Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So I just binged the show over the last two days, and have a quick question I'm presuming someone more familiar with other sources besides the anime will be able to shed a bit of light on: in episode 7, when Catarina is stuck in the dungeon and Sophia tries to save her, there's a gust of wind that pushes them both back up on to the ledge when they're about to fall, which Sophia says wasn't her and we see a dark figure leave afterwards. Was that Raphael/Sirius saving them, as I'd assume, given that it's the episode that builds up to his reveal as a villain? Is he just normally a wind elemental magic user, and had dark magic on top of that? Or was it someone else, that'll be revealed next season, or whenever? I'd have assumed it was Raphael, but I don't recall anything about him having wind magic and there doesn't really seem to be a reason why he'd have saved them, when he was still under the dark magician's influence.

Edit: Also, it'll obviously be spoilers, but I'm just kind of curious what direction the story takes after this, considering that the conflict the season was raising has been resolved, Catarina has evaded the doom flags, won't be killed or exiled and nothing about her being a reincarnation or inside an otome game she is familiar with can really have much relevance going forward. Can someone spoiler it a bit, just for curiosity? I'm aware it stalls out for a bit, as the author struggles to find a new direction due to the story being more popular than anticipated, going by previous pages, but I'm just wondering what kind of direction it does go in.

tsob fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

starbucks hermit posted:

I'm 100% sure that it was Sirius. I assume that he attends the school because of his documented skill in Wind Magic. The magician with Dark Magic only served to augment, not replace, his existing powers.

Of course, it could be the case that Sirius actually has no powers whatsoever and his magical ability stems solely through the magician. But I have the feeling that the magician wouldn't bother saving Katarina and co, since that would not advance his goals of revenge.

I would assume he has magic of some kind outside the dark magic, since he's the illegitimate child of a noble and also working in the Department of Magic after losing his dark magic; I just don't recall it being alluded to at any point. Plus, he'd have had to have some kind of normal magic to explain his attendance at a school for magic in the first place. Do they ever mention or demonstrate what kind of magic he uses though?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

KillHour posted:

Next episode gonna start with a fight to the death.

I mean, it didn't start with one, but Geordo is certainly doing his best to incite a war and nearly ended the episode with a fight. Also, the episodes usually don't have a post credits scene that I recall, but there's a quick one at the end of this week's episode. Not one of any real import, but it's cute regardless.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The council of Catarina's main objection to a marriage with Geordo being "Catarina would never hack it as a royal" really made me giggle for some reason. I wonder if her Mom's found a way to infiltrate the council.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

KillHour posted:

Authors must have GL bias. Just another reason Mary ending is canon.

GL? I assume the "L" is "lesbian", but what's the "G"?

Edit: Oh, "G" stands for "Gay". Duh :doh: That should have been obvious I guess, but I've never seen them ordered like that before as an acronym. Or even without the "BT" part, I think.

tsob fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Aug 9, 2021