Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Geordo has spent years trying to get through to her that he likes her and has been rebuffed by her intense denseness every time. That his most aggressive move so far is giving his fiance a hickey and saying he wants to do the deed later, presumably when they're married because they're engaged, isn't really rapey. I guess he was being overly dramatic about it but it still didn't get past her dense defenses. It'd maybe be rapey if she told him she didn't like him and didn't want to be with him, but she's been really obtuse with the "You can fall in love with someone else" lines which...aren't really a rejection, but boy is that probably discouraging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Yeah, at this point Geordo could outright say he loves her from the bottom of his heart and wants to be with her forever and her inner monologue would say, "Well yeah, you like me NOW, until you fall in love with Maria because she's so amazing! I don't want to die!" He's got no way to get through to her with words so far so a hickey being the next step is, I dunno, pretty loving typical for a bunch of teenagers.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Zwiebel posted:

It's funny that Mary was willing to let go of her fiance in the good (for Maria) Fortune Lover ending, but in this alternate version she's become rather possessive, target focused and unrelenting in her romantic pursuits.
Bakarina is a lot more charming than Alan, apparently.

So I might be wrong here but I always got the impression that she was gay so Maria "breaking up" her marriage was something mutually beneficial for her and Alan, and it kind of spins into her being the most doggedly into our favorite dense harem protagonist.