Mary is the best because shes willing to take action.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Mary is necessary because she's the only one who can protect the MC from her own stupidity.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Alan is the best among the boys.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nichol is the only boy katarina actually finds attractive.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nichol is the only boy katarina actually finds attractive.

A blindingly beautiful couple giving literally every person they pass a nosebleed would be really inconvenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

The best boy is Keith "well he's not my brother" Claes.

chumbler posted:

Alan is the best among the boys.

If Katarina and Alan became a couple, it would show up at LIGO