Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo I still have this account and I am stuck in my apartment and I really want to play Mafia none of my friends want to place Don't Push The Button on Jackbox and my girlfriend doesn't play board games.

In short, yes, I, Spoonsy, shall take my rightful place in this game and play Mafia.

Also lemme text Kloaked to see if he wants in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Confirming Spoonsy as scum.

Hey, it's not my fault that I need to wear gloves to go outside now.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

zzyzx posted:

I told votefinder to resolve Dexanth's vote for Dexanth, and it added "Lumpen" as an alias of his, so let's find out.

##vote Lumpen

Need to unvote me first, if I recall correctly

Wow it's been a min since we all did this isn't it.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spoonsy posted:

Need to unvote me first, if I recall correctly

Wow it's been a min since we all did this isn't it.

Or I could be publicly owned in Discord. That's something I've got to expect to see a pattern of in the coming days.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Tom Tucker posted:

You know this reminds me of a movie scene where the villain puts poison in one of the wine cups...

Fun fact! Iocaine powder - not a real poisonous thing. I guess they didn't want to use a real poison? Did Oleander, Aconite, or Hemlock have their agents out to lunch that day?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

CapnAndy gambit.

##vote CapnAndy

It's your funeral when he turns out to be some sort of Wizard Super Hero

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Deadbeat Dad posted:

And Kurt Angle's neck

Canonically speaking, two wrestlers were MURDERED BY THE UNDERTAKER and that's the last we'll ever see of them

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

I'm a replacement

Literally the one thing I felt was missing and who's to say Ecco isn't actually a secret role right now

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I work out for an hour and there’s 100 new posts okay.

Am I correct in reading that the bulk of the Andy case is effortposting and discussion of a gambit from a decade ago?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I still maintain (and have been lynched for this idea) that the D1 lynch, unless someone does something idiotic or there is a clear attempt at a railroad by scum that doesn’t know what it’s doing, is a crapshoot.

And yes I am always sad that the shitpost phase ends, especially when there wasn’t nearly enough Potter puns or wordplay.

(Also yeah yeah I know I’ve been 0 productive it’s D1)

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Hi everyone. I forgot how quick large games move.

I am glad to see that people have moved on from Andy. I'd be interested to look into how that sprung into being should things go south in later days, but I don't feel it's worth looking into too much right now (mind you this could be completely wrong).

The KK Case - I too do not like the anmi bus, and as others have said, the immediate latching onto Jen is suspicious, as is the "interrogation lamp" bit, as that really feels like he's trying to actively deflect people from looking into him by passing it to someone else.

I am going to ##vote KK for the time being.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jose Valasquez posted:

I would like everyone to post a description of how you play as scum and how you play as town to make it easier for everyone to assess

I'll start
Town: Like this
Scum: Not like this

Town: Like this
Scum: Y'all just assume I'm scum as it is

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

zzyzx posted:

That's not "bussing," though. Nor would be saying you think Amni and Andy are both town.

I thought bussing was getting the blame off someone by getting a second party to take the responsibility, i. E. KK trying to get people to look at anmi

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
And yes. I have forgotten normal mafia terms because it has been more than a minute.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Also for the record I’m not advocating no lynch, I’m saying that normally D1 lynches are dumb.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spoonsy posted:

Also for the record I’m not advocating no lynch, I’m saying that normally D1 lynches are dumb.

Mafia edit -
Done for dumb reasons

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Leith Maclaine posted:

This is directed mainly to xopods but I would like other people to weigh in if they want.

I am tempted to full claim become the focus of a lot of night actions and might even become the focus of day actions. If it is a group of teacher-hunters then I have already made sure I am on the top of their list. If it is a specific hunter for each of us, then I can become the focus of the night actions of everyone and hopefully catch a scum and work from there.

I probably won't live long but it would be an exciting time and would be very in character.

Thoughts?

