Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goethe.cx posted:

actually pee is stored in the ovaries, the female equivalent of balls

Um no pee is stored in the boobs, like a camel, and is connected to the ladyballs through a series of very small tubes. It’s why girls with big boobs have to pee all the time. :crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Totally Wacky!
Sep 17, 2002

There are no hats in space
Thanks to the forums of somethingawful.com, I have learned how to make "manbabies."

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I've learned that leydig cells have the highest ACE2 receptor density of any tissue in the human body and that SARS-CoV-2 is literally stored in the balls

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I learned the internet makes you stupid

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

My Shoes posted:

I have learned a lot of poo poo on these forums ... hell even sex positions (shout out to the goon that explained spitroasting)...

don't leave us hanging op, what is spitroasting??

SirShakes
Jul 13, 2012

ISSAPEEPO

Dixville posted:

I learned the internet makes you stupid

This may be the only truth on the internet.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Bad Purchase posted:

It’s that thing where you spit on your dick and rub it really fast on the carpet to warm it up before you gently caress.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
the basis of theodicy

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I learned where the good internet stopped and the bad internet began. I meet dudes my age who make references to different memes out loud while talking to other grown human beings who are clocked in at their jobs, and nothing will ever make that not lame.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Who What Now posted:

I learned to never, ever reveal anything about my personal life anywhere on the internet under any circumstances

2001-era SA taught me this and I have since passed it down to my children. Legitimately grateful I learned this early-on thanks to SA.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bad Purchase posted:

It's when you run a thin rod (or "spit") through a piece of meat and cook it over an open fire (roasting)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no that's sounding

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Sounding is how bats see

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sounding is something Scooby Doos need to do because they don't have a proper license to use more advanced diving equipment

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I also Iearnt about Sriracha on the forums, Believe it or not, I'd never heard of it before. And apologies for initially accusing all Sriracha-sucking goons of having long ago burnt out their tastebuds, I now realise that it's an extremely mild sauce compared to some other truly evil concoctions out there (I also learnt that here). A large bottle with the big cock on it now sits proudly on my kitchen shelf, and I wouldn't make hotdogs without spurting some on.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

BigBadSteve posted:

I also Iearnt about Sriracha on the forums, Believe it or not, I'd never heard of it before. And apologies for initially accusing all Sriracha-sucking goons of having long ago burnt out their tastebuds, I now realise that it's an extremely mild sauce compared to some other truly evil concoctions out there (I also learnt that here). A large bottle with the big cock on it now sits proudly on my kitchen shelf, and I wouldn't make hotdogs without spurting some on.
Mix it up with equal parts (real!) maple syrup and smother that poo poo all over some friend chicken. Life changing.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I still don't know what plape is.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I definitely learned about this from the forums :gonk:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
The forums taught me...uh...well....they taught me how to do this:

:lol::boom::stoked::master::iceburn::master::stoked::boom::lol:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
E: nm

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The worst kind of diver.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
:lol:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

The forums taught me...uh...well....they taught me how to do this:

:lol::boom::stoked::master::iceburn::master::stoked::boom::lol:

My posting taught you how to do that.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

My posting taught you how to do that.

Those little birds saying stoked, those are my love letter to you. Hidden in the subtext like any great author would do.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I learned how to be paranoid when meeting people, never knowing if they would play the tuba in a very dirty bathtub during their college years.

Goons are gross when given the chance to tell stories through anonymity.

It's easier to fax than carry a printer to meet someone.

All your favorite people on youtube might be secret monsters.

Never second guess a poll about webcomics or else you'll wind scrolling past something weirder than you were expecting.

The creator of Trixie Slaughteraxe for President is a goon treasure never to be tarnished (give or take the eventual "old age has a good chance to turn them into an rear end in a top hat" thing).

EVERY link has a 50/50 chance of being goatse even if the url makes it impossible to be goatse.

marathon Stairmaster sesh fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 18, 2020

unknown butthole
Jan 2, 2020

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
I've learned that posting has consequences

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

unknown butthole posted:

I've learned that posting has consequences

Of course. Now people know your butthole. Really doesn't help with the whole "mystique" thing.

E: also, does anyone else remember the name for what I thought was the :unquote: smilie?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
That is something I would like to learn from SA.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
every time I hear someone in a movie or TV show start a phone number with "555", my brain automatically fills in "golden manbabies"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Big Beef City posted:

Sounding is something Scooby Doos need to do because they don't have a proper license to use more advanced diving equipment

loving blast from the past on this one

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

I learned that the internet is truly awful.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I learned that I'm gay

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Who What Now posted:

I learned that I'm gay

I learned that your good with being pegged.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Who wouldn't be?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Who What Now posted:

Who wouldn't be?

People without anuses. Ever think of that.

No. No you didn't you insensitive jerk.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Literally A Person posted:

People without anuses. Ever think of that.

No. No you didn't you insensitive jerk.

He is really mean

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

My Shoes posted:

He is really mean

A total rear end.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
See what I did there?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I learned if you go to goon camp some weirdo will pull a knife on you immediately, but everyone else is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Most of all the forums have taught me that every single hobby is full of the absolute worst people.