Given that both the students and teacher have flipped as Hogwarts Aligned, I'd caution against that for the time being as it looks like there's at minimum 3 groups capable of doing something in the evening that is anti-town, unless disappearing someone winds up having some other effect.

Either way, we had 2 NKs and if you have a role that is literally an authority figure, don't give the scum an educated guess as to where to go in the evening.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oh, not at all Game related, but for those interested in a few hours of well crafted Potter parodies, from the team that brought you Puffs (the unauthorized Potter parody from the room next to the kitchens) [which you can watch on Amazon and iTunes and is really worth a look],

Nineteen-ish Years After, or; There & Back Again: A Puffs Tale Parts 1 & 3: An Unauthorized Parody for Charity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn-oVbVWKNw

Dude, Where's My Fantastic Beast (part 1, stream screwed up): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNA1vNO_W34

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjc9lbvDojM

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

xopods posted:

I'm going to guess that the disappearances are connected and probably temporary, not unflipped deaths... five kills, three of them janitored would be too much N1 even in a big game.

Yeah, 5 kills in a game on N1 would be absurd. Ideally they'll be back tomorrow?

In honor of the departed, I blame the Nargles

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kloaked00 posted:

I don’t have an actual suspicion for Merk right now but I do want to test something

##vote merk

Looks like it didn't do anything - so votes on the missing don't count and aren't viewed as being cast

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mikujin posted:

So those post struck me as kinda poo poo in general: excuses themselves from even novel consideration of anything going, and slides a vote over onto another case without any real consideration. The case on KK hasn't picked up tons of steam at this point yet, but there's a few votes this is just kinda sneaking in with. This is consistent with their earlier D1 is a crapshoot posting (which I had to look back for, as they've said very little at this point). Looking ahead, they don't ever really get around to engaging with anyone in a meaningful way at any point in D1. Independent of alignment, coasting.

@Spoonsy - given KK's flip, who do you think is most likely to be scum trying to railroad them?

He/Him/His! (never had to do that in a game before and it's fun)

Looking back at other people's votes, I'm actually interested in what Sandwolf has to say about their vote. They (and apologies, I have forgotten how to do quick reply and include quoted posts, so I'm just going to link to each specific post) started off voting Andy, then cast doubt on (now town confirmed) Jen.

He then wanted to stay with Andy, finally voting for KK as a placeholder vote and then proceeded to post zero effort for 9 posts afterwards (which yes, I know, pot calling kettle black)

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Pussy Quipped posted:

Did none of you read my post

No, I missed that while looking at the vote count mechanism stuff.

Where did they go?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

I thought Andy was scummy yesterday, I still think Andy is scummy. KK’s early votes pinged me, I felt very comfortable voting them even more so when they started being so cagey about claiming. Towards the end of the day I did start to get chills that KK was pissed off townie, I was sorta looking for him to claim something more towny to maybe save himself, but he seemed more content to be angry.

What about you Spoonsy, you were p much absent all day 1. who do you think is scum?

This is probably going to make people think I'm an idiot, but I don't know yet! We've had one day, a town lynch, two dead townies, 3 missing people, and the only thing I think we can say with some certainty is that there's professor town and student town.

I do not feel like I personally have enough information YET (emphasis mine) to declare that someone is or is not town - that's the sort of stuff that normally comes into play with conversations like this on Day 2, which is why I'm trying to respond to as much as I can

(also real talk I am so unused to playing town and it's been so long that I don't know what I'm doing wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

This is absolutely a scumslip.

##vote spoonsy

Please inform me of how saying that someone flipped teacher and someone flipped student is a scum slip

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

If you couldn't tell at the start of the game from your role pm that there we students and teachers that were town aligned, you didn't get a town aligned pm.

Yeah, without quoting mine says we're up agains the forces that are against Hogwarts. Doesn't explicitly say what you're trying to say

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

scum team include:

spoonsy - "all we learned is that there are teachers and students, we have nothing to go on and no way to know who is scum!"

cap Andy - "There is no way to put down any real reads D1. KK is scum, they only have 5 votes, unlike my 1."

TT - "You know who is scum Amni-That xopods guy!"

You're really going to keep harping on something other players, who are not on this list, have told you is an extension aren't you

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

I actually said "Oh, I guess this wasn't a scum slip. I t is a stupid thing to say though." earlier in the thread.

Yes but your vote still stays on me

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

yea, because it's excusing yourself from playing the game by saying "we learned nothing."

Amnistar posted:

yea, because it's excusing yourself from playing the game by saying "we learned nothing."

Amnistar posted:

No I'm saying that on D1, we don't get much but as the game evolves, then we can get reads. Which, I would argue, is precisely what we're doing right now.

I dislike D1 when viewed on D1, not when viewed beyond it.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
And why did it triple quote you there

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Good morning.

Is his vote really still on me for my “scumslip” and then he makes a bunch of other weak cases?
##vote Amnistar

Would still like to hear more from PQ as to the missing players, especially since we have no idea as to anyone involved’s alignment.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kloaked00 posted:

The missing players made their own individual choices to go missing today. I don’t know that 100% but pretty close to it. I believe PQ didn’t cause that but rather is speaking from personal knowledge of what can happen. We all know that the Harry Potter games have items/item-like game mechanics. This is just one of those

They made a choice to go missing?

PQ - does this jive with whatever info you have on your end?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You’ve got one player being mysterious and another trying to be a detective on it, both talking about knowing more than they’re saying. It’s annoying. Either share with the class your hunch or stop.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I could see spoonsy, he's focused on setup all day today and not really talking about scum

Because we have two players actively withholding

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Good morning

1) Oh god, Ecco's in this game now

2) I was fine initially with my vote on Amni for OMGUS/annoyance reasons, am even more so after watching him spam things up as a means of trying to deflect while continuing to be a dick.

With the deadline at 9, I am willing to move my vote to prevent a no-lynch, but I'm content with where it is for the moment.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

If this is a legit feeling, please let me know after the game what I have done that you feel is this way.

Less dick, more whiny/undercafinated/over-stressed stuff. If that exercise bike I ordered arrives today and I have a means of doing cardio again, a reread will probably make your posts come off fine.

That being said, to answer the "other than omgus" question Miku posed, the continued harping on me trying to piece together mechanics so that we have a better means of understanding what's going on sticks out. There's nothing wrong with the town trying to piece together the larger picture based on the information provided by lynches and NKs (and vaguely defined disappearances that are then even more vaguely discussed by people with more info than they're letting on). The town benefits from learning more. Scum benefits from keeping people in the dark.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Leith Maclaine posted:

Interesting data point.

Order of the Phoenix members?

Even I think this is a bad idea

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What the hell are you three doing and in such delightfully tight coordination.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I would be fine with spoonsy, don't love late switches but he was on my list most of the day and I am not swayed by his popping in to say

and then leaving again either.

##vote spoonsy

Still fine with Amni, also I looked back at yumings KCW case, that seems good too.

Because the question was neither answered nor looked at by other people - they did it, together, within a 5 min timeframe. It feels coordinated.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Leith Maclaine posted:

I gotta ask. Even if we did coordinate, why would we do it at the beginning of a pivot? If it was to pull pressure of xopods, then getting Hal up to 6 would pull a lot more pressure off than getting you to 3.

Trust me, I've done way dumber things as scum before. It's just a rare thing to see, with three full hours to lynch, a sudden 3 vote swing by 3 people within a 4 min timeframe.

830? Sure. I can see that and have done it.

But 6pm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
##unvote

Sigh, fine, we’ll not lunch Amni.

Of the two? I guess ##vote xopods. I was okay with the case earlier, I don’t like the KWC case at the moment. It has to be one of the two of them, I feel better this way.